What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

where to get good recreational in denver?

Hey guys read through this thread to see where some potential good spots were. Some of the posts were older so I was hoping to check with some people in the know and that live there if any of these are still good or if I should avoid

Current list - Green Man Cannabis, 14'ers, The Farm, Kind Love, Den Rec, Maggie's Farm. May have been a couple more but wondering if these are still decent spots?

Green Man is good, so is Kind Love. You'll get better prices at Green Man though.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I don't know if I should trust a recommendation from a lightweight :), but thanks! I'll check out Green Man and Kind Love!

X

xavier7995

Kind love is pretty good, I have bought clones from them and took a look at some weed and it looked decent.

You could hit up rare dankness or 14er over in boulder. I am fond of sacred seed, but not many seem to like them so ymmv.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
With 4/20 coming up, it would be great to hear some more recommendations for finding recreational flowers AND concentrates, etc. in Denver?
ALSO, I know of at least one social CLUB in Denver where you are allowed to partake, are there any others?

ALSO, I know they have the buses, or "mobile lounges" such as loopr. Are there other mobile lounges people have experienced in Denver that could offer feedback?

Mr.Miner

I loved L'eagle. Not cheap but I thought it was exceptional. I was visiting CO. from a prohibition state and didn't know anyone out there.

X

xavier7995

I think many of the recommendations still stand. Mostly just avoid chains and anywhere that advertises.

I do like how polished some of the chains are, fancy weed buying and such...the setting, not the weed

green404

I loved L'eagle. Not cheap but I thought it was exceptional. I was visiting CO. from a prohibition state and didn't know anyone out there.

L'eagle is good for organic, they grow in organic soil and cure for 90 days. On Fridays they have "Buy any five 1/16s for $83 +ta" you can sample most of the stuff they have on the shelf for around $100. They do take pride in their product and are a good dispensary.

We have had lots of "fly by night" outfits that had low grade stuff and gouge prices for the tourists (tourists will buy anything).

Stay away from places like Medicine Man. Heavy advertisers trying to rake in as much as they can before they play it out. Low grade stuff, high prices, they will even make you pay $2. for the paper bag you leave with.

I do not go to places that serve out prepackaged stuff. They are usually always low grade with the highest prices.

I like to have the bud tender pick out nice flowers in front of me, it is part of the experience for me. I love to look at all the jars, have them open it, smell it, look at the crystals, then have them weigh out and nice pile of perfectly manicured flowers. Legal weed is awesome..

I also like to go to places that sell by the gram so I can sample stuff without buying an 1/8.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
That WAS helpful, thanks green404! That 'buy five 1/8th's for $83+tax' deal sounds right up my alley too!
Does Boulder offer better quality or selection? Is it worth it to Uber up there?

green404

Does Boulder offer better quality or selection? Is it worth it to Uber up there?

I haven't been to the dispensaries in Boulder for a while. In general stuff in Boulder is more expensive because the cost of rent is high.

Boulder is a nice place to check out for a day. You can get an RTD day pass for about $10. the bus from union station will take about 30-40min and drop you off a couple of blocks from Pearl st and the creek path.

If you get up in the surrounding foot hills there is some great smoking places.

M

meowmeowmeow

Boulder you will pay more strictly based on taxes.
14'er imo is the best in Boulder.
If you're looking for cheap shitty weed a few places have been mentioned.
L'eagle selection was weak as fuck. Hype.
If you can find a place that wholesales flower and/or products from reputable breeders go there.
I just served 15 months in commercial MJ so I know what they spray. This is something people give 2 fucks about, but I do.
1 of the reasons I grow my own and hardly ever consume most products in dispensaries.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I have to agree with meowX3. The weed I smoked in Denver ALL had a chemical taste. All of it came with a list of additional ingredients- mainly pesticides.
Hey, I'm used to smoking GOOD PURE weed. The weed I smoked in the Big D was not that good AND was covered in pesticides. Fuck that shit!

LubdaNugs

Veteran
I have to agree with meowX3. The weed I smoked in Denver ALL had a chemical taste. All of it came with a list of additional ingredients- mainly pesticides.
Hey, I'm used to smoking GOOD PURE weed. The weed I smoked in the Big D was not that good AND was covered in pesticides. Fuck that shit!

I trade with a guy at work once in a while and this is my experience to a T. No matter how good it looks and how good he says it is, it’s all crap. I’ll stick with my homegrown.