What's new

Egg or trichome???

Maybe I missed it, but everyone so far has just said mites, no mention of spider anywhere. And the pic does look a lot like broad mite egg.

Scrappy-doo

Correct. No one said spider because they didn't have to, it's implied. Spider mite eggs look similar to sessile trichs. All the pics posted are of spider mites and their eggs. Broad mite eggs are oval shaped with lots of bumps all over them.

soundman

You're reading my post out of context.

No one in this thread is talking about broad mites other than you. They think those are spider mite eggs. My post was about spider mites.

Obviously you need a scope to id broads.

EDIT- Here's another person who mistook sessile trichs for eggs. This is a common question newbies ask. Sessile trichs are part of the anatomy of a leaf. Every leaf has them. If those were mite eggs there would be mites and mite damage which are both fairly easy to spot.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=288078

I never mentioned spider mites. Lots of species of mites.

Scrappy-doo

Such as...?

Whom are both common to cannabis and lay eggs like those in the pics?

I'd be very interested to know.

soundman

Such as...?

Whom are both common to cannabis and lay eggs like those in the pics?

I'd be very interested to know.

Google it yourself. Im not doing your homework or going to argue with you.

You are the one that took posts out of context. That is all.

G

Gr33nSanta

when in doubt, buy persimillis, fallacis, californicus, rove beetles, .... its pretty obvious when spider mites are taking over, you do see spidermites.

Scrappy-doo

Google it yourself. Im not doing your homework or going to argue with you.

You are the one that took posts out of context. That is all.

It was a rhetorical question.

Google it myself? I already know the answer and so do you. Thanks for playing though:wave:

It was a rhetorical question.

Google it myself? I already know the answer and so do you. Thanks for playing though:wave:

I'm thinking also hoping it's a sessile trich but I'm getting a lot of mixed opinions on here as you ALWAYS do it's almost pointless to ask because of so many mixed opinions but doesn't hurt to ask and I might just do a little spray just in case but you don't think it's a egg ?

I KEEP scoping as much as I can with a 100x handheld magnifier and still havnt seen any crawlers I've spent more time in the last week scoping than I have actually tending to my plants lol

You think they just laid eggs and then left town? Wouldn't be very motherly.

Who me? I personally don't think they are bugs because i havnt aeeb any or any mite damage but I wasn't 100% sure that's why I posted the pictures I hope there not and lol about the motherly part haha

G

Gr33nSanta

prevention is key, i screwed up years ago and it sucks, I wish I had been more preventative... ...

Halfton

It's a trich , spent weeks searching and monitoring those bumps. They never hatched.... also I personally never found any crawling bugs on my plant but still had those bumps/thrichs

Latest posts

Latest posts