What's new

MntBudz "Bringing the Mountains Inside"

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Hello fellow IC maggers!

I have confirmed and am in preparation for my first indoor journal on here on the forums. As a few of you know I am an outdoor dominate guerilla grower from the outdoor section, but its time to be bringing things indoors for the winter!

This however is not, my first time growing indoors. I do have a few years under my belt inside but have been shut down for quiet some time now due to personal priorities and security. I don't really have an advanced setup or anything but have found my style very successful thus far.

First lets start with the setup:

I will be running two 4x4x6 tents side by side, on the same lighting schedule, same equipment. Only difference is, one tent will be shining a Ushio 1000w HPS and the other will be glowing with a
600w Hortilux Eye and will be adding some supplemental lighting (not sure what i'm going with yet though, probably t5's).

Tents will include 6 inch ducting, can fan max pro fan with phresh carbon filters, both will have blockbuster hood's (one is third generation) and one is the original style to my understanding. Will be using 3 gallon fabric pots, a mixture of Fox Farms Ocean forest and ProMix BX with added perlite and Advanced Nutrients (will be my first time using AN). I will probably supplement with Great White Shark, molasses, calmag, and have a few others in mind as well. Will be finishing with HCO Gravitation #10 (this is NOT the original gravity product that contains paclo!)

I will be running this grow from seed using the pre-soak method and will be vegging in one gallon containers under flouros for the first week and a half then transplanting to the final 3 gallon fabric containers, switching from flouros to 600w metal halide up until the switch.

Second, the contenders!:

I will start the birth process of germination today after I get some sleep. Am not 100% sure which strains i'm going to go with but do have a large variety to choose from. For sure will be running SSSDH, ECSDH, C99, Kali Mist, Power Plant, Nebula, (someones Jack F8), sugar punch and maybe some Golden Tiger, Malawi or Zamaldelica.

I will admit that I am in a tight spot on deciding what to do and the numbers I will be running.

Here is where I need your help.

I want to keep veg time down as short as possible but want to maximize my yield. I would like to veg for at least 3 weeks and not longer than 3 and a half. So, how many plants would YOU run in these 4x4's in 3 gallon containers with short veg time? I was thinking anywhere from 9 to 12 and at the most 15 or 16? I am pretty experienced with training and pruning in crowded tents, have had to control this before.

I just need as quick of a turnaround as possible and I have my ways of still keeping the canopy as even as possible with a mixed variety of strains, this is not my first rodeo lol. I do really need your help on choosing plant numbers and veg time though.

So lets take our ole worn down guerilla boots off, drop the shovel and backpack for a while, step out of the bush and relax our calloused and sore hands for the year and get this baby started! Yee Haww! :tiphat:

:smoke out:

Last edited:

MountainBudz

Forgot to add:

I will start adding pictures of the equipment, setup and beans that just arrived later today as well. Still waiting on a few things to arrive to finish the complete setup, but nothing i'm needing presently to get started. Were getting this baby on the roll!

In my journal, everything and anything goes (assuming you know the policy, guidelines and rules lol). Anyone is welcome here to discuss whatever is on your mind whether it be questions, criticism, advice (definitely welcome), pussy, politics, outdoors, you name it, its welcome! Come on in and enjoy the mountains inside, where its warm and stinky!

Last edited:

MountainBudz

Sorry guys, didn't get around to pics today. Had a long busy day and a dinner to attend. Will get around to posting some up tomorrow.

Anyone help me out with my question on plant number and veg time please? It would really help to have a little advice, I might have to end up just saying fuck it and take my chances on what I feel will work best, but would like a few suggestions as well.

Maybe by Monday my Jack F8's and sugar punch will arrive in the mail, if not oh well, they can be a day or two late, the rest is still getting germinated tonight, regardless!

MountainBudz

Alright! In the process of germing and taking photos right now (which I will post tonight). However, it looks like i'm not getting any help so i'm assuming either not many experienced people has stopped by here or ya just don't give a shit lol, either way I don't either. I'm beginning to realize that coming to the forums for help is not the best idea anymore.

But anyway, I have decided to go with 12 plants per tent. Thanks anyway for the thought of helping a fellar out, but we ain't got days to decide such a thing. Time to get this show on the road. Will report back soon.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
3- 3.5 veg weeks for a photoperiod is stretching it a little. Using crop/FIM, LST techniques, it's be more adept to have plants grow an additional 2-3 weeks before flipping.

Yeah, you can turn at 3 weeks, but you won't reap much.

MountainBudz

Thanks airbud.

I have used short veg times in the past and so far have never pulled beneath a lb in my 4x4, ever. And as long as I land 15-16 oz's per tent or more i'd be more than happy (with the exception being the 600 watt tent).

I see that I did not add that I don't start counting days of veg until the second leaves form, which you might not have taken into account. To me, seedling stage and vegetation stage are two different things.

