What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The 5 strongest from personal experiences

Buddle

Veteran
I welcome the old school flavors and knowledge personally Thai :) I also started smoking in the mid seventies and remember all the great Columbians and Thai stick.I'd have to add Panama Red to that list though..that was some strong weed, imo.
I never smoked any Thai grown in Thailand, that i know of anyway.I did however get homegrown Thai from a vet that was pricey at 600 a qp in the early 80's. Once you get 50 posts you can pm Motaco..I'll write him in the meantime and tell him @ your post..peace

Storm Shadow

Veteran
"The Who" from Orange County, CA 1999.... That shit felt like someone took Ice Picks and stabbed me in the lungs 100x over.... My one boy smoked a one phat bowl.... Tried to leave my spot with his skateboard ...minus his shoes! This fool was lit like a Xmas trees... I even had a girl smoke it tell me she couldnt see for like 20 min.... Grown by an Asian dude from MIT in an Aeroponic system.... Shit was insane...

Old School Super Silver Haze from 2000 Mr Nice...Ohhh weee that was the DANK! Way stronger than todays OG'z and better tasting..made my mouth taste like yummy skunk that lasted forever .... Shits so watered down today..its a PolyPoly world

ThaiBliss

Veteran
I welcome the old school flavors and knowledge personally Thai :) I also started smoking in the mid seventies and remember all the great Columbians and Thai stick.I'd have to add Panama Red to that list though..that was some strong weed, imo.
I never smoked any Thai grown in Thailand, that i know of anyway.I did however get homegrown Thai from a vet that was pricey at 600 a qp in the early 80's. Once you get 50 posts you can pm Motaco..I'll write him in the meantime and tell him @ your post..peace

Thanks Buddle. I appreciate the help.

I've avoided social networking in the past. Not sure if I would know how to PM when I do hit 50 posts. Still have not figured out how to subscribe. Is there a help link somewhere or instructions?

I

infinitylimit

Been smoking over a decade and there are a couple I remember that were worth while:

Juicy Fruit (Grown Locally, Generations from seed)
TrainWreck (ah-hem the Arcata clone, not GH S1 seed [although this is good too])

An honorable mention to BC Roadkill from Cannacopia, this smoke tended to disable any cognitive functions suddenly and without warning.

I will say my opinion may be in the minority but I never found any of the haze (including SSH), *berry, and kush variety to be very potent. I know many on here differ on this point, just my experience.

Great white shark
Ice -Nirvana
Johnny Blaze -Legends
Super Silver Haze -Greenhouse
Purple Kush or Urkel tied...
these are some of the best name brands i have smoked, ive smoked better than some of these but i wasnt into names at the time so i have no idea what variety i smoked on those occasions...

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran

A question for you Motaco: Where you able to preserve this Lowland Oaxacan?

No, unfortunately out of the ten or fifteen seeds I grew most were not notable in any way. The plant itself that I had pictured had a low yield, took a long time to flower, took up a lot of space, had low resin content, and didn't have a unique smell.

I thought it was another specimen of mexi crap weed like I have grown numerous times before and I had no interest in breeding with it. That one plant pictured was the only good one and I had to smoke it to find that out.

It flowered longer than all its other sisters and the other phenos were not very potent and were boring highs.

For whatever reason that one pheno was particularly powerful. Very powerful. But even if I had bred with it I would have quit. It would have taken too much work to produce anything stable enough to grow.

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
#1- Kali Mist(circa 1998), hands down the best weed i have ever smoked
#2- organically grown Jack Herrer- an amazing 50/50 pheno of Jack, got you so wasted
#3- old school Afghani#1 that some old buddies used to grow, WOW put you on the floor
#4 -old school skunk, like the RKS that everyone talks about, smoked it back in high school
#5- SAGE- i think one of the most under-rated strains-HUGE buds with an amazing stuptifying high

peace
Chefboy

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
LMAO :laughing:

I started reading this thread and got carried away when I saw the sugarecane post by Matoco. I did not even notice that almost all posts where in 2006.

I just now read through all the postings and now follow the tenor of what this is supposed to be. With that in mind:

Thai Stick
Jamaican Ganja
Sumatran
Columbian Rainbow
Columbian Black
Columbian Gold
Neville's Haze

That is 7. Getting carried away again.

:biggrin:

Where on earth do you find Sumatran?

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Where on earth do you find Sumatran?

A friend of a friend had a friend... (it's true) who travelled extensively and loved to send back the exotic.

That Sumatran was similar to Thai, but was golden brown and did not come on a stick. It was very pretty and good enough that I remember it after 40 years.

I've heard of Sumatran on other threads. I think they called it Sumatran Trip Weed.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
I thought it was another specimen of mexi crap weed like I have grown numerous times before and I had no interest in breeding with it. That one plant pictured was the only good one and I had to smoke it to find that out.

For whatever reason that one pheno was particularly powerful. Very powerful. But even if I had bred with it I would have quit. It would have taken too much work to produce anything stable enough to grow.

Motacco - My individual also had almost all bad traits... except for the one that counts.

I have grown out a couple seeds I made. They kept the color, and one had that thunderstorm smell. They also all have the extremely slow growing seedling trait with internodes measured in millimeters. When they get bigger, they stretch like a normal sativa.

If I find one that looks like the mum, I'll post it so you can see.

Thanks for answering my post!

Last edited:
C

ConfirmPassword

Kali Mist from a clone I got at Berkeley Patients Group around 2006. The stuff was epic...no ceiling, absolutely soaring high, cut through anything, smelled like incense. Nothing has come close.

Socrates

Password, have you tried growing Kali from seed? I'm wondering what the chances are of finding a pheno like this in a pack of the current stock.

And I guess I may as well play along and give my top 5 strongest (noting that I don't actually place too much stock in straight-up potency and generally choose my strains based on the specific qualities of the herb):

Grown:
Mandala Satori
SOL Blockhead (freebie from an order of DJ's Grape Krush - I preferred the flavor and stone of the GK, which is great, but the blockhead was one-hit KO shit)
FMS Grapefruit

Smoked:
random Costa Rican sativa (like $30/oz, trippy and blazed out of your gourd but happy and energetic too - wish I'd kept the seeds!)
old Kali Mist (this stuff cut through 4 days of accumulated smoking in Amsterdam like it was nothing, just fantastic)

Honorable mention:

Grown:
BogBubble
Jack Herer
White Rhino (REALLY creeps up on you)
Unknown Sagarmatha strain from a Mystery Mix (I think perhaps Mangolian Indica?)

Smoked:
The usual Chemdog/Sour D/OGK/Headband and crosses
SSH
Mr Nice (G13XHashplant)
GS Cookies (I personally don't really like this stuff but it is undeniably strong)
old-school Bubblegum

"Hmm lets see...
I remember a Columbian strain we all called Rainbow that was available in the mid 70's, nice long golden buds with all sorts of colors that ran through it.
That was some good smoke." - Capt.Ahab

I remember rainbow - good smoke, indeed !!!

C

ConfirmPassword

"Hmm lets see...
I remember a Columbian strain we all called Rainbow that was available in the mid 70's, nice long golden buds with all sorts of colors that ran through it.
That was some good smoke." - Capt.Ahab

I remember rainbow - good smoke, indeed !!!
Heck yeah I used to smoke rainbow Lumbo back in the late 70's. Pretty much all we used to get was Columbian, mostly, and Mexican.

C

ConfirmPassword

Password, have you tried growing Kali from seed? I'm wondering what the chances are of finding a pheno like this in a pack of the current stock.
From what I understand chances on the slim side. Main reason I've never invested in those beans. I had 2 phenos and pollinated the more indica leaning...D'Oh! It finished a week earlier, more stout, purpled a bit, etc. Ran into a friend recently I gave those Purple Mist beans to, the dad was Kali Mist from a friend, and those genetics are the basis for a lot of beans he's made over the years.

Latest posts

Latest posts