What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sam the Skunkman Original Haze x Skunk

Miko

Hello friends!

Please share your growing and smoking thoughts on the cross. Are those seeds fresh? Hermies? Mold resistance? Suitable for indoor?

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
I've had a lot of different things in my garden but Sam's OHxSK#1 still beats the shit out of any modern strain or hybrid I/we have. Very potent and very suitable for indoors, you might find plants that hermie or are very sensitive to anykind of stress...havent had any mold ever on these plants, one of my all time favorites, and other people love it too, some dont like it because it is trippy, not couchlock at all.

Takes some time to finish properly but is well worth the wait, fantastic herb and like many people say: a real blast from the past.

Miko

FJ thanks for response. Sounds good. A couple more Qs if you don't mind: How many seeds have you grown? Do you find it vigorous? Clones well? Stinks bad in flower?

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
I have grown most of the seeds I had, 10 or so and this one has stick around. Cant say much about vigor, they grow more like any oldskool sativas we have. Clones very well and stinks - reeks - very much. Hope this helps.

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
I for sure tested for mold this summer. That is one thing this plant does not do. Some mite resistance also. Harvested at the end of Nov. about 12 weeks after the first pistils showed. I used a couple males of the HazeSkunk to make some new crosses and haven't had any disappointments. The smoke is very good and it always gets anyone baked. Not for the casual smoker it may be a little much for them. Yes it does have a heavy stank factor especially near harvest time.

29245DSCN3050-med.JPG

29245DSCN3051-med.JPG

29245DSCN3049-med.JPG

29245DSCN3043-med.JPG

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Aah FJ, reminding me of my favorite hazesmoke :yummy: Just got good sized jar from last summer grow. Taste & odors have decreased after 9 months, or so cure, but the effects are still very much in the head :woohoo:

Vivá la Cultivators Choice :headbange

G

Ahh, my favorite strain at the moment, cut from the same plant in Farmer Johns pics. Cuttings root quickly, quite vigorous growth, does not stretch forever and yield is pretty good. Oh almost forgot, that stuff is pretty potent too. Naahaa to random encounters in afterparties!

Last edited:

dkmonk

Were can i get these beans at? I dont want some knock offs i want the real deal, Farmer John were did you get yours?

NL5/SK1

I'm planning an outdoor grow in 2008 of original haze/skunk#1. Can anyone comment on the yield outdoors? I can't wait for that haze daze.

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
I got my seeds as testers from Seedboutique, Sam Skunkman's Cultivators choice. Sams is as original as it gets, should be called THE original, always. lol.

Miko

Thanks! You're very helpful! I'm so happy you've posted those links and photographs! Beautiful!

Sounds like just what I've been looking for, really. Heady psychedelic high with high ceiling, rather potent and good yeild. I also do outdoors from time to time. The cross sounded almost too perfect to me from breeders description, exactly what I had been dreaming of - something thai and haze shortened and fattened by a good skunk and there you go from the man himself the creator of skunk. And exactly the two crosses I wanted!

I hope to join the club later, wish me luck hit jackpot and score a real keeper. I am mostly on thai hunt lately but I love haze and can't help it.

hey guys what up... i was wondering if any of you could help me out...i didnt want to start a new thread b/c i think my ? can be answered here....sorry for thread jacking.

i also got an order from seed boutique (mandala genetics - hashberry, sadhu, safari mix) and my freebie pack was (5) " T* Haze x Skunk 1 " ... I was wondering what the "T*" stood for...I was assuming its "Thai" but its not spelled out. There is also no breeder info with the seeds so any help here would be apriciated...prolly looking to clone the best fem and spread it to my freinds for north east outdoor coming up.

thanks

Miko

Stalldaworld how you doing

I remember some were labeled something thai/haze x skunk or similar. Well I know there was the thai word. Haven't grown them, though

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Yes there indeed is OldschoolThaiHaze x SK#1 & there is Original Haze x SK#1 (which we were talking about) to be found on Cultivators Choice lines...

I havent grown anything else than this OH x SK#1 from SamS, but I think all those lines must be the bomb :woohoo:

If you guys/gals are willing to wait awhile before harvest & you aint afraid of complex flowering, then I would say these lines fit for you :yes:

I shared my cut with several people and only one of them did follow my tips growing her, so he was the only one with good result, other guys did grow it like standard indicadom and noticed how she didnt never fill & stop flowering! + they did cut it early :confused:

Only bad thing is that I trusted these guys for keeping it for me, while I didnt have it currently at my garden only to disapoint when asking a cut couple daze ago.. No more OH x SK#1 on any of those friends I shared it = no OH x SK#1 for Herbalistic :badday: Everyone of them said they have forwarded their grows on more "practical" directions... These guys didnt understand that they cannot grow it like some indidom and give N till the end and then they complain it doesnt yield, wtf :confused:

This is a strain with multiple harvest windows and really needs couple rounds before understanding her :2cents:

THC•20

I just got them as a freebie and I must say that these are by far some of the smallest seeds I've ever had in my possession lol. I was just wondering if there were any possibilities of getting phenos that aren't "hazy". I didn't plan on germinating any but after reading this thread I just had to start 3 :).

F

fully baked

THC•20 said:
I just got them as a freebie and I must say that these are by far some of the smallest seeds I've ever had in my possession lol. I was just wondering if there were any possibilities of getting phenos that aren't "hazy". I didn't plan on germinating any but after reading this thread I just had to start 3 :).

LMAO at the smallest seeds bit. I thought the same thing when I saw em...

Miko

just got them and yep, they're real small. But c99 freebies I got with them are even smaller :) cheers

Latest posts

Latest posts