What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

ankhori

After dry with papel towel I revaccum in bag, I will let it 7 days to ferment. My router is not hot, also I dont have TV. Will work ferment in closet or need more hot?

Again, the smell is wonderful, even better when it was growed. I think i put more leafs than the ideal, next time I will quit more leafs

ankhori

also i dont ferment the canary bud, just drying, I want try what happend if there is no fermentation process, just sweat & cure, will tell you what happends

See you all!!

Tangwena

Veteran
After dry with papel towel I revaccum in bag, I will let it 7 days to ferment. My router is not hot, also I dont have TV. Will work ferment in closet or need more hot?

Again, the smell is wonderful, even better when it was growed. I think i put more leafs than the ideal, next time I will quit more leafs
If you have a car in the sun put the cobs under the car seat the hot car will ferment nicely but check it every day it will change very quickly.

ankhori

Sadly I dont have a car,

Wow Tangwena, the COB sweat 24h are out of this world, has more spicy smell and chocolate hachis and some kind of sweet smell, is amazing,

Thanks for your time to help people getting better high from loved grows.

ankhori

I will put on top of the router, hope is enought heat to help spread the yeast, will come back to share the result,

Thanks again tangwena, you are the man every young boy need to learn the best of the best for the best high

ankhori

After the first cob, I decided to use nearby all my buds to cob. The smell is spicy, I think i will let 24h of sweat insted of 12h.

The canary bud is drying and have more hachis chocolate smell, but the fermenting 12h sweat now smell more spicy, but less than the 24h smell (and now fermenting).

Next days will open de vac and smell it, will share the results,

Tangwena

Veteran
After the first cob, I decided to use nearby all my buds to cob. The smell is spicy, I think i will let 24h of sweat insted of 12h.

The canary bud is drying and have more hachis chocolate smell, but the fermenting 12h sweat now smell more spicy, but less than the 24h smell (and now fermenting).

Next days will open de vac and smell it, will share the results,
Well done my friend you are hooked now that sweet smell is addictive.
Keep experimenting you will find gold my friend.

S

Sertaiz

the smells are crazy even after just a bit, I still have to try chewing a gob of cob, i tried a little but never enough. edibles are usually my favorite though so ill have to try.

Tangwena

Veteran
the smells are crazy even after just a bit, I still have to try chewing a gob of cob, i tried a little but never enough. edibles are usually my favorite though so ill have to try.
Hi brother if you smoke daily you will probably need a fair sized piece to start at 0.75 or 0.5g and work up or down from there.
Because I haven't smoked pot for about 10 years now I dont need much 0.1 to 0.25g is more than enough but heavy smoking friends all need around 0.75g and wait it will probably take an hour to start. Peaking at the 3 to 4 hr mark.
Its a very different high to smoking but can get overwhelming very quickly so dont drive even if you think you can haha.
Tripping on THC is where its at brother I could never get this high when I smoked. I was always looking for something stronger or better.
Now I dont bother I can leave this reality any time I want with the strains I already have just on dosage alone, its amazing but when you throw in the different effects from different highs well enough said.
As a respected fellow cobber said chewing aged cob you get full coverage highs ha ha.
But beware going on my own experience it gets very addictive and as the highs can last up to 10 hrs its not something you can come down from in an emergency so time and place ha ha.

Trouble is I'm so hooked its anytime any place all the time what can I say I love being high all day from one chew in the morning.

Hi [FONT=&quot]Tangwena, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]longtime fan,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I followed your foot steps but I think i made it wrong :)
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1- [/FONT]1- Dried 24 hrs (room humidity was extremely low) Trimmed all
[FONT=&quot]2- 2- [/FONT]Used plastic medicine tube (put baking sheet inside), filled and pressed with wood, 60gr each

[FONT=&quot]3 [/FONT]- Sealed them in vacuum bag and left them inside incubator with 40 °C (104 [FONT=&quot]?[/FONT]) 24 hrs.

[FONT=&quot]4- - [/FONT]No visible sweat, unsealed and wipe inside bag with paper towel.
[FONT=&quot]5- [/FONT]Re-vac and Left them in incubator 30 °C (86 [FONT=&quot]?[/FONT]) 10 days.

