What's new

white flies.. help please..

hey guys went to check on the ladies and had a white fly problem with eggs on the bottom of the leaves.. im sure some of you have felt this dissapointment.. they dont look to bad as of yet.. but of course are never good...

ok so i have a 2.4 x 1.2 x 2 m tent with a inlet fan and a outlet fan. i have a clip fan on each corner aswell so 4. im using a 1000w hps and am about 4-5 weeks into flowering..

i have on hand "eco-neem" and "eco-oil" both say there for white flies.. which one shall i use?

and when spraying down shall i turn off all fans? no fans? some fans? should i remove them from the tent? for how long?

one drama i have is.. i would leave everything as is and spray them just as the lights going off. but it goes off at 6am.. i tend to stay up late but not that late. so if need be i could stay up or wake up at 6 am and spray them as the lights going off?

thanks for your help guys..

Speed of green

yeah, you are going to have to set an alarm or something, don't spray those with the 1000w on or you will fry them. Or get a green light and do it during the dark cycle.

As for your product i have no idea, i would look at the ingredients in each of them and do a little research.

Some insect problems can be a real pain, plan on doing multiple treatments to eradicate them completely.

Good luck!

yeah, you are going to have to set an alarm or something, don't spray those with the 1000w on or you will fry them. Or get a green light and do it during the dark cycle.

As for your product i have no idea, i would look at the ingredients in each of them and do a little research.

Some insect problems can be a real pain, plan on doing multiple treatments to eradicate them completely.

Good luck!

awesome thanks heaps mate.. luckily i got a green globe so ill be doing that option.. thanks buddy

waveguide

Veteran
had a 400, never a 1k. don't know anything about burning plants by misting them, and think it's a grower myth.. people say "the drops turn into tiny magnifying glasses and fry the leaf.." who have never been outside. it rains outside and the sun is a whole lot bigger than 1k. i'd have to see it to believe it, and i haven't seen it.

anyway - neem, i'm okay with dropping it 2 weeks before cut, i never detect any residue that long, ymmv.

you want cold pressed neem, heat extraction (iirc green light uses heat ext.) works against the azadirawhatever. i don't know those brands.

posting bcs i find white fly takes time and diligence to eradicate, but misting strongly impacts their #s, so even if you can't knock em out you can get through the grow with some modest attention.

i wouldn't be so cautious, just go and start spraying all over, except try not to accumulate too much on leccy. fans on, mist goes all over. so what if you do burn your leaves, you gonna frame them?

catalyte

Veteran
it is most definitely NOT a grower's myth that Foliar Spraying plants when the lights are on will burn the plants!

psyphish

Veteran
it is most definitely NOT a grower's myth that Foliar Spraying plants when the lights are on will burn the plants!

I sprayed neem while the lights were on, next day the plants were burnt to crisp, haven't had that problem with any other types of foliar sprays, just neem.

vostok

Veteran
Late: Neem Oil is your friend, tho not so close to harvest as it can be an acquired taste, others use the heavy commercial version called Azamaz.

Neem oil is also systemic, means that the plant can drink it up, once added to the water, which offers great protection for bugs and mold...good for pubic lice to ...as I have recently found out

vostok

Veteran
I sprayed neem while the lights were on, next day the plants were burnt to crisp, haven't had that problem with any other types of foliar sprays, just neem.

...please explain?

before you do, please search the thousands of post on neem oil, here at ICMAG, all with variable even successful outcomes

you obviously did something very wrong,

post pics be the man?

had a 400, never a 1k. don't know anything about burning plants by misting them, and think it's a grower myth.. people say "the drops turn into tiny magnifying glasses and fry the leaf.." who have never been outside. it rains outside and the sun is a whole lot bigger than 1k. i'd have to see it to believe it, and i haven't seen it.

anyway - neem, i'm okay with dropping it 2 weeks before cut, i never detect any residue that long, ymmv.

you want cold pressed neem, heat extraction (iirc green light uses heat ext.) works against the azadirawhatever. i don't know those brands.

posting bcs i find white fly takes time and diligence to eradicate, but misting strongly impacts their #s, so even if you can't knock em out you can get through the grow with some modest attention.

i wouldn't be so cautious, just go and start spraying all over, except try not to accumulate too much on leccy. fans on, mist goes all over. so what if you do burn your leaves, you gonna frame them?

ha ha yeah true im not framing them or anything.. just a mate of mine has 2x 600 w HPS in the same tent and gave his foliar and burnt the shit out of them and made it look rather nasty so if worst comes to worst and i loose some leaves so be it. just love to try keep them looking as nice as possible

and i havent heard of this cold pressed neem and heat extraction ill have a look into that one and do some research..

thanks heaps for the info there mate muchly appreciatted..

so far i used a green light and smashed them over with the neem yesterday and today went back in and gave them a plain water spray and there was a bit of mixed neem still in it.. so was thinking i'll spray them down with water for the next few days. then 3-4 days spray them with neem again then spray them down with plain water for a few days and then have to leave them.. i hand water mine which are in 25 litre pots its a mix of coco perlite and a little vermiculite so ill add some neem to my water prior to watering them aswell.

N

noyd666

picture.php
have used pyrethrum during veg, got rid of most , persistant li
picture.php
l fukers, use a few bug lights with sticky card inside, if you use them in flower must be on timer. couple of nice maggot bags in light.
picture.php

have used pyrethrum during veg, got rid of most , persistant lil fukers, use a few bug lights with sticky card inside, if you use them in flower must be on timer.[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=55990&pictureid=1314132&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

ahh a bug light.. nice thinking.. like those purple zap ones? and yeah thanks for the tip on the timer. ha ha trust me i need it.. would of made a rookie mistake there.. ill go see if bunnings has a bug light..:smoke out:

vostok

Veteran
Both Neem and Pyrethrin need applying daily, as they soon break down under UV, both are organic, but the commercial crap used to carry the organic to the plant is often not,

Pyrethrin, a favorite in house hold fly spray ..comes for the Geranium plant, but then the dicks use hydrocarbons, to carry it to the fly... thats petroleum distillate to you chem majors ...lol
besides ...often their is a hidden element, bugs is only 50% of the equation here ...look hard for the other 50% ...like having a window,open? ...poor soils, cat sleeping in corner, or even you walking in from work...?

psyphish

Veteran
...please explain?

before you do, please search the thousands of post on neem oil, here at ICMAG, all with variable even successful outcomes

you obviously did something very wrong,

post pics be the man?

I explained it right there, LIGHTS ON + NEEM = BURN

Neem is basically cooking oil if used under intense light.

Both Neem and Pyrethrin need applying daily, as they soon break down under UV, both are organic, but the commercial crap used to carry the organic to the plant is often not,

Pyrethrin, a favorite in house hold fly spray ..comes for the Geranium plant, but then the dicks use hydrocarbons, to carry it to the fly... thats petroleum distillate to you chem majors ...lol
besides ...often their is a hidden element, bugs is only 50% of the equation here ...look hard for the other 50% ...like having a window,open? ...poor soils, cat sleeping in corner, or even you walking in from work...?

i do try to make sure im clean before going in there but sometimes have the dogs barge in after me. i dont let them to close but the are still in the room. and try my hardest to make sure my soil is ok..

thanks for the info here again mate

Latest posts

Latest posts