What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ReikoX's Workshop 2018

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
This is a continuation of last year's thread, ReikoX's Workshop 2017.

Sit back and smoke them if you got them!
picture.php

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program....

My mother's are due for a trim soon, don't you think?
picture.php

I planted a Blueberry seed a few days ago, but its not coming up yet. Ill give it another week or so before planting something else.The clover is, however, coming up now. The SIP is working well, the soil is nice and evenly watered. The cabinet gets water only in the bottom, then gets teas lightly sprayed from the top. I need to fix the elbow on the back, it's rattling when the cabinet is completely closed.luckily I can keep it slightly ajar for now.
picture.php

Mr Pyr0

Here we go again, subbed and pulling up a chair so I can learn more :)

That box is only missing an egg and a clucking hen :biggrin:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Who made the Blueberry and what's in it?

I had an old True Blueberry seed I got in a trade many years ago. Planted it last fall but no luck. I hope yours pops!

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
It's from Dinafem, don't know much more about it. It was one of my first seed orders. It's popped, but struggling to keep up with the clover right now.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The little Blueberry seedling finally decided she wanted to compete with the clovers. I've been hacking them back to get her a bit more light.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
If you're ever in my neck of the desert, we can make that happen. I would love to hit your stuff.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
It needs a bent neck kinda.

How them skunk turn out man? I had one that smelled and tasted horrible. Got me stoned though. The other two are smelling more normal. I got some seeds growing on one so that's cool.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
It needs a bent neck kinda.

How them skunk turn out man? I had one that smelled and tasted horrible. Got me stoned though. The other two are smelling more normal. I got some seeds growing on one so that's cool.
I agree, it would be nice if the neck was bent. I get a bit cross eyed trying to get the dab in the dish.

picture.php

The skunk came like old school skunk, seeds and all. The one that was full of male full of male flowers is stony and comes on slow, but smells kind of like hay. The small one that smelled in early flower like feet cured to a very neutral smell and taste, almost like water cured bud only better. The big girl checks most of the boxes, decent smell and good production. She did throw a couple of male flowers the last week of flower. I will run her again. I will be popping the rest of the seeds and continuing to search for interesting phenotypes. Because of the seeds, there is no pressing these buds directly. I think I'm going wash them, then press the bubble hash.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The Holy Grail 69 got chopped at about 60 days. I burned her pretty bad with neem oil (not emulsified properly) in the first couple of weeks of flower. She may be culled from the garden, a very lanky girl and has no stretch at all. She has dense nugs with a sweet and kushy smell though.
picture.php

Transplanted the Delicious Candy clones right into the same pots. I chopped the old plants, cut a new hole, dropped in the new clone, put a thin layer of compost, and covered with barley straw. So far, even these little pots are working with no-till practices.
picture.php

The Blueberry baby in the 1x1x2 cab is still trying to outcompete the clover. I keep chopping the clover back, but it grows so fast. :D
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The Bluberry in the 1x1x2 is doing great. The Soma style SIP is working wonderfully. I have been top watering my teas and whatnot from the top and plain water in the bottom. The clovers are a constant battle, they were just chopped be for this photo.
picture.php

Not all my plants are vegging, here is a Jilly Bean bud shot for you. She's at six weeks and smells fantastic, man I wish we had scratch and sniff monitors. To be fair, I'm running the other phenotype one more time as well, but it's going to be hard to beat this one.
picture.php

Betterhaff

Veteran
Hi Reiko…love your threads.

I’m assuming you are using your cover crop for nitrogen fixation but doesn’t that nitrogen only become available when the cover crop dies and decomposes? So the nitrogen fixed by the cover crop would only be available for the next crop, after the cover crop dies and decomposes.

So with your no-till box do you, after harvest, just recycle the soil, cover crop and all. Then plant more cover crop and new target crop? Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I do recall you starting a no-till box in your Ancestral Skunk thread.

NITROGEN RETURN TO THE SOIL AND OTHER CROPS

The amount of nitrogen returned to the soil during or after a legume crop can be misleading. Almost all of the nitrogen fixed goes directly into the plant. Little leaks into the soil for a neighboring non-legume plant. However, nitrogen eventually returns to the soil for a neighboring plant when vegetation (roots, leaves, fruits) of the legume die and decompose.

When the grain from a grain legume crop is harvested, little nitrogen is returned for the following crop. Most of the nitrogen fixed during the season is removed from the field. The stalks, leaves, and roots of grain legumes such as soybeans and beans contain about the same concentration of nitrogen as found in non-legume crop residue. In fact, the residue from a corn crop contains more nitrogen than the residue from a bean crop, simply because the corn crop has more residue.

A perennial or forage legume crop only adds significant nitrogen for the following crop if the entire biomass (stems, leaves, roots) is incorporated into the soil. If a forage is cut and removed from the field, most of the nitrogen fixed by the forage is removed. Roots and crowns add little soil nitrogen, compared to the above ground biomass.
https://www.csun.edu/~hcbio027/biotechnology/lec10/lindemann.html

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
You got it right, the clover gets sown with the cannabis. It helps loosen the soil and fixes nitrogen to grow. Once the canopy begins to over shadow the clover, it dies off and joins the mulch layer. Come harvest, all the fan leaves and stems get chopped up and also added to the mulch layer. Any amendments are top dressed and another cover crop is sown. The new clone or seed is plopped in and everything keeps on going. No recycling, no tilling, no custom feed schedule, no pH adjustments, no flushing.

Ive just started down the rabbit hole, but so far it couldn't be simpler or cheaper for me.

Mr Pyr0

You got it right, the clover gets sown with the cannabis. It helps loosen the soil and fixes nitrogen to grow. Once the canopy begins to over shadow the clover, it dies off and joins the mulch layer. Come harvest, all the fan leaves and stems get chopped up and also added to the mulch layer. Any amendments are top dressed and another cover crop is sown. The new clone or seed is plopped in and everything keeps on going. No recycling, no tilling, no custom feed schedule, no pH adjustments, no flushing.

Ive just started down the rabbit hole, but so far it couldn't be simpler or cheaper for me.

Now I'm very interested, I'll be paying more attention to this thread. Glad it's working out for you. :tiphat:

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Just wanted to note how much better these girls look under the SolStrips. Less wattage, less heat, and improved plant health? Yes please!
picture.php

Took the girls out for a feeding today and decided to take picture. In the front row, is Zak Haze at about two weeks flowering. In the middle is JillyBean #4 at five weeks. She will most likely get culled after this round. In the back is the JillyBean #2 at eight weeks. She is definitely the keeper from the five pack.
picture.php

I also took a shot of my mothers, they are a little bit more yellow than I usually would like. I'm trying to keep them on the same "no-till" watering schedule. They also have quite purple stems, I think they are most likely getting too cold as well.
picture.php

packerfan79

Veteran
No till for the win. I love simplicity. Unfortunately I am a glutton for punishment, and I keep doing things the hard way.

Latest posts

Latest posts