[FONT=&quot]6- - [/FONT]Unsealed 1 cob to check inside, it was smell spicy, still dark green and feel wet.

[FONT=&quot]7- [/FONT]Unsealed 1 pack full from cobs, other pack left with cob and let it dry 24 hrs
[FONT=&quot]8- - [/FONT]Felt like fermentation didn’t work and after 24 hrs dry, I vacuumed all in bag and left them in cool dark place.

I dried vacuum fermentation 10 yrs ago (without any knowledge about Malawi Cob style). No sweet smell like i remember.

Thank you for all knowledge you shared with us.
Appreciate if you can help.
(Apology for my primitive English)

Peace from Overseas!

Attachments

• Tube.jpg
    Tube.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 54
  • drying.jpg
    drying.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 57
  • inside.jpg
    inside.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 60

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi [FONT=&quot]Tangwena, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]longtime fan,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I followed your foot steps but I think i made it wrong :)
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1- [/FONT]1- Dried 24 hrs (room humidity was extremely low) Trimmed all
[FONT=&quot]2- 2- [/FONT]Used plastic medicine tube (put baking sheet inside), filled and pressed with wood, 60gr each

https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=551025View Image

[FONT=&quot]3 [/FONT]- Sealed them in vacuum bag and left them inside incubator with 40 °C (104 [FONT=&quot]?[/FONT]) 24 hrs.

[FONT=&quot]4- - [/FONT]No visible sweat, unsealed and wipe inside bag with paper towel.
[FONT=&quot]5- [/FONT]Re-vac and Left them in incubator 30 °C (86 [FONT=&quot]?[/FONT]) 10 days.

[FONT=&quot]6- - [/FONT]Unsealed 1 cob to check inside, it was smell spicy, still dark green and feel wet.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=551027View Image

[FONT=&quot]7- [/FONT]Unsealed 1 pack full from cobs, other pack left with cob and let it dry 24 hrs
[FONT=&quot]8- - [/FONT]Felt like fermentation didn’t work and after 24 hrs dry, I vacuumed all in bag and left them in cool dark place.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=551026View Image

I dried vacuum fermentation 10 yrs ago (without any knowledge about Malawi Cob style). No sweet smell like i remember.

Thank you for all knowledge you shared with us.
Appreciate if you can help.
(Apology for my primitive English)

Peace from Overseas!
Hi my friend please do not apologize your English is fine I wish I could speak another language but I am not clever enough to learn any other so you are better than me ha ha.
You seem to be doing everything right but if you are not getting any sweet fermented smell one of two things maybe both could be the problem.
The two things that stop the sweet fermented smells are low temperatures and being too dry.
I think temperatures are more the problem in this case 40c is the best temp for fermentation to happen.
Are you sure you had 40c? I cant think its too dry after only 24hrs from the plant but it could be that also.
You will not have spoilt the cannabis so dont throw it away it may look unusual but it will still get you high.
Vacuum seal it and keep it at 30c or more for a month it should cure nicely.
Sometimes when the buds are too dry the cure is a lot slower I think this may be your problem. The buds may have been light airy sativa type buds that dry very fast,
Have you got any pictures of the buds on the plant?

funkyhorse

Hi there
I hope you dont mind, I had same problems as HasHHassin and I think I know what the problem is
I think that he is using a vacuum bag for clothes and not food. Those bags dont make tight vacuum, they leak big time
I have a problem because this is the only kind of vacuum bag available in my area and it sucks, it doesnt make real vacuum. I tried same like him with these bags and it does not work, there is no vacuum and cob come out of the yoghurt maker too dry

Try another method for vacuum. I tried wrapping it very tightly with nylons and cord and it was better, it was the method shared by Carraxe and results were very similar to paraguayan brick
I hope it helps and have a nice weekend

Pd: if anyone is trying space coffee and have taste problems, please cook it with turkish coffee with cardamom, this is the best for masking taste and making it smoother to your palate. I personally never cared for taste when I have such coffee

Latest posts

Latest posts