What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Questions for Sam the Skunkman on Hindu Kush Indicas

indifferent

Veteran
RKS is proberly just a randrom skunk pheno ie what is now called cheese, at the end of the day insn't the best smokes the first few you have had, the best drink and so so on. IMO that is why a lot of ppl are saying that the old skool weed was best in 77etc, meaning when you was 18 you try good weed you have never felt anything like it and so on, all imo. If the old weed is so lucrative why is it not present?

Not even close, sorry.

The original Skunk stank like all hell due to the Afghan used in it. Sam worked it over the years to remove this. The Cheese is from 1988, nearly a decade after Sam removed the stinky phenos and while it is stinky, it's nothing at all like the smells people describe from RKS. I've grown plenty of rotten smelling Afghans and the stinky skunks were the more indica Afghan dominant ones.

It's still around but not widely held, Sam's is 1000x more common.

The illegal underground nature of the weed scene is largely why things disappear. Many of the old strains were better, there has been a lot of bad breeding done in the last 30 years.

Z

Zeinth

skunk..

skunk..

I like the effects of this rks..it last a long time...nice 2 hit 3 to 4 hour ride....the smell tho stays in the room way to long..

attachment.php

Attachments

• ll 008.jpg
    ll 008.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 29

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^wow,,,,you have been teaching this for ages indifferent,,,,,,,,,,

its like your old hat:)

i remember the first time i relized what was happening with the SK line,,,you are the dude that opend my eyes

:)

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that sounded wrong,,,,,

"it like an old hat"

i didnt mean::::::::your old hat

sorry man,,

i just needed to correct that:),,,,,

Hi!

I got a freebie pack of Sam the Skunkman's Durban Poison x Skunk No. 1 about 5 years ago and grew them out. Great strain! I think the vendor was either Hipersemillas or Gypsy Nirvana

Can that cross still be gotten anywhere?

joaquin386

For a good Hindu Kush hsould I go for:
Real Seed Company - Mazar i Sharif
Sensi Seeds - Hindu Kush

Any suggestion would be nice.

P

pawpaw

Ace Seed haf you kush joaquin, mite take a pm to dubi sa don see inty list on boo.
Sum time te recent lot uf freebies fram Mazar show up BIN on the bay.

Be soor ta mak charas :)

yourbuddy

Hopefully your still reading this thread Sam. I'm very interested in the original afghan and would like to some day get my hands on some pure. I'm looking into seedsman now... If you can recall the specs of it i.e growth, vigor, leaf style, structure, smell, taste, anything, that would be great.

Yourbuddy,

mr.brunch

Veteran
wow! what a thread!! my eyes are now sore, but it was worth it-
i feel lucky to have access to all this info

Last edited:
A

astra007

INTERESTING

INTERESTING

yes i skipped through this thread and it makes an interesting read!

to bad most of it is bunk. im a canadian and i have friends who were east indian who came over to CANADA in the mid to late 60's and brought their "hashplant" seeds with them. they named their hashplants from where they came from; thus you had the HINDU, KUSH MOUNTAIN, AFGHANI, RHINO, and just plain HASHPLANT.

some say masterkush was another from the kush region but named this to keep it separate from the mountain landrace original. the O.G. KUSH was grown and bred in the U.S.A. and stands for OCEAN GROWN.

have you ever grown and seen MAZAR and then compared it to NL or moonshine? completely different, not a true hashplant like appollo or G13 for that matter. i'll probably get shot for posting this but WTF?

OSBC

Mriko... Did u work w sensi as a seed collector? If you are the Mriko who gave me the pics of you smoking the cheetah!! In ur travels during the cup at sensiseeds cafe.. a few years back I'd like to chat w ya..

Bluenote

just started a pack of Hindu Kush X skunk#1 aka POG from seedsmans skunkmans range just wondering if anyone here has had a go of it

For a long , long time. Out of favor in todays market as goes MMJ but one of my personal favorites , hardy , clones easily , not a particularly picky feeder. Colas /buds big enough that you need to keep an eye on the humidity , slight susceptibility to powder mildew. For me it's bean remarkably consistent with a quite deent yield.

Got mine long ago as clone , YMMV from seed so I don't know how much my anecdotal evidence is worth.

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
Hi!

I got a freebie pack of Sam the Skunkman's Durban Poison x Skunk No. 1 about 5 years ago and grew them out. Great strain! I think the vendor was either Hipersemillas or Gypsy Nirvana

Can that cross still be gotten anywhere?

i had three packs of those, as freebies, many moons ago. not a single one popped for me. out of 30.

i really really wish i had a chance at these........

-cap

monkey5

Veteran
I grew out just one pack...

I grew out just one pack...

HubCap, I grew out just one pack.. of the durbin Poison X skunk#1 freebies from Sam & Gypsy! I got three strong plants out of that one pack! One male & one was a hermi .. both those were cut down! The last was all female! She was grown in full sun .. organic all the way..cut down Sept. 1st .. and was FIRE! I have one pack left..I hope to find some killer in that pack! I will make seeds this time! monkey5

For a long , long time. Out of favor in todays market as goes MMJ but one of my personal favorites , hardy , clones easily , not a particularly picky feeder. Colas /buds big enough that you need to keep an eye on the humidity , slight susceptibility to powder mildew. For me it's bean remarkably consistent with a quite deent yield.

Got mine long ago as clone , YMMV from seed so I don't know how much my anecdotal evidence is worth.

thanks for the info bluenote

Latest posts

Latest posts