What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

True Terpenes VISCOSITY extract liquifier LAB TESTS: Mineral oil but no terps!!

Fellow concentrators: If you use True Terpenes beware!

I'm sharing these lab tests (costing me more than $600) to get the word out about the lies True Terpenes is telling regarding their extract liquifier product: Viscosity diluent

I choose to have Viscosity tested at two labs because I really disliked the product. It left a burning/irritating sensation in my throat and a bad taste in my mouth. I had enough Viscosity left to justify testing it to see if I wanted to keep using it (I don't!).

They claim that their dilutant is made from 100% terpenes, but it's NOT. According to lab results it's really "a blend of some very heavy, non-volatile, odorless material, along with some mineral oil". The lab ruled out squalene as an ingredient.

Sadly, it's apparent that True Terpenes is lying and ripping people off. The very people who are specifically looking for a terpene based dilutant. And on top of that, True Terpenes is charging an INSANE amount of money for what is very inexpensive mineral oil and some unknown non-terpene material.

So, if you don't want to vape mineral oil and some unknown, non-terpene material (possibly derived from petroleum oil), STAY AWAY from True Terpenes.

I decided to pay for two separate GC/MS analyses of True Terpenes Viscostiy extract liquifier (at two different labs) to make sure there really is mineral oil as an ingredient. I didn't believe the first lab because I didn't think True Terpenes would actually include mineral oil into a vape product used for medicine. However, after the second lab had the same results as the first lab there is no denying the sad fact True Terpenes is lying.

Lab test #1: I'm waiting on the final report from the first lab test of Viscosity. The lab found mineral oil and some very heavy, non-volatile, odorless material they suspect may be some type of petroleum derived synthetic isoparaffin solvents. Once I receive the final report I'll share it here.

Lab test #2: Below are the results from the second lab test of Viscosity. This was carried out at Essential Oil University by Dr. Robert Pappas, Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry. It's one of the best, if not the best labs for analyzing terpenes in the entire world. Dr. Pappas reported that squalene was not found in the sample.

If I can figure out how to upload a PDF I'll share the actual report.

Per Dr. Pappas:
The sample did not show any signs of terpenes in the mixture. The sample is a blend of some very heavy, non-volatile, odorless material, along with some mineral oil.
ic

Scthq2j.png

Attachments

• EEO lab analysis of True Terpenes Viscocity extract liquifier.jpg
    EEO lab analysis of True Terpenes Viscocity extract liquifier.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 129

Roji

Good job.
I have always been suspicious of their claims.
I heard there is a dilutent or "cut" for distillate called "thickner" or something along that line now too. Same consistency as disty with no smell or taste.
SMH.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Related to this, distillate or vape cartridges are a hot item in the market now. The equipment and process to produce these is relatively expensive. Little information on their production is being shared from what I've gathered. What if any diluents are being used might be a "trade secret" or proprietary. With this market, I am not sure if revealing the ingredients is actually going to be required or regulated. Without knowing the components it is difficult to know how safe they may be.

mack 10

Veteran
lmao,True Terps,,, smh,
zero terps, that really is a joke.
is it not false marketing?

id like to test all these terps people are buying.
bet theres no terps in those either.

(For one, there is no terp called "Lemon Haze" or
whatever. )
#2,
as far as i know there is No company breaking down
cannabis terps , especially into each specific
terp.
they are def extracting something,
but its nott what 90% of people think it is.
i'm calling bs on the whole industry.
prove me wrong?

EsterEssence

Veteran
I don't get how these disposable pens became so popular, obviously from these tests you don't have any idea what you are inhaling. I get the convenience part, but the whole vape until the cartridge is empty and throw away the battery that will probably rust and leach into the ground seems like a lose lose to me, and it isn't just the cannabis industry that has the disposable pens. I bet half of them read labels on their food purchases and talk about saving the planet.

Gry

Loved extracts since the early seventies, and remember an iso2 with great fondness.
Never ever felt right about the pens, or had any desire to try one.
Not at all sure, but think they may have became popular because it made it easier to 'consume on
the sly', ie the no smell thing.
Packaging reminded me of the candy counter at a seven eleven.

great points everyone. I'm just so disgusted with True Terpenes and sad those tests came back the way they did. How can anyone trust anything True Terpenes claims now? I mean there terps are so crazy expensive, so I guess there's A LOT of profit margin on lies.

gh0stm0de

Wow. I am so disappointed. Not even gonna front, I made a couple batches with Viscosity too. I also still use True Terps for other blends. Oh hellllll no....

Great post. Thank you for sharing and exposing some unacceptable bullshittery.

irishf0x

Please post these results on Reddit and anywhere else that will listen.

I have been screaming this at people since TT first sent us a bottle of this mystery oil. The crap has no information on the SDS, the first sign something is wrong.

soil margin

Veteran
Yeah this is the kinda shit I expect from every commercial extract producer until proven otherwise. Fuck vape pens and all that other bullshit. Strictly for retards who like getting scammed.

Wow. I am so disappointed. Not even gonna front, I made a couple batches with Viscosity too. I also still use True Terps for other blends. Oh hellllll no....

Great post. Thank you for sharing and exposing some unacceptable bullshittery.
Thanks. Glad this info helped you. I feel like you, just disappointed. And I feel scammed.

forgot to explain the unofficial chain of custody

1 I ordered a four ounce bottle of Viscosity. Immediately after receiving the shipment I sent it to the first lab, with the protective plastic cap cover in place.

2 After the first lab results found mineral oil, what they think may be some type of petroleum oil based isoparaffin solvent, some unknown, heavy, non-terpene material, and zero terpenes in True Terpenes Visocisty I decided to send a new sample of Viscosity to one of the best terpene and essential oil testing labs in the world.

3 A few weeks later I ordered another bottle of Viscosity and some strains. Immediately after receiving the shipment I sent the Viscosity to the second lab, with the protective plastic cover in place.

4 After the second lab, one of the best in the world for terps and oils, also found mineral oil and some unknown, heavy, non-terpene material, but NO terps or squalene I decided to share when I had time.

pinkus

Veteran
I ALMOST bought some true terps yesterday.

I bought Holy Terps flavorless instead. They have been VERY good so far. I also have used Fogg cutter, and have really liked that too.

Thanks, and sorry you got screwed.

I don't hate on vape pens. In fact, I now love them because my tattered old lungs react better to clean oils with terps than vaped flowers. I would have bet against it 5 years ago. Plus, when you make them yourself and they are one hit and you're baked, it's friggen sweet! :shooty: