What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

where to get good recreational in denver?

I just thought a plant was anything with roots, with it being define as 10 inch, that gives me much more flexibility. I'll have too look that up.

Gizmo

thank you mule420 for the information so a single person is able to have 3 plants in flower and 3 in veg, to me its not enough, nobody should be able to forbid any plants, i always grow 50 seeds minimum when i grow a strain, to me 3 plants is a pitty but i understand that some people are happy with 3 and more relaxed toward the law. i prefer the spanish model even if its not clear enough in the law or not clear at all.

if i want to grow coca plants i should be free to do so and i grew coca plants in the past, and if i want to grow opium poppy i should be able too. the criminals are those who put the people like me/us in jail. i dont see how we could make compromise with governments which ones in the end can fuck you and break your life without any moral. i used to be pro legalization and pro gov taxation, now i just say no, fuck off, give me whats should be mine : true freedom. i dont rob anybody, i dont hurt anybody i dont kill anybody so let me free. american cannabis legalization is not a step where you will be able to grow more for yourself imho because gov and corporations will always want to make money, you just have to look what is happening, and the prices in cannabis shop ? 400$ an ounce ? what a joke, but again if people are happy with 3 flower plants and you do like to grow trees in USA lol, i understand.

Yea gizmo it's low, but most residents can qualify for a medical card and receive an extended plant count . Still not ideal, but another world compared to extreme prohibition.

There is decent quality cannabis available through some shops.. sometimes..if you look around...and get there early.

I go to Maggies Farm in Manitou Springs, and the Lazy Lion here in CO Springs. They both sometimes have actual cannabis that isn't dried out and has that loud smell and taste(terpenes), atleast partially in most cases, but a few have been quite good. The cost however is high and very much still prohibition based, due CO Springs not allowing recreational stores. Denver is much cheaper but the quality isnt worth driving up for a shot in the dark on quality.

Dblbogey

Thanks all for the skinny on Colorado retail. I hope they all go the way of the other retailers that tried to get the most money for lousy products but this proves that only a tiny fraction will ever learn that it's the other way around if you wish to prosper and not just simply cash in quick and get out.

There's probably some fear that the window will close one day soon and they better make whatever they can selling as fast as they can to buyers who want to buy any weed at all.

I'm not going that route so y'all just saved me the money, the time and the worry of shipping or carting back a couple thousand dollars worth of crap.

Thx

SRFL

Hi everyone, i am a cancer patient stage IV (chemo resistant cancer) from Florida. We have medical cannabis oil but need to wait 90 days to get approved for that. I applied for mmj card but not sure i will make it through 90 days wait time.
So, i am looking to go to Colorado to get recreational cannabis oil ( wish i could get medical Rick Simpson oil but I don't think it is possible with me being out of state) to help with pains and sleep.
Any advice on a good quality recreational cannabis in Colorado?
Or maybe someone has any other advice for me. Growing my own is illegal here and not sure i have enough time for that, although i am looking at that option as well.
I am ready to make my own oil, but no access to the whole plant here.
Thank you.

SRFL

Recreational cannabis

Recreational cannabis

Hi everyone, i am a cancer patient from Florida, looking to visit Colorado to get recreational cannabis oil. Any advice on a good quality oil?

I would be happy to get Rick Simpson oil but don't think it is possible without Colorado id. By Florida law i have to wait 90 days before i can get mmj card, i applied but not sure i will make it till those 90 days are up (stage 4, after a year of conventional treatments).
If anyone has any other options for me, please share. I am desperate...

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi everyone, i am a cancer patient from Florida, looking to visit Colorado to get recreational cannabis oil. Any advice on a good quality oil?

I would be happy to get Rick Simpson oil but don't think it is possible without Colorado id. By Florida law i have to wait 90 days before i can get mmj card, i applied but not sure i will make it till those 90 days are up (stage 4, after a year of conventional treatments).
If anyone has any other options for me, please share. I am desperate...

rec edibles are capped at 100mg
possession limits at 800mg of edibles iirc recent new regs

link with a "caregiver" or someone private who deals with these things; or source high quality plant matter and make the oil yourself (it's pretty easy, can be done in a kitchen with all food grade stuff).
the rec regulations have really wrecked a person in need from out of state
i'd suggest trying to see a cannabis doc while in colorado and applying for your "red card" (they are purple now), even with your out of state you have a good chance of being approved. bring medical history paperwork for co mmj doc.
this will give you access to colorado's state licensed medical shops, some of which carry products like what you are looking for.
either way, imo sourcing plant matter and making it yourself is a good option for reducing costs and ensuring quality
best of luck

SRFL

rec edibles are capped at 100mg
possession limits at 800mg of edibles iirc recent new regs

link with a "caregiver" or someone private who deals with these things; or source high quality plant matter and make the oil yourself (it's pretty easy, can be done in a kitchen with all food grade stuff).
the rec regulations have really wrecked a person in need from out of state
i'd suggest trying to see a cannabis doc while in colorado and applying for your "red card" (they are purple now), even with your out of state you have a good chance of being approved. bring medical history paperwork for co mmj doc.
this will give you access to colorado's state licensed medical shops, some of which carry products like what you are looking for.
either way, imo sourcing plant matter and making it yourself is a good option for reducing costs and ensuring quality
best of luck

Thank you for the info. I am checking different options and looking into making my own. Need to find the quality plants. New to all this.

