What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Wow that looks amazing, i haven't quite got the space for a plant that big indoors eek.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
wow, beautifull plants zamalito and mano negra!

Also the congo's borders have changed much in the last 40 years. What are now zaire (democratic republic of congo) strains may have been sold as congolese in the past.

Zaire is not anymore, now it's DRC. Actually we used to have loads of West/Central African weed coming to France during the 90s. Some from Zaire and Congo (Brazza). The Congolese had good reputation, but the Zairoise was seen as something very, very special and it was!
Iwould rather say that former Zaire strains are sld as Congolese now.

Irie !

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Those look stunning, my mouths watering allready :yummy:

Love the red pistils :yes:

Is that strain available anywhere? :chin:

B

bonecarver_OG

preciosos fotos LMN!

tu jardin es como un paseo por el continente de africa :D que pasada!!

paz amigo!

StayHigh149

motaco said:
Hello all newcomers. thanks for droppin by.

BRITISH HEMPIRE

yeah I know what you mean, potency really isn't where its at. its hard trying to get some of these new wavers to believe it though. A friend of mine calls me the new generation of the old school because I'm pretty young but I grow alot of old strains and hold onto old school values I suppose. And thats what it takes you know. I'm proud to carry oldschool beliefs into the new century.

It's like I always say. if you give someone two big jars of weed for free. one hashplant and one apple. almost everyone would run out of the apple first. and not because it was less potent I mean by the session most people would end up smoking the apple faster than the hashplant.

and thats because when its free, or you didn't work for it the stone is free of grower tilt predjudice. (people will get mad at a strain because of how well it yields, or lower trichs than other plants they have etc) its just two strains in a jar. and people would usually rather have something that makes them giggly and laugh and enjoy conversation with their friends than get totally wasted. IMHO the big potency craze and whatnot is part of this $20 gram buyer mentality. If your buying grams for $20 you don't want no apple. you want hashplant. you want bang for the buck. which is totally understandable.

What I don't understand is when people take that mentality into the growroom. now that your not paying for weed why grow the shit that isn't any fun? Unless your working a 150 and oversmoke your yield. But most of that indica weed is no good for me. take it to a party and people end up staring at their feet. all sleepy and loaded. no thanks. I'll take the giggles anyday. How potent does weed really need to be? do we have to smoke a bowl and be ready to crash?

long conversations (in particular with strangers) is part of new orleans culture. Big talkers and drinkers. I can't have my herb fucking that up its gotta help it. I like conversation weed.

Reminds me of what an old dealer I used to have would tell people. It was during that era that "indo" was starting to actually hit the street market. Just powerful sleepy BC indica in those days. back when kindbud lbs were red not green lol.

He didn't like this new bud, or the market. He said people were trying to turn weed into drugs and he didn't like it, didn't think it was good for people cuz it didn't get them high it got them loaded and sleepy, and he wasn't going to sell it. He was very oldschool. Never owned a pipe; he rolled everything he smoked. Rare to find he had quality control on his schwag. he wouldn't buy nasty lbs. only the good ones. Good schwag and midgrade was all he ever sold.

When people would come around and ask for "endo" he'd tell them: "Two blocks down and make a right, they got black tar heroin $10 dollar holla's. Your gonna have to go catch your NODS with them fools because we're getting HIGH on this corner"

and I know where he's coming from. we got weed that gets you HIGH and we got weed that gets you LOW. if your looking to get LOW you better stop and think on it for a while. are you actually trying to catch a weed buzz or maybe just substituting it for something else?

Mo Mo Mo Mo Taco!!!! (like Mo Mo Mo Mo Money from the "In Living Color" Days LoL). BEAUTIFUL post!!! So many things that I would like to pull out of that 1 & use for signature quotes.....keep droppin knowledge famo!

G

guest123

heres a few s hots of some ducksfoot i have grown , shes a fun plant to grow ,, very sativery , though unlike some think of sativas ,, they will produce very tight chunky buds .. u just need to grow them in the climate they like best ...
airy and open buds not around here .....

G

here is an ultimate sativa c99 ... she showed up in a batch f f2's ... she has a heart racing, head thumping, spine tingling, soaring sativa "high"

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
La Mano Negra you have gorgeous plants and very exotic. a joy to see.

beautiful pics everyone and welcome to all new comers. I started the hawaiian section up to btw.

WALLY what temps do you have when you flower there? Some sativas make nice chunky nugs but many of them are very open and airy just naturally. Nothing to do with the conditions its just physical structure of the bud. Especially if they are from hot places. Plants that steadily adapt to flowering in high heat and humidity open up to disperse heat.

Places further from the equator or from mountains tend to have tighter buds. but lowland equatorial sativas are almost always open and airy.

Last edited:

intel2000

Hey all, who can recommend a truly trippy sativa available today? Where can I get some beans?

Wally, Ducksfoot indoors has not been recommended, but it shall be done one day! LOL.

Grow on!

G

i've seen some sativas being displayed that the growers say are real great ... i would tell you to try to get c99 ... it should not be hard to find & the high is very "up & trippy"

G

this fool has no idea.

Pardon him, and i advise the thread starter to get a handle on this c99 guy because he will have pages and pages of bullshit littering your thread untill a mod deletes the rubbish.

sorry c99 around here we like to discuss real sativas, not unknown bagseed c99 (the fact that the original princess cut came from a plant of a bag of sensi. probably a late nanner or some random male....)
the whole cubing thing is math and doesnt apply to breeding really...

imo C99 is a genetic cluster fuck and i think your just a weak buz becasue the shit isnt potant and i build a tolerance to it fast.
(c99 x ssh)

if you dont agree then more power to you, when theres a seed shortage ill go for the worthwhile strains. and i wont be after C99 ill leave that to you.

LOL i see hes already doing it............
if the guy wants to know he will ask me...

Last edited:
G

nepthaze .. are you at least going to try to answer intel2000's sincere question with some suggestions about superior sativas that are availeble & where to get them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts