in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Concentrates > Haskel 4AAD-2

Thread Title Search
Haskel 4AAD-2 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-03-2019, 11:17 PM #1
lastone

lastone is on a distinguished road
Haskel 4AAD-2

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas vabout this pump.https://https://terppextractors.com/.../haskel-4aad-2
lastone is offline Quote

Old 01-03-2019, 11:37 PM #2
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond repute
... broken link :(

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 01-04-2019, 12:52 AM #3
Gray Wolf
A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.

Gray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....ghlight=Haskel

Believing is seeing and ignorance is bliss until it bites you in the ass!

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

Wise men learn more from fools, than fools from wise men.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.
Gray Wolf is offline Quote

Old 01-04-2019, 01:43 AM #4
lastone

ThisClick image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190103-095708.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	481113
lastone is offline Quote

Old 01-04-2019, 07:54 AM #5
Dave at Haskel

Dave at Haskel has a spectacular aura aboutDave at Haskel has a spectacular aura aboutDave at Haskel has a spectacular aura aboutDave at Haskel has a spectacular aura aboutDave at Haskel has a spectacular aura about
The Haskel 4AAD-2 is what is called an Air Amplifier. It was designed to boost compressed air pressure. Terp did some testing with one and was able to get some very good results. It does have a displacement of 60 cubic inches (3 times the displacement of an EXT420), however it can only increase the gas pressure to as high as the drive air pressure + the incoming vapor pressure. So if you have drive air of 80 psig and the butane or propane vapor pressure is 30 psig, the maximum output pressure is 80 + 30 psig = 110 psig. The other good thing is that it has a 4" air drive, so it uses half the drive air that the EXT420 uses (at the same cycle rate). So, theoretically the 4AAD-2 will move 3 times as much vapor as the EXT420 using half the air.

Sounds pretty good? Well, there are some drawbacks. The 4AAD-2 does not have internal separation like the EXT420 does, so it is possible (and likely) to get cross contamination between the drive air and the process gas (butane/propane). My biggest concern is that the drive air/compressor air will get into the solvent. That may not sound too bad, but the compressor air has oil (from the compressor) mixed in with it and it will contaminate the solvent with the compressor lubrication oil.

Terp told me that they are promoting it for use only with bottled nitrogen as the drive source. Bottled nitrogen is dry and will not add any contaminants to solvent, although it may be necessary to "burp" the nitrogen out of the solvent storage tank. Also, when driving off a nitrogen bottle, it is necessary to get a high pressure regulator that can drop the high pressure from the nitrogen bottle down to less than 125 psig (the maximum drive air pressure for the 4AAD-2).

Because of the good results that Terp did see with the 4AAD-2, Haskel is working on a pump with similar specifications to the 4AAD-2, but it will have separation to keep the drive air and the solvent vapor separate (just like the EXT420). We did get a prototype of the new pump in the field several months ago and it did provide very good results (about 3 times the recovery rate of the EXT420) however, it did have a failure. Haskel Engineering is working on a fix for the failure and I hope to have it back in test very shortly.

Sorry for the long answer. Let me know if you have any questions.

Dave
Dave at Haskel is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:15 PM #6
lastone

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply Dave.That is the information I've been looking for. Any Idea how much longer before the new unit will be available?I wonder if the compressed air could be filtered. Or what about oil less compressors.🤔 Or maybe cold trap. I wonder how much nitrogen would cost to run it? I'm in Alaska so things cost alot here.I already have a 420 and big compressor at a new extraction facility. I'm trying to out fit a smaller medical operation.
lastone is offline Quote

Old 01-04-2019, 11:38 PM #7
lastone

How can one be sure There Is not contamination in the nitrogen?
lastone is offline Quote

Old 01-05-2019, 07:12 AM #8
Dave at Haskel

Dave at Haskel has a spectacular aura aboutDave at Haskel has a spectacular aura aboutDave at Haskel has a spectacular aura aboutDave at Haskel has a spectacular aura aboutDave at Haskel has a spectacular aura about
I wish I could tell you how long it will be before the new pump is available (I'm a little frustrated with our engineering department over this....). Whether or not filtration will be sufficient is going to be your call. Just assume that whatever is in the compressed air will come into contact with your solvent.

We do have another pump that we have been selling for many years, it the AGD-1.5. It has a displacement of 60 cubic inches and it's maximum output pressure is 1.5 X the drive pressure + the incoming vapor pressure. It will use about the same amount of air as the EXT420 and it does include separation to keep the drive air separate from the process vapor.

Regarding the nitrogen cleanliness, as long as you get the nitrogen from a reputable supplier, you should be fine. I don't know the cost of the nitrogen, especially up on Alaska (I get up there once a year or so and I know that everything is more expensive up there).

Dave
Dave at Haskel is offline Quote

Old 01-05-2019, 01:50 PM #9
Gray Wolf
A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.

Gray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastone View Post
How can one be sure There Is not contamination in the nitrogen?

It is typically cryogenically produced by air reduction, and you should ostensibly be in the low parts per millionth contamination with even industrial grades.

Believing is seeing and ignorance is bliss until it bites you in the ass!

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

Wise men learn more from fools, than fools from wise men.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.
Gray Wolf is offline Quote

Old 01-07-2019, 08:34 PM #10
lastone

https://www.pacificaircompressors.com/la-man.html
Thinking about running something like this.
lastone is offline Quote