What's new

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

bigherb

Veteran
9weeks in with two OH x Sk1 ladies... started off 6" and as you see now one is just about 7' tall. i'll take better pictures once im closer to the end, which should be another 6-9 weeks?

View Image

close up of the same plant from above
View Image

my second female, a bit shorter
View Image

probably my favorite plants iv'e ever grown, thank you again SAM

Those sexy ladies are Lookin great thanks for sharing

I look forward to your progress keep us posted

1luvbigherb

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Kamyo, Bigherb, and Dr. Purpur.

I will get better quality pictures later, its hard snappin photos in the dark with just a headlight.

The next clones of these girls i throw into flower will have a special soil mix for them. you can see the N-clawing, they got the regular amended soil like everyone else and the smaller one can handle it better but the taller one claws up.

Im not getting any smells from them, so nothing to report there. but like buttyrekka on the previous page i will make seeds and hopefully some interesting things will show up.

I got one male (i have 2 of them) that i took out of flower when it started showing pollen sacks, so i cut all those branches off with the sacks, put it in back in veg. it came back no problem 2 weeks later and it was throwing pistils and no sacks. so i thought shit, i must of thought i saw pollen sacks... put it back in flower, seems like 2 weeks go by and bam a shit ton of pollen sacks!
so i guess it might be something special, i don't have any experience with males showing pistils in veg. plus it is so vigorous, it just laughs stuff off and keeps growing.

bigherb

Veteran
Considering we have been Discussing Haze hybrids an a recent situation . I thought it was a great idea to add a Link which Has pictures of Plant an bud Of some of the oldest haze clones to date .

These lines all derivive from Sams Haze stock . The Hybrids were made by Nevil with the exception of a Sk/Hz reported to be from SSSC valut (hopfully Sams Can touch on that ) . These specific clones in the thread along with a few others are still preserved in S.Holland .

Id like to give Much respect to the man who started the thread ( sup Unc hope all is well). He is a Expert haze grower , a very knowledgable and Kind Fella Who goes by the name Yosemite Sams . Id like to Also Give a shout to Nevil for spreading these clones an Bonk aswell as Johan an others who have spread an preserved .Last but damn sure not least Sams who is Responsible for Bringing the Haze to Holland

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/16-bud-shots/6775-80s-nl5xhaze.html

Much Respect to all who have contributed in this thread an all who keep the Haze Alive

1luvbigherb

C

charlie garcia

much respect Sam and all
Got some old lots of Hazes from Sam Skunkman anonimously gifted by a nice guy to explore if could could germ and try to "preserve" lol ;) To do whatever I can being rude and simple jejeje

I dont know. I have never grown pure Sams Haze but Neville Haze in the past which contains NL#5 and Toms Hills development (saw more than smoked) so I cant say a thing but what I saw...I know some colombianas, started growing seeds when young with Punto Rojo as few avalibale seeds here in Spain in those times. I started also the 40 Oldtimers Hazes given by Oldtimer, last one of the 3 supposed Hazes he kept and gently spared around, thx sir) which imho seems to be from early stages of whats called hazes today and sure before or when Sam started to overload Hazes potential to their most and best as we agree. Oldtimers seems to have such phenotypical, aromatic and coloristic variability atributed to early or 70's Punto Rojos or Hazes I think Ive read somewhere here. I dont know for sure :) Most I remember from the past were small and green incensed sticks and some lots of violet and purpling leafes in colombians when matured too, maybe due cold here

Last year tried sprouting a few to check about if worthy enough to do and got these pics. 2 females grown in very small pots until they started flowering od. Awful last year climate conditions made me finish them indoor and maybe reason why had to harvest a month earlier than expected due making few "dangerous" nanas, shared room, blablabla :) I tell this because I coudnt smoke them their best to know for sure but made me decide to go with many more old seeds next run

I found 2 so sticky, stincky and resinous ladies. What surprised me first was the aroma intensity at middle/late flowering, haze/colombian like (or whats referred as Haze). So resinous and sticky for being so sativa. Incense, rope, bit lemon/lime, spicy, some pepper and "dark" aromas in the bottom.

Tested for cannabinoids profiles and they gave so so low CBD. Almost just THC :) tested at same time other sativas here (Oaxaca, Michoacan and some of my sativa hybrids) which all gave a bit more CBD than Haze did (nevertheless these Hazes could have being more matured for full potential as said before).

Well less rambling and here are few pics. I think these could be some Sam Hazes, correct me if I am wrong pls. Closest resembling to Toms Hazes I see. Managed to germ 36 from almost 200 for this season job. Lets see energies and so and would try to test in lab at the end of season most best I can find.
best
kaiki

Attachments

• Old Haze 120924 052 copia.jpg
    Old Haze 120924 052 copia.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 29
  • old Haze 121016 044 copia.jpg
    old Haze 121016 044 copia.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 25
  • old Haze 121108 007 copia.jpg
    old Haze 121108 007 copia.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 23
  • old Haze 121108b 003 copia.jpg
    old Haze 121108b 003 copia.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 26
  • old Haze 121108 006 copia.jpg
    old Haze 121108 006 copia.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Nice Pics Charlie!

Ive got a big haze volunteer plant out by the orchard. What a nice surprise, as Im mostly running Kush crosses this year

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Beautiful ladies Kaiki! Looking very nice... what's the story behind those Hazes? where they from Positronics as Tom Hill's line too or did they came from USA?

Vibes.

purple_man

Veteran
good infos everyone! im wondering if anyone got any infos about the new years haze??? i recieved some beans called 6-7 month haze supposed to be OLD, and was wondering if anyone heard about those before, cause the only thing coming to my mind is the longest flowering called new years haze from one of the articles posted on ic....

blessss
ps.: thx in advance

C

charlie garcia

Dr Purpur I know of kush craze. You know fashions in this industry come and go. I like motivational plantas not matter what name. Wish you enjoy and have best summer

Mustakunk, I didnt ask more, he want to stay in the dark, he said "many many years ago from Sams stocks". I trust, we help each other as landrace aficionados too with other different lines. Not matter what for me these are just plants now. Should go 13/11 july 1st and wish to finish them od if possible. Lets see what they want or can tell here

New Year is normal date for many long sativas, "navideñas" the say in Mexico. Some oldtimers went farther. Remember a Panama time ago too which never flowered here ;)

Hope you excuse me as I dont participate much in forums lately but Ill try and show some more flowering details and results later.
Enjoy
best
kaiki

Last edited:

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
It is very difficult for me to finish out the full on Hazes here in California. I ran some Nevils Madness, and Oaxacan,and Karibe, and had to tarp them from the winter weather last year. They were very good, but could have done better somewhere else. I can finish Headband, OG Kush, Panama, Sweet Afghani, Maui, and Haze Kush Hybrids Ive made such as Mango Haze LA Confidential.

I can do them indoors , but for Haze, the Electricity here in California cost way too much.

Kush is no passing fancy. I was growing and smoking it back in the late 70s. My friends friends aquired the seeds in Afghanistan, and Lebanon in 1976 for the cross we ran for 20 years. Red Lebanese Sativa/ Afghani Indica.That Afghan was a straight up Kush. It was a staple, and a but my mountain friends also grew Thai for special occacions. There was always a giant Thai Lady next to the patio beside the house. Just gorgeous!.

I sold the Red Leb Afghani for them, but the sweet Brittish Hippie woman always sent me home with some sweet insense Thai buds. For Christmas there was a large antique jare stuffed real tight with sweet long insence Thai buds on jar length stems.

When Id open the jar it was just like candy. So sweet, so nice. And so were the dear older people who gave them to me. Fond Memories. Wonderful weed!

window

Veteran
Cool story Dr. Purpur, I love reading about what you old school grower's used to get up to.
Red Leb/Afghani and sweet Thai bud's sound's heavenly.

bigherb

Veteran
much respect Sam and all
Got some old lots of Hazes from Sam Skunkman anonimously gifted by a nice guy to explore if could could germ and try to "preserve" lol ;) To do whatever I can being rude and simple jejeje

I dont know. I have never grown pure Sams Haze but Neville Haze in the past which contains NL#5 and Toms Hills development (saw more than smoked) so I cant say a thing but what I saw...I know some colombianas, started growing seeds when young with Punto Rojo as few avalibale seeds here in Spain in those times. I started also the 40 Oldtimers Hazes given by Oldtimer, last one of the 3 supposed Hazes he kept and gently spared around, thx sir) which imho seems to be from early stages of whats called hazes today and sure before or when Sam started to overload Hazes potential to their most and best as we agree. Oldtimers seems to have such phenotypical, aromatic and coloristic variability atributed to early or 70's Punto Rojos or Hazes I think Ive read somewhere here. I dont know for sure :) Most I remember from the past were small and green incensed sticks and some lots of violet and purpling leafes in colombians when matured too, maybe due cold here

Last year tried sprouting a few to check about if worthy enough to do and got these pics. 2 females grown in very small pots until they started flowering od. Awful last year climate conditions made me finish them indoor and maybe reason why had to harvest a month earlier than expected due making few "dangerous" nanas, shared room, blablabla :) I tell this because I coudnt smoke them their best to know for sure but made me decide to go with many more old seeds next run

I found 2 so sticky, stincky and resinous ladies. What surprised me first was the aroma intensity at middle/late flowering, haze/colombian like (or whats referred as Haze). So resinous and sticky for being so sativa. Incense, rope, bit lemon/lime, spicy, some pepper and "dark" aromas in the bottom.

Tested for cannabinoids profiles and they gave so so low CBD. Almost just THC :) tested at same time other sativas here (Oaxaca, Michoacan and some of my sativa hybrids) which all gave a bit more CBD than Haze did (nevertheless these Hazes could have being more matured for full potential as said before).

Well less rambling and here are few pics. I think these could be some Sam Hazes, correct me if I am wrong pls. Closest resembling to Toms Hazes I see. Managed to germ 36 from almost 200 for this season job. Lets see energies and so and would try to test in lab at the end of season most best I can find.
best
kaiki

Kaiki

Its great to see you posting an what a post this is after not seeing you much .Your insight an opinions is always appreciated .There is many interesting thoughts an experiences you share

Yes from the Information available the Santa Cruz purple Haze an Old Timers purple haze share several similarities . Im curious as to hear more of your opinion on the similarities with Your punto Rojo Line an the Old Timers Haze .I see Incense is somthing common amongst them .

Sorry to hear of the tough growing conditions ,But it seems you were impressed especially since ytou considering another run that speaks volumes .Although not at its best ,IM curious for a smoke report the Aromas sound Great im curious about taste/effect ?

Im also curious how long did they flower ?

IMO from your description an pics the Haze stock you grew out are similiar to THH . From the pics I dont think they would be from before Pre dutch Haze 84 or Sams Private Haze stash .Hopfully Sams can comment

Much respect

1luvbigherb

bigherb

Veteran
It is very difficult for me to finish out the full on Hazes here in California. I ran some Nevils Madness, and Oaxacan,and Karibe, and had to tarp them from the winter weather last year. They were very good, but could have done better somewhere else. I can finish Headband, OG Kush, Panama, Sweet Afghani, Maui, and Haze Kush Hybrids Ive made such as Mango Haze LA Confidential.

I can do them indoors , but for Haze, the Electricity here in California cost way too much.

Kush is no passing fancy. I was growing and smoking it back in the late 70s. My friends friends aquired the seeds in Afghanistan, and Lebanon in 1976 for the cross we ran for 20 years. Red Lebanese Sativa/ Afghani Indica.That Afghan was a straight up Kush. It was a staple, and a but my mountain friends also grew Thai for special occacions. There was always a giant Thai Lady next to the patio beside the house. Just gorgeous!.

I sold the Red Leb Afghani for them, but the sweet Brittish Hippie woman always sent me home with some sweet insense Thai buds. For Christmas there was a large antique jare stuffed real tight with sweet long insence Thai buds on jar length stems.

When Id open the jar it was just like candy. So sweet, so nice. And so were the dear older people who gave them to me. Fond Memories. Wonderful weed!

Sup brother

Always great to hear you reminiscene ,Sounds like great times .

I know we spoke briefly about the Nev crosses being very motivational but not what we were seeking . But i always hoped an waited for a final smoke report Pics an the Damn this is some Firee . Than i thought after no report it was nothing to write about ,Now i understand they didnt get a proper finish ,soo you couldnt experience the full potential .

Shit Throw a few in the corners during a run an let them do there thing . Im sure a few Haze plants in the corner could'nt hurt nothin ,You know that the yeild can somtimes be surprising especially with those Crosses .

What is that Sweet afghani about ,Is it pure Ghani ? can you share some info on Source n smoke ?

That's the Kush im interested in late 70's real deal ,Not Chem babies.

Incense thai wat a lucky guy ,Thanks for sharing an taking us on that trip threw memory lane

1luvbigherb

bigherb

Veteran
good infos everyone! im wondering if anyone got any infos about the new years haze??? i recieved some beans called 6-7 month haze supposed to be OLD, and was wondering if anyone heard about those before, cause the only thing coming to my mind is the longest flowering called new years haze from one of the articles posted on ic....

blessss
ps.: thx in advance

This is the best place to ask the question ,But we have asked before myself an others reguarding the Lineages on all the haze hybrids in the SS/CC catalouge below .

