What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trump threatens medical cannabis

Status
Not open for further replies.

igrowone

Veteran
another whim of what goes on inside the trump head space
which is totally erratic
just another day in the trump zone, i will say every day is different

Stinkhorn123

Im reading this from a hospital room as we wait for an ambulance to take my beautiful mother home to die after a 20 year battle with cancer. My moms only experiences with cannabis have been medical. The first time was at the age of 50 while undergoing chemo therapy for breast cancer. After 16 years of being in remission the cancer reared its ugly head again and she has been doing courses of RSO and vaping since the diagnosis. She found great relief from cannabis as most of you can imagine and spread the word of its healing qualities far and wide. Reading this sickens me, please let this be fake news.

topheavy420

Obama produced these "signing statements" too, they were not pro cannabis either, this is just part od the norm saving face or whatever. This is fake news.

Obama produced these "signing statements" too, they were not pro cannabis either, this is just part od the norm saving face or whatever. This is fake news.

what was your response when obama did that?

def not fake. it happened therefore it is accurate. everytime you guys sling around the term "fake news" its loses its value and you lose credibility.

topheavy420

what was your response when obama did that?

Didn't have one as I didn't follow the day to day things he did. I don't with trump either but with the help of Google it took me about 5 minutes to figure out this is fake news. It's a non story politicized into proaganda which makes it fake news!!!

Didn't have one as I didn't follow the day to day things he did. I don't with trump either but with the help of Google it took me about 5 minutes to figure out this is fake news. It's a non story politicized into proaganda which makes it fake news!!!

here is trumps exact words:

"Division B, section 537 provides that the Department of Justice may not use any funds to prevent implementation of medical marijuana laws by various States and territories. I will treat this provision consistently with my constitutional responsibility to take care that the laws be faithfully executed."

seems to me your using lougle and not google.

please explain how this is fake/propaganda/a non story?

topheavy420

"Division B, section 537 provides that the Department of Justice may not use any funds to prevent implementation of medical marijuana laws by various States and territories. I will treat this provision consistently with my constitutional responsibility to take care that the laws be faithfully executed."

Jeezus, every president does these signing statements, and yes trump did this one I'm not denying that. The difference is certain media outlets are suddenly making a big deal out of this one which is no different than past presidents, Obama included. So why the sky is falling headline? They're drumming up fear and anger out of something that is the norm and goes unnoticed. So why didn't folks scream when obama made his signing statement that was anti cannabis? It's a non story because every president does this regardless of personal opinion on the subject. It's politicized and propaganda because they are drumming up anger and fear towards him out of a non story.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Jeezus, every president does these signing statements, and yes trump did this one I'm not denying that. The difference is certain media outlets are suddenly making a big deal out of this one which is no different than past presidents, Obama included. So why the sky is falling headline? They're drumming up fear and anger out of something that is the norm and goes unnoticed. So why didn't folks scream when obama made his signing statement that was anti cannabis? It's a non story because every president does this regardless of personal opinion on the subject. It's politicized and propaganda because they are drumming up anger and fear towards him out of a non story.

I can’t seem to locate Obama’s anti-cannabis (medical, nonetheless) signing statement. Which one is it? We did have the Cole Memo with the previous administration - not the same thing and hardly anti. Moreover, the important part is that Trump singled this out. He specifically issued a signing statement specifically addressing medical cannabis. If he were a man of his word, he wouldn’t have issued a statement specific to that provision. Here’s a list of Obama’s signing statements. Maybe I’m missing the anti-cannabis one (admittedly I didn’t read them all).

http://www.coherentbabble.com/listBHOall.htm

Yes, all presidents issue signing statements; Bush had even more than Obama. But Trump has made rather clear with this statement where he really stands.

Cannavore

Veteran
this guy is a contradictory man child that's held both positions on nearly every issue since he began his primary run.

Ready4

Veteran
t

We just waste our time presenting factual statements or any reality to these Trumpettes.
No matter what the news source, even right from the White House site, they will say it is 'fake news" or say "so what, it doesn't mean anything..." or some other vain defense that just does not deal with reality.
If Fox News had it on their site, they would claim the site was "hacked" ....

Fox News can criticize Trump.
The Wall Street Journal can criticize Trump.
Members of the GOP can criticize Trump.

But the left-over current supporters of Trump are incapable of criticizing or holding Trump accountable in any way.
There is zero reason for Trump to go against the will of the citizens of the USA regarding marijuana.
The Donald has certainly puffed much in his day.

were talking about trump no need to bring obama into this. are you saying you agree with him on medical marijuana and on which stance of his for or against. this statement should bother everyone on this site. the fact that you have defended yourself and him on this issue is mind boggling

No one ever said the signing statement was fake, deffinately not me. The article is fake news because it falsely make this signing statement look like a proclimation of war on medical cannabis when it certainly is not.

if its not a proclamation against mmj then what is it?

the statement is indeed news because he is flip flopping on the issue. with his constant flip flopping it is very hard to know where he stands.

topheavy420

I can’t seem to locate Obama’s anti-cannabis (medical, nonetheless) signing statement. Which one is it? We did have the Cole Memo with the previous administration - not the same thing and hardly anti. Moreover, the important part is that Trump singled this out. He specifically issued a signing statement specifically addressing medical cannabis. If he were a man of his word, he wouldn’t have issued a statement specific to that provision. Here’s a list of Obama’s signing statements. Maybe I’m missing the anti-cannabis one (admittedly I didn’t read them all).

http://www.coherentbabble.com/listBHOall.htm

Yes, all presidents issue signing statements; Bush had even more than Obama. But Trump has made rather clear with this statement where he really stands.

The Ogden memo maybe??? I didn't dive so deep to actually reveiw the actual statements/memos. The Obama administration wasn't exactly kind to the mmj folks for quite some time if you remember. They were contradictiary with their statements, actions and raids.

topheavy420

were talking about trump no need to bring obama into this. are you saying you agree with him on medical marijuana and on which stance of his for or against. this statement should bother everyone on this site. the fact that you have defended yourself and him on this issue is mind boggling

if its not a proclamation against mmj then what is it?

the statement is indeed news because he is flip flopping on the issue. with his constant flip flopping it is very hard to know where he stands.

The statements I care about from trump about mj came out of his mouth, not this lawyerly glib. Some of you are hard line anti trump, fine by me. I am not. I still haven't seen a damn thing concerning me about mj law, that's my opinion and I'm entitled to that right? I think this article is bullshit. There's my statement on this subject.

rolandomota

i guess what he means is the feds will still prosecute if any legal med or rec weed business is breaking state laws

Gry

I am reminded of an expression from my youth. "You are being given official notice".

igrowone

Veteran
in an indication of just how far Trump might go, he did just fire Comey
Trump seems capable of just about anything

comey was on to his devious ways with the russians. hes trying to prevent the inevitable from happening and trying to cover his tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts