What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Resurrecting an old Nevil's Haze "Nvidia selection"

og.naj

Hey everyone,

It is time to start a new grow journal. This one is a special journal because i search some true old haze to work with for long time now...
The luck come to me some months ago because a friend say me that he have very old Nevil's Haze Regular seeds in is refrigerateur and he can send me these seed! He just ask me to put the label "Nvidia selection".

Thats the description he make on the seeds :

"I have an original NH seed, I have kept it in my refrigerator for many, many years. I don't know if it will germinate, but if it does... I still remember its flavor. This NH strain is not like the others, it is the holy grail of the NH. I don't have room or time to grow it, but if you're planning to grow NH, maybe you can use it before I die of old age...
The only requirement is that if it germinates, you keep a branch as a mother plant and share it with all your friends. All of them. I don't want this genetics to be lost... All seed banks have very good NH, but this one is superior to all. If you're interested, tell me and I'll mail it to you. I like to call her Nevilles Haze Nvidia cut"

Finally i recieved two regular seeds of this very Old Nevil's Haze genetics that come originally out of the master work from Nevil, a true sativa connaisseur founder of "The Seed Bank" in the 80s . It was made by combining a pure Haze to a Northern Lights #5 x Haze Complete lineage is [(Haze x Haze) x NL #5] x (Haze x Haze), this creating probably one of the most influential plants of our time, certainly for flavor, aroma and effect. Haze requires profeasional care and a lot of patience because of its long flowering periode but it has been very good for hybridisation. (maybe to hit with my SourD bx2 male if i fund a female, he hee)

Nevil's Haze is a mostly Sativa (3/4) strain with a flowering time of between 14-16 weeks.

So just after i recieved the seeds i put them in the water for the germination process and after 9 days, yes 9 days (very long) one of the two seeds have germinated and are out the soil now!! Unfurtunetely the second one did not germinate.

Let see what story this little "Nevil's Haze Nvidia selection" baby can make....

Old Nevil's Haze "Nvidia selection"
picture.php

Last edited:

og.naj

For this grow i will use the full line of GH Powder BioFeeding. It is a 3 part 100% organic nutrient. Ehancer - BioGrow - BioBloom & i will add some home made compost tea...

Week 2 - Nevil's Haze "Nvidia Selection"
picture.php

og.naj

I add some BioGrow for the first time at week 3. I use 3gr / ltr of soil. Total of 21gr of BioGrow powder for the 7ltr pot.

Week 3 - Day 15 -Nevil's Haze "Nvidia Selection".
picture.php

og.naj

With the bio feeding, I try to keep the soil moist , not too moist but i never let the soil come completly dry befor the next watering. Like that the life in the soil continue the work better.

I pinch and curve the top at day 21 at 90° to promote the grow of the lower branche. She are already straight to the sanligh led bar​

Picture before the pinching
Week 4 - Day 22 Nevil's Haze "Nvidia Selection)
picture.php

og.naj

She react well with the little training i make one week before. The secondary branching are growing well. So, this nevil's are now ready to become a mother, today i will take 2 clones for preservation. When the clones are rooted, I will this big seeds plant in flowering. One of the two clones, the best one, will then become the future mother.

Week 5 - Day 36 - Nevil's Haze "Nvidia Selection"
picture.php

picture.php

og.naj

Here are the best cutting of the Nevil's Haze "Nvidia Selection" I will keep this one as mother. He are nice and healthy!

og.naj

Thank you and good idea with the S1 kokomarin, need to look after a good "revers solution".

This plant are already at week 5 of flowering and i already polinate some lower buds with my SourD bx2 male pollen. but S1 sound very interresting :)

og.naj

Hey unregistered190,

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Welcome[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] onboard
[/FONT]

Last edited:

og.naj

Good news, I see some little femal preflower one the NH plant in flowering :dance013:

Week 1 - Day 7 - Nevil's Haze "Nvidia selection"
picture.php

picture.php

og.naj

Hey everyone

Week 3 of flowering

The strech are real on this strain, and she are now at 100cm height. The buds are coming nicely and the begining of the trichome production start.

Nevil's Haze day 18 of flowering
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

og.naj

Week 5 of flowering for this wonderfull sativa.

They are now at 119cm of height. The strech begining to slow a little and the grow rate per day diminue to 1,58cm (was 2,5cm/day the first 4 weeks of flowering)

Because she is a 14-16weeks strain i put 12gr of BioBloom more on the top of the soil with a little compost from my garden. After that i watering well with rain water.

I pollinate also 4 lower buds with my SourD bx2 pollen to make seeds to be sure that i can preserve this wonderfull gene in the vault and also for sharing with friends!

Nevil's Haze "Nvidia selection" week 5
picture.php

picture.php