What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

15 tons of marijuana seized at Calif. border

vostok

Veteran
otay-mesa-marijuana-bust-599x337.jpg

A near-record load of marijuana -- more than 15 tons -- was seized this week at the Otay Mesa border

crossing in California from a truck carrying a shipment of mattresses and cushions, according to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

Agents found 1,296 packages of marijuana inside the truck's trailer. The 31,598 pounds of pot had an estimated street value of $18.96 million, officials said.

The truck driver, a 46-year-old Mexican national, was arrested and the truck-and-trailer and its contents seized.

The seizure was made Thursday night when the truck was directed for an X-ray exam and agents noticed "an anomaly."

"I am extremely proud of the work my officers do," said Otay Mesa Cargo Port Director Rosa Hernandez.

The seizure is the second-largest ever in a single incident at a U.S. border crossing.

The record remains the 35,265 pounds seized one day in 2013 at the Calexico East border crossing.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-82944731/

ps we at ICMAG still ain't doing enough for our local market ...lol

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
"I am extremely proud of the work my officers do," said Otay Mesa Cargo Port Director Rosa Hernandez.

The other 8 shipments got through though ...

Guyute54

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Exactly they got the one loaded with weed but the others that where just behind loaded with heroin, coke, and Meth made it through just fine.

And who the fuck is still buying brick weed?

sdd420

Veteran
Exactly they got the one loaded with weed but the others that where just behind loaded with heroin, coke, and Meth made it through just fine.

And who the fuck is still buying brick weed?

We have a lot of Hispanics here both legally and illegally too. They smoke a lot of that shit

X

xavier7995

We have a lot of Hispanics here both legally and illegally too. They smoke a lot of that shit

My neighbors, who don't speak english but their kids do, were out smoking on their back porch. It smelled like crap, so i popped over our dividing wall and handed them a joint of some crappy preroll. A bit of confusion ensued, but their kid straightened it out, and the folks wound up very high and happy. The mota was enjoyed....now only if i could get some homemade tortillas back.The language barrier kind of sucks, seem like nice people and would like to hang out.

The mexican families on both sides of me sell drugs, they have such wierd freaking markets that i just do not understand. Chatted with the kids that are like 15-35 in age range and they are completely on the up and up. They equate the family drug biz to the unlicensed taco places.

edit: I do adore brickweed and try to make sure and plant seeds from anything that is good. Wish they hadn't been tainted with modern hybrids, but gold can be found if growing out enough bagseed.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm ROTFLMMFAO!!!

I haven't seen schwag weed in a few years now. Some of my homies are in the cartel fams n they can't stand the brick weed. They let it go right passed then come over n blaze. HahahaHahahaHahaha

Although, the comment about the other trucks going through the checkpoint prob aren't far off from fact. The guys driving those trucks are probably just detained long enough to get a free ride deep into their home territory so the process can be repeated over n over n over.....

idiit

Veteran

certain drug cartels are in league with high ups in the usa system; sinola drug cartel re eric holder's 'fast and furious'. eric was us attorney general until he very recently had to step down due to imminent felony charges.

it's a wired game. you do biz with the right cartel and the border patrol lets your stuff thru. you don't and your shit gets seized and the cops get a great photo op.

morningdewd

very possible a decoy ..in the 70s/80s the thai smugglers regularly used two ships one loaded to the gills with shit stems moldy funk ,the second loaded with the kind usually unloaded on the west coast of cali or Oregon while the CoastGuard/CIA/NAVY diverted all its resources to the decoy.old trick......oh yeah at that time the thai stick trade was conducted by the Thai government/Army,so you can believe they alerted the US when they had "information" on a ship.

Last edited:

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
A near-record load of marijuana -- more than 15 tons -- was seized this week at the Otay Mesa border

crossing in California from a truck carrying a shipment of mattresses and cushions, according to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

Agents found 1,296 packages of marijuana inside the truck's trailer. The 31,598 pounds of pot had an estimated street value of $18.96 million, officials said.

FINALLY!!
this is the very first time I've ever seen the feds or any other law enforcement agency give a somewhat reasonably accurate estimate of the value of the pot they confiscated!
For you math-challenged, it works out to $600/lb.
I'm really surprised they didn't say it was worth $8500 per pound....

Last edited:

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
certain drug cartels are in league with high ups in the usa system; sinola drug cartel re eric holder's 'fast and furious'. eric was us attorney general until he very recently had to step down due to imminent felony charges.

it's a wired game. you do biz with the right cartel and the border patrol lets your stuff thru. you don't and your shit gets seized and the cops get a great photo op.

Could be who knows US government has been in involved in the dope game since at least Vietnam contra Cia crack involvement that we know of ... anyways put yourself in one of the cartel's shoes though you know off top a certain % just isn't going to make it that's considered the cost of doing business, Flip side is those others will make it through ....So just grow more the driver is expendable so is that truck I wouldn't be surprised if they tip Customs on certain loads. Anybody remember that HUGE black shade cloth grow in the desert they had going that stretched for 300 acres (some cool pics check out the toilets) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tion-hidden-black-netting-Mexican-desert.html

you guys act like this is some thing new...

and by the way for those that are ignorant, this stuffs final destination is probably not Cali, it was most likely planned to head East like most brick weed is...

Latest posts

Latest posts