What's new

Kind Led K5 XL1000 Scrog Grow

Dr.Mcree

I have purchased a kind led K5 XL1000 to do a test grow against some MarsHydro pro Epistar 320's that I have going in a 5x10 , with this kind going in a 4x4. I spoke with kind led before making this purchase and was assured that I could return it for a full refund in 90 days if not satisfied, very good selling point to me, and just to be clear , I am affiliated with no one , just a small medical grow that is testing some LEDs for educational purposes.

I also purchased a par meter to test with and have a Sekonic C700 on the way , so I will know spectrums and par without all the hype.

This will be a journal of the grow and results as they happen , thank you for stopping by.

https://youtu.be/oYoQ6tp6_qM

Dr.Mcree

Here is the spectrum reading

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 50

Sforza

Veteran
It looks like outdated technology to me.

Build one of the lights that Realstyles shows you how to build on this thread and run a comparison to the Kind. You will be sending your light back to Kind and using your refund to build two more of Realstyles version.

The Cree CXB3950 COBs from Kingbright are the way to go for sure. Lights using the Cree CXB3590 COPs and Meanwell drivers are not hard to build and when you are done, you have spent your money on quality state of the art equipment, not putting money into Kind's pocket for marketing hype.

BarnaGoat

I'm a new member because I googled this thread searching for info on the kind k5 xl1000. I've seen this reading from a youtuber, but now seeing it again has covered me NOT to buy the K5. Kind has flooded the internet with their propaganda making it almost impossible to find non-biased information (which made me skeptical to research more).

Most importantly, I would like to thank you for posting this invaluable information. You saved me money, grief, and most importably time. I hope others find this post the same as I did.

:thank you:

BG

srich250

It looks like outdated technology to me.

Build one of the lights that Realstyles shows you how to build on this thread and run a comparison to the Kind. You will be sending your light back to Kind and using your refund to build two more of Realstyles version.

The Cree CXB3950 COBs from Kingbright are the way to go for sure. Lights using the Cree CXB3590 COPs and Meanwell drivers are not hard to build and when you are done, you have spent your money on quality state of the art equipment, not putting money into Kind's pocket for marketing hype.

Why do some peeps on here post such negative stuff? If you are upset with marketing and advertising for companies then make sure you never ever buy a car in america or go to a fast food restaurant. Because they have been brain washing you with marketing and hype your whole life!!!!!!!

You two are not fair at all and you ruined a journal that some of us would have liked to learn how it went. How many grows have you two jokesters done with LED lights and how many runs have you done comparing them yourselves so we can learn from your tests as well?

Do you really think you or your friend can build a remote controlled light with a 12 band spectrum and dimmers and timers and keep in under the weight and guarantee it for full refund for 3yrs???? If so, why would your buddy build these for free? Shouldn't he be able to charge and make good money just like other Biz owners?

Please continue with your old thread and keep us updated on this old post. Or do a new one if you are still growing with the kind led's please.

I've ran about 7 different brands of LEDs and all the HPS versions also and they all are excellent as long as you buy the best.

srich250

I sent the ligh tback for a full refund, they don't have the claimed spectrum.

Which light? What happened man? That sucks. Did they not advertise honestly or what ?

I've used about 8 diff brands of LED's if I can help at all I will try and share my
Experiences of it helps
Peace