in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > New Growers > Bag seed in with good strain

Thread Title Search
Bag seed in with good strain Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2018, 10:03 AM #1
STOKED

STOKED will become famous soon enoughSTOKED will become famous soon enough
Bag seed in with good strain

Hi all Iím a new hobby gardener and new to the forums.

Can I ask for some advice please.

I have a 4x4 with 3 mars reflector 96
(600 true watts)

I only had 1 bag seed to start, itís a very healthy looking plant. Itís in 16litre rhizo pot/coco, gh nutes

Since then I was able to get a hold of some breeder seeds, good known strains.

I have them all in the same room, I do have a small tent I can use next to the 4x4 and a mars epistar 80 (180 true watts)

Should I rip the bag seed?
Place it to flower in the smaller tent?
Possibly out door?

I have no stash at all so I am reluctant to rip it incase in could finish okay to get me through till the good strains.

I mostly am scared about it being a male and pollinating my good strains.

And a little worried about running another tent as Iím not sure the power company may alert someone with high wattage? So am trying to keep power down.

Iím rather inexperienced

Thanks for any help.
STOKED is offline Quote

Old 04-12-2018, 10:25 AM #2
b8man

b8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really niceb8man is just really nice
How old is the bagseed plant?

If you're dankrupt then getting any plant finished should be the priority. If the bagseed is old enough then put it in to flower in whatever tent you can. In 70 or so days you'll have enough weed and that vital bit of experience that you can put some time and care in to the next grow.

Even if you have reputable seeds you still usually need to grow out a few plants to find a good specimen and this takes quite a bit of time and planning. But budget on having them vegged for 5 weeks so that when your current crop is cut you can put the next lot straight in to flower. Then keep an eye out for an amazing plant that you want to keep and maybe take a cutting for the next grow.

You don't have to worry about the males pollinating the females. You'll spot they're male and be able to pull them wayy before pollen is released.

And I'm pretty sure the power companies wouldn't care for such moderate electricity usage.

Good luck!
b8man is online now Quote

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:47 AM #3
STOKED

Quote:
Originally Posted by b8man View Post
How old is the bagseed plant?

If you're dankrupt then getting any plant finished should be the priority. If the bagseed is old enough then put it in to flower in whatever tent you can. In 70 or so days you'll have enough weed and that vital bit of experience that you can put some time and care in to the next grow.

Even if you have reputable seeds you still usually need to grow out a few plants to find a good specimen and this takes quite a bit of time and planning. But budget on having them vegged for 5 weeks so that when your current crop is cut you can put the next lot straight in to flower. Then keep an eye out for an amazing plant that you want to keep and maybe take a cutting for the next grow.

You don't have to worry about the males pollinating the females. You'll spot they're male and be able to pull them wayy before pollen is released.

And I'm pretty sure the power companies wouldn't care for such moderate electricity usage.

Good luck!

Thanks so much.
Perfect advice I think, exactly what I was thinking.

Bagseed is at 5 weeks
Auto Kush x 2 4 weeks
C99xblueberry fast 4 weeks

Iíll pop the bagseed in the other tent and flip to 12/12

Currently 20/4

Thanks again
STOKED is offline Quote

Old 04-18-2018, 02:21 AM #4
Bird of Hermes

Bird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of light
If you're talking about a combined wattage of around 1k then like b8 said don't sweat it if you pay your bill on time they could care less. They are only looking for the big dogs usually and 1k is nowhere near that. My first grow over a decade ago was some dank bag seed wish I knew what it was and saved it's genetics. Good luck

Bird of Hermes is offline Quote

Old 04-18-2018, 03:18 AM #5
Spaventa

Spaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by b8man View Post
dankrupt
That is pure gold

Delicious Critical Jack Herer ACE Panama Haze
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=349398
Spaventa is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:35 AM #6
pop_rocks

pop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant futurepop_rocks has a brilliant future
solid post, b8man, lets help this man get some experience with his first grow!
/btw, the term dankrupt is pure gold
so before we talk flower,do you know which plants are female and which are the males?
look in the crook between the leaf and the stem, what do you see?
if its a mini seed pod/pistal you have a lady, a knobby thing at the end of a stem means a male plant
/maybe you can post up a pic or two
once you figure out the plants that are female, you can move those into the flower zone (12/12)
/you might even want to take cuts from them before this
best of luck!
pop_rocks is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:34 AM #7
Spaventa

Spaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant future
My first reaction is the well reasoned logic that a grow is an investment - you invested in lights, tent etc etc etc and theres running costs like electricity. If its legal in your area, your also risking a fine or the financial impact of losing your liberty. SO, convention says, don't waste it on unknown, unreliable genetics. Even if you bought the most expensive seeds, its still only a small fraction of the total cost of an indoor grow.
Also, the genetics you get for your money could be with you forever, long after the equipment was replaced 3 times over. Me and my friends kept a clone going for 30 years cos she was so lovely.

BUT my final thought.. - A lot the legendary clone only elites are either bag seed or a cross of bagseed...so

Delicious Critical Jack Herer ACE Panama Haze
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=349398
Spaventa is offline Quote

Old 04-18-2018, 06:02 AM #8
Bird of Hermes

Bird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of lightBird of Hermes is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaventa View Post
My first reaction is the well reasoned logic that a grow is an investment - you invested in lights, tent etc etc etc and theres running costs like electricity. If its legal in your area, your also risking a fine or the financial impact of losing your liberty. SO, convention says, don't waste it on unknown, unreliable genetics. Even if you bought the most expensive seeds, its still only a small fraction of the total cost of an indoor grow.
Also, the genetics you get for your money could be with you forever, long after the equipment was replaced 3 times over. Me and my friends kept a clone going for 30 years cos she was so lovely.

BUT my final thought.. - A lot the legendary clone only elites are either bag seed or a cross of bagseed...so
He's got some good strains from the sound of it I think he just wants to finish out the bag seed plant cause he's dankrupt. If its already grown out as it sounds and is a girl no harm in finishing it. I've been dankrupt for 2 months myself cause of a broad mite attack :(

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:05 PM #9
STOKED

Wow thanks so much guys,I feel really welcomed with all your contributions.

And I learned DANKRUPT best new term I’ve heard this year!

I did end up keeping the bagseed, I am still DANKRUPT, it looks great so would be a shame. I’ve switched it and it is looking like a lady to me, I may post some pics to get help identifying though.

I do want to know is it okay to change the time by an hour? I have it 9am-pm but want to change it to 8am-8pm

I’ve taken some clones in case it turns out nice.

My auto are about a month away, nearly ready
STOKED is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:13 PM #10
Bird of Hermes

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOKED View Post
Wow thanks so much guys,I feel really welcomed with all your contributions.

And I learned DANKRUPT best new term Iíve heard this year!

I did end up keeping the bagseed, I am still DANKRUPT, it looks great so would be a shame. Iíve switched it and it is looking like a lady to me, I may post some pics to get help identifying though.

I do want to know is it okay to change the time by an hour? I have it 9am-pm but want to change it to 8am-8pm

Iíve taken some clones in case it turns out nice.

My auto are about a month away, nearly ready
Yeah it's ok I don't use timers and have screwed up photoperiods multiple times in one flowering period. While it is best to keep everything steady she won't go nuts as easy as some people might think. If you need help identifying the sex we can definitely help with that when you post pics. I wish I was as close as you I've been dankrupt for 2 months and probably will be for another 4-5. Good luck and pray that you never get broad/cyclamen mites like I did lol.