What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Potent Leaves?

Heusinomics

Lol ^

If u ask old hippies like my folks. Or dj short. They would say yes...
Same w old books like Mel franks talking about smoking males..
It all depends on tolerance!
Give someone who never smokes some least they might get a mild high.
Give the same person high grade- there the ones who wander off for a nap..

If u like dabs say goodby to getting ripped off flowers.. Exc exc..

But we're all working on adding the frost so hopefully soon all our grows will be blasted to the tips!!

Big ups respect and happy growing.

Space Toker

Veteran
HAHAHA
Well in my humble opinion I feel I have smoked some of the best smoke known to man. Of course, later in harder times, I smoked leaves including fan leaves, and it took more but yes I got baked or high or whatever you want to call it. It was harsh, I hacked my lungs out nearly and should have used a water pipe or something rather than a regular steel pipe, but yes I did get high and was not an old hippie. Just a middle-aged wannabe hippie! :D Seriously I wish I experienced Woodstock and all that! Anyway, before I make a fool or more of a fool of myself, I know you can smoke leaves and they worked even if not from today's supposed super potent shit. I cringe and laugh when some say you can't even make water hash or BHO from fan leaves or even "sugar trim", when I got high off of leaves.. mostly fan... I must admit I hadn't smoked in a while at that point but they are not junk or only fit for compost or edibles or juicing... although I should try those last 2. I think stains of the past have something to offer even today and some can still compete. OK got off the soapbox! :D

idiit

Veteran
I smoke fan leaves off new strains without any reviews so I can get an early idea of what kind of high effects they have. I only do this with sativas. I have smoked some fan leaves that gave me a very enjoyable high for a couple of hours; sometimes just one bowl.

ic can be a cruel ( :) ) place but the members haven't trashed me too bad on this practice of mine.

B

biologic

As an organic grower I never flush my plants.

Last edited:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes you can get high from smoking leaves.
It's about your tolerance levels mostly, whether you get a buzz or not.

Young folks have it so good these days. When I think about it, I can't believe the crap we smoked 40 and 50 years ago. Fan leaves, male plants, tar scraped from pipes (resin my ass), the dust we scraped of the album covers and the moldy brick weed. The best weed traveled the greatest distances, so it was moldy. That was actually a sign of good weed, at the time, the moldy smell. Unbelievable now.

St. Phatty

Are there any strains so potent you can get totally baked off just the leaves?

Today's resin-encrusted leaves ... would be so much better than the crap we smoked in high school.

If only we could teleport the kif to our younger selves ...

Space Toker

Veteran
I hope, it would save us all would it not? I hereby propose we should make rootballs psycoactive and then the world is remade and the rest is history! :D

Tangwena

Veteran
I cant believe anybody can get high of of fan leaves, but thats just my experience, I am not bagging anyone who does it. I just ask why?
Tangwena

Space Toker

Veteran
well, read between the lines, and you will figure it out I assure you! ;) If you need to, you can smoke almost anything and fan leaves off of good shit is hardly as bad as you can do, it worked just fine and you youngin's now are too spoiled! :D

idiit

Veteran
I cant believe anybody can get high of of fan leaves, but thats just my experience, I am not bagging anyone who does it. I just ask why?
Tangwena
^ the fan leaves off my two best breeders ( ace Malawi, soa Malawi) do not get me a buzz. zamal fan leaves do not give me a buzz. the fan leaves of Ghana were enjoyable. I actually smoked 2 bowls of Ghana fan leaves a few nights 'cause I liked the high effects; about 1.5 hrs. iirc. the fan leaves off the cape tribulation sativa parent of nanan bouclou had an extraordinary smoke aroma and decent high., good potency

useful for "food for thought" re breeding purposes. is my take

mny ppl are like tangwena. they don't understand why the few of us do. I think it is about love and respect for the plant. I love concentrates because it hurt my soul to throw away clippings that I felt in my heart had merit.

when I was a child I read stories about how hunters in early America killed buffalo for their skins and eventually nearly drove the great herds into extinction. it really did affect me. made me sad.

fur traders were/are notorious for their cruel treatment of the animals they harvest just for their skin. this stuff hurts my soul.

what's the big deal with trying out some fan leaf smoko off a new untested sativa strain.?

B

biologic

I know this question is off-topic but is it true that pollen contains a little bit of THC?

Last edited:

idiit

Veteran
I know this question is off-topic but is it true that pollen contains a little bit of THC?
I don't know. someone here prob. does.

I don't like the taste of most fan leaves. I smoke them in a carbon filtered bong. some fan leaf smoke is really interesting to me on unknown strains and sometimes to select a male.

I do not smoke fan leaves as a regular diet; think of it as exploratory inquiries. I definitely prefer my favorite sativa bud at night. sometimes i'll smoke fan leaves, go gargle ( :) ) after a while and smoke some good bud.

^ it's weird, I know. i'm not the only freeek that has this predilection.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pollen contain THC?

Nah... Think about that inquiry for a moment...

What is pollen?
It is a single cell... It's purpose is singular... DNA transport.
Trichomes are composed of several cells.

A pollen grain does not have the capacity to support Trichomes upon its surface.

Trichomes can be seen with the naked eye... Pollen grains... Not so much.

Hope that answers your question.

Male flowers, however, can & do produce Trichomes. I've observed them on the flower petals & the anthers. Typically in low concentrations.

Latest posts

Latest posts