What's new

Welcome To The Railyard

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
months ago, it was mentioned by me in a GHS thread to run their TW up against some others to see solid proof if what they do is legit or not and to give a solid case in bitchin about them other than feminised this and that.....

so thats how the initial idea was started, and heres the comparison lineup i bring to you:

Trainwreck bx1 from h3ad, which is the arcata cut x OE(arcata cut x thai)
Casey Jones from h3ad, which is SDxOE i believe
Trainwreck courtesy of Britsh Hempire, thanks man :wave:
and last but not least GHS Trainwreck

the TWbx1s are testers so they were started firsty with 80% germ rate so far.

for numbers right now im looking at 10 TWbx1s, 6 Caseys, 6 BH TWs, and then 3 GHS TWs that i got from someone when they first were released. hopefully ill have enough representatives from each to give an accurate side by side grow. stay tuned, the ride is just beginning :headbange

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
welcome zoo, i just dropped the GHS TW and BH's TW into shot glasses, casey will be rounding it out on monday or sunday.

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
3/3 on the GHS crackin open in the shotglass already, they went to the heat source just now, dropping the 6 caseys down after this post, and will prolly switch B_Hs TWs tomorrow morning. the other 3 h3ad TWs that cracked didnt extend taproots any further so i put them into cups and took a nap not knowing a thunderstorm was coming :spank: so those cups got a healthy dose of water, i may have to drop the last 3 (got 13) in the pack to replace em if they dont come up. until next time :joint:

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well this should be intresting to say the least...i'm fucking in bro....i wanne see this show for shure! great idea on the side by side.....those GHS where fems no?

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
welcome Core :wave: yep, they were 3 out of a 10 pack that was purchased during the initial release by GHS.

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
3/3 paper towel germ on the GHS TW...

B_Hs TW goes into dirt tomorrow, the caseys just hit the paper towel

the TWbx1s got put outside in nice 80f to green up and i left em out on accident under a rainshower :spank: 1 wilted but the other 4 are going strong, the last 3 from the pack will be hitting the shotglass shortly :joint:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
6/6 on the trainwreck from british hempire in the towels, hitting dirt now, pic later tonight or tomorrow :joint:

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
what a lineup! any seats in the front row left? This is going to be quite the comparison run. What a challenge as well, as I'm sure you'll be having to watch the nutrient delivery to each plant carefully to keep them happy. Good luck with the grow! I'm sure it's going to kick ass! :headbange

D

dongle69

How is this a comparison if there is no Arcata TW?
Everything is a cross (except GHSC) or am I missing something?

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
dongle, first, noone knows the true lineage of their(GHS) trainwreck other then its name. the TWbx1 from h3ad is the arcata TW clone only crossed to thai and then back to itsself, arcata right there. I dont know where exactly british hempires trainwreck originates from but im sure i can find that out for you. the only hybrid is casey jones, arcata x thai, then to sour diesel i believe. that help a little :wave:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
all in the early veg chamber, minus a few waiting to pop in cups under the sun and the last 3 TWbx1s that hit the shotglass.

TWbx1s in cups, Casey Jones in the middle, B_Hs TWs in the back right and the GHS trio the front right. so far... all show spear shaped initial leaves (the first after the cotyledons) except for the ghs, they appear more rounded then the rest.

theherbalizor

Veteran
I am so on this one!!!!!

I have all those listed, except the H3ad seeds.

The Casey Jones is the nuts. I tried some a few weeks back, reminded me of how cheese used to be.

Now how do I get these H3ad seeds, I have tried to purchase and can't find them anywhere.

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
I want to see this show as well. I never hear to much good about GHS but, I always kept an open mind to them. They have a few strains Ive wanted to try, esp TW. I want to see this. Good luck, and let the fun begin.

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
theherbalizor :wave: ive had my casey for sometime, and got the lucky opportunity to test grow the TWbx1s.
Prof Sublime :wave: back in the day i always wanted to run hawaiian snow, if the TWs come out good i may try some other GHS gear.
first tracks :wave: so far with my setup ive never had any nute deficiencies, and with the new hb i wont have to worry about the bulb burning buds from close proximity like with my 150w cab.

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
Hey bird.
All I can say is YUM, the hawaiian snow sounded good too. Is it a good tasting weed? Ive only bought and grown Nirvana seeds and Ive been pleased with them. Cheap, fast really discret shipping, and the seeds always germ well.
Best luck with the experiment, I picked up some TW at a local Univ. a few years back, a hard hitter I say.

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
the few times ive came across "trainwreck' i never knew for sure if they were selling by actual name or just gave it that one because it was halfway decent... a slight bump in the road, minor case of SID claimed 2 healthy casey seedlings and one of the B_H TWs. luckily i got reserves and will drop more of each to keep the numbers up, and for the hell of it decided to add the last card to the pile, a TW cross from british hempire - TWxActual Sativa. pics to follow later tonight or tomorrow :joint:

G

abirdintheair said:
6/6 on the trainwreck from british hempire in the towels, hitting dirt now, pic later tonight or tomorrow

That's good to hear indeed, I always fret about seeds viability but so far everyone got great rates, can't beat fresh seeds I guess.

The Trainwreck I made is my selection from Woodhorse Seed's TW, which I believe is TW x Afghan then backcrossed a couple opftimes and then possibly linebred somewhat, not sure, btu the 4 females i had were all beauties, I picked the frostiest one with the best yield and bus structure, she was both lemony and piney, very tasty and very potent, very nice sativa high in only 70-75 days, I think it's better taken 75 although you could take them as early as 65.

This is the mum of those seeds:

DSCF0051.jpg

DSCF0052.jpg

DSCF0053.jpg

DSCF0054.jpg

DSCF0056.jpg

DSCF0057.jpg

DSCF0058.jpg

Actual Sativa, well I chose the frostiest, most potent and tasty one, she had a strong taste of orange liquer, I liked her a lot and kept that cut in preference to any of the TW phenos. Can make your head spin as it's a very strong head buzz.

Actual Sativa:

DSCF0076.jpg

DSCF0077.jpg

DSCF0078.jpg

BTW, watch out for the floppy stems of the TW, she needs a lot of support as she will just fall over once she has started producing buds, that's why the lady in those pics has a funny bend in her cola, she was so floppy she just fell over despite being well tied to bamboo stakes.

Last edited:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
thanks B_H :wave: i appreciate it, and i got a pack of 4' stakes ready and waiting.
heres the first round of comparison shots, showing the leaf detail i was talking about...

h3ads TWbx1, theyre staggered at diff heights becuase 2 groups were germed at diff times. the have nice spear shaped leaves with the usual serration.

the TW from british hempire, not as far along as the first grop of TWbx1s but you can see the similarities

two of the caseys, i wont know until later on how heavy the influence is from the TW into the ones i grow out

now the oddball, the GHS TW doesnt look close to the others at all based on leaf shape, size, and formation. the single leaves look more spoonish then spear-shaped. hopefully this doesnt carry on, until next time gang keep it green :joint: