Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seedbay > Seedbay Private Breeders > Karma Genetics > A5 s1 - Koon's wannabe Dutch experience

Thread Title Search
A5 s1 - Koon's wannabe Dutch experience Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-01-2020, 02:06 PM #1
Koondense

Koondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivor
Koondense has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
A5 s1 - Koon's wannabe Dutch experience

Hello fellow ganja lovers,
first a BIG THANKS to Karma, he gave away quite a number of these A5 s1 seeds and crosses not long ago, this is the A5 s1, not hybridised so let's see how this girl develops.
For me it's not the first time with A5 genes, had two runs with the A5 x Malawi Killer by Ace, both were very nice and made me appreciate the plants even more.
This one though is a selfed individual, has less vigor than A5 hybrids and looks more "ancient" to my eye than most cannabis plants I've seen.
So it's a good start, actually had some issues with her nutrient uptake, the plant was getting pale(yellowish), no salts or N increase did not help...then I made some aerated compost tea and she returned fully green and healthy in a couple days. Enhanced organics is the way to go with this girl.

Basic setup:
Enhanced organic soil + nutrients
Probably a 40L fabric pot
Led lights - cree cxb 3590 cobs(25-35W/sqft)
some lst, pruning, maybe topping.

A5s1 top, still in veg

Can't say more for now, she will get the pretty much standard treatment as all the girls until now, except the "enhanced" organics will now become the new standard, after seeing how nicely she reacted to it.
Expecting some more veg time as it's one hell of a summer and holidays are around the corner.
Changed the location again, so more travel and more work will be needed...hopefully in the end it will go well but I can't make such promises, life is too hectic sometimes.
Wish me luck

Once again thank you KarmaG for the free seeds, means really a lot!

Cheers
Koondense is offline Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 02:11 PM #2
Fronk

Fronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant future
Shit yeah.
Fronk is online now Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 08:00 PM #3
el mani

el mani is a name known to allel mani is a name known to allel mani is a name known to allel mani is a name known to allel mani is a name known to allel mani is a name known to allel mani is a name known to allel mani is a name known to allel mani is a name known to allel mani is a name known to allel mani is a name known to all

I agree with you, this year I have the whole garden full of haze hybrids (KA5hz, AG13 bx, MM x Nh, WL, SSSDHxJh MHz and A5s1) and the a5 seems the most "ancient".
good luck
el mani is offline Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 09:14 PM #4
bsgospel

bsgospel has much to be proud ofbsgospel has much to be proud ofbsgospel has much to be proud ofbsgospel has much to be proud ofbsgospel has much to be proud ofbsgospel has much to be proud ofbsgospel has much to be proud ofbsgospel has much to be proud ofbsgospel has much to be proud ofbsgospel has much to be proud ofbsgospel has much to be proud of
Nice, I was wondering when you'd get to these. I'll pull up a chair.
Old 08-01-2020, 10:24 PM #5
TheDarkStorm

TheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koondense View Post
Hello fellow ganja lovers,
first a BIG THANKS to Karma, he gave away quite a number of these A5 s1 seeds and crosses not long ago, this is the A5 s1, not hybridised so let's see how this girl develops.
For me it's not the first time with A5 genes, had two runs with the A5 x Malawi Killer by Ace, both were very nice and made me appreciate the plants even more.
This one though is a selfed individual, has less vigor than A5 hybrids and looks more "ancient" to my eye than most cannabis plants I've seen.
So it's a good start, actually had some issues with her nutrient uptake, the plant was getting pale(yellowish), no salts or N increase did not help...then I made some aerated compost tea and she returned fully green and healthy in a couple days. Enhanced organics is the way to go with this girl.

Basic setup:
Enhanced organic soil + nutrients
Probably a 40L fabric pot
Led lights - cree cxb 3590 cobs(25-35W/sqft)
some lst, pruning, maybe topping.

A5s1 top, still in veg
View Image

Can't say more for now, she will get the pretty much standard treatment as all the girls until now, except the "enhanced" organics will now become the new standard, after seeing how nicely she reacted to it.
Expecting some more veg time as it's one hell of a summer and holidays are around the corner.
Changed the location again, so more travel and more work will be needed...hopefully in the end it will go well but I can't make such promises, life is too hectic sometimes.
Wish me luck

Once again thank you KarmaG for the free seeds, means really a lot!

Cheers
That looks like a very interesting pheno you have there...good luck lets hope its a special one
TheDarkStorm is online now Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 02:14 PM #6
Koondense

Koondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivor
Hi guys,
one week around and she just had a haircut or another defoliation, not much again, it's nice to keep her clean.
She has a "mom" status even if I did not take clones yet but I let her grow big, actually the longest veg of all my seed plants, she's awaiting transplant in a 40L fabric pot.
Still very green even if I neglected her a bit during the hottest days and she got very dry and droopy but recovered perfectly.
Not much changes for now but there will be soon enough.

A5s1 mom

Cheers
Old 08-09-2020, 08:53 PM #7
Doktorn

Doktorn is on a distinguished road
Looking good ??
Doktorn is offline Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 05:31 PM #8
Bmac1

Bmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivorBmac1 is a survivor
Pulling up a seat.
First Organic Run - Done
Organics Round 2 - Done
Karma Genetics SourA5Haze - Done
Current Diary
Bmac1 is offline Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 08:30 PM #10
Koondense

After transplant she suffered for some reason, I have a hard time with keeping her happy but somehow I manage.
The A5s1 is now under 12/12 for a day and will start to stretch soon, by her low vigor the stretch should not be too crazy so I hope to be able and manage the canopy well enough so the other plants and this will start to flower at the same level and time.

A5 s1

Getting a bit greener with increased feeding, I feel she would need less but requires constant levels of N otherwise she fades quickly. A not easy plant, hoping for at least some decent buds.

Cheers