I will also be running a larger number of plants and 4x4 is not that big of an area so I don't see the advantage of vegging anything longer than three and a half weeks ( with larger number of plants that is).

I have vegged a larger number of plants before in the past in a small area with 30 days plus veg time and I will have to say it was not worth all the defoliating and crowding issues I had, in the end the yield was about the same as it normally is but the density of the buds were diminished and pretty airy.

MountainBudz

But, I am not exactly sure I completely understood what you are saying exactly.

Ckayill420

I have 9 in a 4x4 quadrant in 5 gallon bags. Next time I will do 9 3 gallon with a 4 week veg as its kinda crowded right now.

MountainBudz

I have 9 in a 4x4 quadrant in 5 gallon bags. Next time I will do 9 3 gallon with a 4 week veg as its kinda crowded right now.

Do you have pics bro? They already in flower now? And how long did you veg them for???

MountainBudz

Sorry for the delay guys, time to put up a few pics. Within the next 2 hours, I will drop the beans I choose into separate little cups of water to begin the germination process.

I decided to wait on the Jack F8's, Sugar Punch and Herijuana. Seems they all wanna start their lives at the same day and time lol.

MountainBudz

As you can see, things in the grow area is still under construction.

I didn't include pics of all of my seeds or all of my equipment, but this whole thing is coming together. I promised pics so I done the best I could today lol.

Still on my order list is a pH pen, another timer, another T5 fixture and some other supplemental lighting, but nothing I can't go ahead and start the grow with.

I will more than likely run 12 plants in 3 gal fabric containers per tent. But still yet, undecided even though I said I had decided lol.

Will update soon!

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Nice looking setup!

I would say veg depends a lot on strain. The herijuana for instance will be slower than the jack f8, so maybe since you are going multiple strains, I would just add the plants to the flower tent as they are ready. Keeping in mind the stretch from each variety.

Looks like it will be a cool grow, best vibes for your grow! I'll pop in and check it out.

:tiphat:

MountainBudz

Nice looking setup!

I would say veg depends a lot on strain. The herijuana for instance will be slower than the jack f8, so maybe since you are going multiple strains, I would just add the plants to the flower tent as they are ready. Keeping in mind the stretch from each variety.

Looks like it will be a cool grow, best vibes for your grow! I'll pop in and check it out.

Hey Lester, thanks for stopping by and for your interest in the grow. What you recommended about veg time is honestly a great idea, good point.

The only problem i'd have is that both tents will be used as flowering tents as well as vegging tents. I only have those two places to house the girls and I really want to start both tents flowering and on the same flip schedule with each other.

However I could veg them all together and just keep the faster growing plants trimmed back and pruned up until the slower ones catch up and they all become even.

I know for a fact that I will be running into issues with height because some of the strains i'm running are quiet stretchy while others are known to be quiet bushy.

The way I plan on handling this is, pruning, topping, using LST and also using objects to place beneath the containers to keep the tops as even as possible. It will be a pain, but i'm willing to sacrifice the headache for a good variety and mixture of strains.

I always like a huge selection compared to one thing lol, also it increases my chances greatly of finding 3 or 4 good mother plants to keep around, hopefully.

Thanks for stopping by and stay tuned brother!

MountainBudz

Germination has began and seeds will be soaking for around 12-15 hours before planting. Will update soon!

Glad to see you're still posting lol. I read your other thread about the chopper...
I'll tag along for this grow. Much less experience, but I am an outdoor guy too and I will grow some this winter inside.

MountainBudz

Hey guys, just thought i'd stop by with a quick update.

I've been very busy working with the holidays coming up and all, have not had a chance to update anything. When work slows down I will definitely put up some new photos and things.

The seeds have been placed in 16 oz solo cups and one has sprouted thus far. Within two days most should be up, im hoping.

The first to sprout was Ace's Golden Tiger!

Will stop back in soon.

MountainBudz

Another little update...

Out of all 24 seeds 1 did not germinate and 3 were pretty much stalled runts. I culled those 3 and replanted 4 more, so we will see what happens with that.

I just made a homemade co2 generator from a 5 gallon bucket, aquarium tubing, aquarium pump and sugar/yeast/water. The thing works like a beast, could tell a huge difference in plants within 8 hours. Not sure of the ppm's its producing but regardless, it works very well.

The only disappointment so far was that one of the stalled seedlings and the one that didn't germ was Jack F8's. So instead of running 3 of those beauties looks like ill be running 2 instead. The other runt was an lsd, replaced it with another lsd and also germed a HSO blue dream.

The Golden Tiger imo is the most vigorous thus far.

Will put up pics tomorrow!

Buddler

Veteran
Golden Tiger one plant alone could fill that tent and then some they stretch and stretch and load with bud and long flower time if it was me I wouldn't mix that grow as gt will try to take over and shade out all others unless you do lots of training maybe the blue dream will compete with her ..B

Latest posts

Latest posts