What's new

Butane honey oil for dummies

U

ureapwhatusow

I assume that if I am going to do this consistently I should have some method to break it down and collect pollen before I extract with butane

I was just gonna put it in my grinder, and work up a tubes worth that way, kinda tedious.

Eli Bloom

eli bloom style budda baby

eli bloom style budda baby

my BHO with vector butane...this is the first time i've tried it :rasta: :rasta:

whipped some up into budder following hashbean420's youtube video. mad props.

on some juliet...

U

ureapwhatusow

I keifed 10 -12 grams of scrap

then used the okeif tube to make some amber

now I just got to finish this keifing and prepping the rest

wishbone420

or he has it on the heat still. hope so anyway. my first couple times i put in a pile to quick. but honey none the less. have fun with it. peace

FarmerGreen

Holy shit! I coolected all my bud crumbs which didnt make it into the pipe over the last year or so, not shitloads but enough to fill a 275ml bottle. I made this bho with it yesterday and had the tiniest taste tester last night, and was high as a kite all night- it was fuckin amazing. I'm never going back to isopropyl. This shits going to last as long as the original weed it came from

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
is it a wise idea to put the tube in the freezer before using it?

And how can i be sure that my butane can will fit in the okief x-tractor?

G

gramsci.antonio said:
is it a wise idea to put the tube in the freezer before using it?

And how can i be sure that my butane can will fit in the okief x-tractor?

most cans come with a universal adaptor ,

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
if you put it in the freezer there is a good chance of h2o contamination through condensation. put it in the oven instead maybe.

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
Hashmasta-Kut said:
if you put it in the freezer there is a good chance of h2o contamination through condensation. put it in the oven instead maybe.

why the oven?

Since the butane is -11.2 °C when touch the weed, and my freezer is 0 °C... maybe some frozen weed could improve the purity of the final product...

One more thing: which strain is best suitable for BHO?

I think we could divide the strains in 2 families:

a) Strains which hold good the taste/smell

b) Strains which produce more BHO...

Well i was thinking for the latter, to a strain resinous... like Kal-X from THSeeds... but then i thought: BHO is about extracting THC and not producing resin.... So maybe i should choose a more potent strain like SSH, rather than a more resinous one?

Or one like Mango Haze (MNS), which is both resinous and with above average potency?

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
The x-1 stopper should fit the standard metal nozzle of most butane cans. I have yet to see it not fit one. I'm pretty sure butane cans have a standard nozzle diameter. If in the rare case it doesn't fit, most good butane comes with adapters as hazy stated.

For the sake of argument, freezing your trim prior to a chemical extraction does nothing except waste time. Butane is butane, it disolves resin on contact regardless if it's frozen or not. I would be more concerned about freezing it might add more moisture which is a good recipe for a blowout

Wanted to run this by you guys maybe im trippin!!!! :bashhead: ALRIGHT when i look at Vector on the web it say cans are 320ml or 10.6 oz....(correct convertion) OK NOW when i look at the King Butane web site it says there can is 300ml or 6 oz. of butane... WHAT THE FOCK AM I MISSING :nono: how the hell is that.. where i am vector sells for 2 bucks more a can but u get almost 50% more per can i guess... someone CHIEF maybe wanna set me straight here plz.