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=8747&pictureid=191745

From what is common knowledge the Santa Cruz Haze was Grown till December to be exact 8 maybe 9 months in ground . The Burning bush is a Thai/Haze hybrid Sams has shared that. I would imagine the Extra late new years haze is somthing of similiar lineage .

Remember news years is jan 1 an OHaze was chopped not much earlier

But Only Sams knows ,Hopfully he can share some details .

I recall zamalito saying he had Burning bush Seeds .BUt since my date on the net Ive never seen a post about a description of any of these haze varieties let alone a grow

1luvbibgherb

C

charlie garcia

thx Dr Purpur for nice response, sounds like great times and I know. When we talk sometimes about landraces we think only tall, thin and long maturing sativas but we seem to forget about classic indicas. There are some smoke qualities I still cant find easely. I remember an east-indian smoke so so warm and happy, lifted your spirit, so calm and clear. I would like to have better od conditions here for sativas but I have not and depend on luck to finish them properly od. Panama could do it well maybe ;)

bigherb, curled resine leafes, aromas and certain vigor in these expressions catched my interest. Time to see more yet, not rush here, Ill try and clone each and all. I guess as an extra Ill do some crosses and see how they perform too for better understanding but cant say much yet, am not Haze expert at all and other tasks going at same time.

THC level was similar to other lines tested, lack of CBD was only difference in this test. Think labs add now a terpenes test too being told by them.

When I reread the old High Times article about Punto Rojo from Sta Marta I think they talk about aromas, flavours of the Oldtimers Haze #23, purple mom. But I saw in same line and in only 40 seeds other phenos resembling more asian or african or colombian or who knows, lime green and gold, citric discret aromas or phenos of intense green leafes but incence seemed to be quite common in most. Quickest oldtimers finished in 16 weeks and there was a violet one (#14) of bigger calyxes. So whatever is into Oldtimers I dont know. I had to reject others for straigth paranoia effects.

best
kaiki

Last edited:

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Your a good man Charlie, and its nice to hang out with you on here.

I see some folks like the stories from the old days. Here is one from 1976:

Im still thinking about ther Cambodian Red I bought from Dennis Peron in late 1976. That stuff was the best sativa Ive ever had. Best flavor hands down. Perfume insense.

With several Fat J's of Real Columbian Gold, Columbian Red, Bhudda stick, burning in that room high above polk street, in San Francisco, We could smell the Cambodian Red joint coming our direction.

My gay boss had a transvestite friend that got me an intro to Peron, and into Big Top Imports. Located in the third story of a victorian house with a two way mirror on the front door, and special instructions in order to get in.

The guard let us in, and Dennis met me at the top of the stair well, and chatted me up for about 10 minutes before leading me into the very well stocked store on the top story.

There were tapestries on all the walls. Giant pillows and bean bag chairs were scattered throught. Giant woven baskets filled with pounds of top quality imported weed and mushrooms sat on tables with women manning the scales. Each basket had at least a kilo of bud in it and probably 20 fat joints in each one for samples.

People were encouraged to grab samples, fire up a bomber, then pass it. I was seeing colors. Everything took on a pink hue after the hit off the Cambodian. I went home with 5 kinds of bud, three kinds of hash, and some mushrooms from the amazon.

C

charlie garcia

same Dr. Makes reading forum much more fun and magazine like in fact, thx. Its part of this/our culture. I get lost today with so many names, not offense intented pls, but feeling like an aficionado I can always be I would like to know whats into plants, am old style I guess and like to know about the genetics. Always thought indicas were just for hash only and paid more interest and attention to sativas although not many sources here, on other hand we have Morroco so close but when I grew some vareties they were so so weak and unuseful.

Good friend in Bogota talks aften about a warehouse/store in town not such long ago ago filled with piles of all colombianas you could have and buy :) Guess maybe still when Escobar.
I havent seen any Colombian Reds or Gold in Colombia today, most were for exports too, closest I tried were maybe a delicious Chamans mix of gold/red from Costa Rica although having worked different panamas I think I can make an idea of. But such bud texture and way of budding I havent seen it for long.

thx sir, take care
kaiki

OLDproLg

Veteran
Good info,last few pages!!!!!!!!

WILD STORY about the 2 way mirror an lady with weed.......
HOW COOL!!!

i have to ask a question about Origanol Haze from Seedman,what haze is it?
Sams haze or something else???
i forgot dangbit..
Lg