What's new

Potent Leaves?

Betterhaff

Veteran
You’re close MJPassion. In most angiosperms a pollen grain consists of 2 cells. A vegetative one that produces the pollen tube and a reproductive one that carries the genetic material.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the correction betterhaff.

I should have known that but must not have made the connection in my noggin.

ozza

Veteran
Used to be common place in Ozland when times got dry. I've seen leaf that was potent and pleasant.

SocalNugz

Used to have to hide my plants from my mother and my uncle they would strip leaves an smoke em an get baked. I used to laugh at em till they stripped my nevils haze bare, shit wasnt funny anymore after that.
I still miss that smoke!!!! Like takin a hit of x the body high was so intense then you laughed an laughed an laughed some more.

Space Toker

Veteran
interesting, never smoked a male but heard confilcting reports that they have THC too or don't and not worth anything, would like to get a real answer on that issue for sure. I would imagine they have it too, but in any quantity to be important I do not know, but I would like to think they have some effect so you can judge which to keep for breeding projects and base that more on just good looks. ;)

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I do the same as Iidit. On new untested strains or for male selection I sample a leaf or male flower. Some get me high as hell and some don't do much at all. But like iidit said, I love this plant and my quest to understand it is furthered by sampling at all stages. If that makes me strange then so be it lol.

Romulan leaves always worked about as well as most folks pot. ECSD leaves tasted pretty good but no high to speak of. Very strange how it all works.

CoCoSativas

Lol ^

If u ask old hippies like my folks. Or dj short. They would say yes...
Same w old books like Mel franks talking about smoking males..
It all depends on tolerance!
Give someone who never smokes some least they might get a mild high.
Give the same person high grade- there the ones who wander off for a nap..

If u like dabs say goodby to getting ripped off flowers.. Exc exc..

But we're all working on adding the frost so hopefully soon all our grows will be blasted to the tips!!

Big ups respect and happy growing.

Actually if you dry growing tips of potent plants you get a little high, and I have a huge tollerance. If a males tips get me high that helps me determine its probably a good breeder. I learend about this from the old timers books, and I find the information helpful. Its really all about how strong your shit is....