M

meowmeowmeow

SRFL pick up a Magical Butter machine .follow instructions ... good luck... dude's from New Port Richey...buy locally at head shop or garden shop not on web.

I recently moved from FL to CO after 35 yrs.
Max 1 ounce purchase per day either in state or out of state REC here in Colorado.
Seek out ACDC or Cannatonic strains if in Denver area .... high CBD.
I picked up some ACDC flower to make tincture yesterday with a 7:1 CBD:THC ratio for my dog.

Leafly and Weedmaps help too.

Some of my top dispensaries The Clinic, RiverRock, Kind Love, 14'er Boulder and my local Light Shade & The Green Solution are full of cool people too.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Drive out to Boulder to Green Dream rec disp. They currently have Chemmy Jones(which fits your exact discription) from In the Flow Co.. In the Flow, to me, has proven themselves to be the best recreational producers in the state that I have found. They were also available through Oasis in Denver, and Emerald farms in Manitou Springs. Actual loud, terpene rich, potent buds.

A caveat though, if any bud stays at a dispensary for more then a week or two it completely dies due to the fact that most do not care to handle and store buds with any care. The low humidity and high altitude suck the terps and moisture out quick. Boveda Humidipaks(available at head shops and grow stores) will save your bud after you purchase it. I can not fathom why most stores do not use them as they are extremely cheap and last over a month.

There are great growers here in Colorado but people can't seem to get storage. My theory is due to growing up here, most don't know that bud isn't supposed to turn to dust with light handling?

Chem cultivars seem to due the best in this climate, from my experience. Top Dawg Seeds genetics appear to be the best consistantly through out the i25 corridor. Stardawg, Tres Star, and Guava hold their terps even when super dry. These strains have the spicy hashy taste and full strong effects. Rare dankness is a close second, however I don't seem to enjoy most of their cultivars that are crossed with Rare Dankness#1, their Rugburn OG is nice tho.

Last edited:
By far the best flowers don't make it into the stores.

Try River Rock north for tasty and potent flowers with good bag appeal

Edit:

It's my opinion that the best rec flowers consistently are at River Rock North. Which is my answer to the OP and anyone else who's curious. I have not sampled all the Rec weed outlets in CO, lol, I try to sample zero of them! Most stuff I've seen I wouldn't want to smoke.

I know a bunch of talented growers, but by far the vast majority of growers kinda suck here. It isn't their fault. They are learning... Some of them not as much as others. Everybody and their brother grows pot in Colorado. Tons of growers with a grow under their belt and a High Times education.

Last edited:
Skyhighwormguy that may be true but if you lack connections it's impossible to come by.

I have met a few growers who say the same thing and their bud is the same quality as most dispensaries.

Wrong growers.

Your right, I'm just saying it is 100% impossible to find really really good rec flowers in Colorado. The best flowers are grown on small scale indoors and don't make it to dispensaries for Rec, or medical. The good weed is not at the stores.

River Rock north has pretty darn good flowers from the samples I've seen over years.

A solid idea is to go to many dispenseries until you find some stuff that looks like what you want. Make it a hunt! And look in westword magazine for coupons. Good luck to all in their search!

Where ever I go I bring my own, from my small Colorado home grow. ;)

guest of late

man im clipping coupons left and right. the price of quality bud is outragouse. i was flipping through a westword from about two years ago. half the shops either went outta buisness or got bought out.

M

meowmeowmeow

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65816&pictureid=1564934&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69655&pictureid=1658404&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
A solid idea is to go to many dispenseries until you find some stuff that looks like what you want. Make it a hunt! And look in westword magazine for coupons. Good luck to all in their search!

Spot on with that statement.
I've been making my rounds to as many as I can keep up with.

The Healing House had the best selection of non vapor locked bud this past week that I saw & the budtender knew his shit which can be rare (Edit Name of dispensary was wrong).

Honestly.....I picked up one of the $30 shake packs from Terrapin a few weeks ago and the HA OG I had did me right.

<---------- This guy can't wait to get his grow going again. The only way I know what goes in it. :biggrin:

Last edited:

mtntrogger

Veteran
I know this post is kind of old , but.... I had to post about an experience I had yesterday. I drove through Boulder on my way to Estes park for a show at the Stanley hotel. I only had a bit of smoke from my local shop with me and knew I would need more. I read several reviews on line, stupidly not here, a place called" fresh baked" kept coming up. Wow...It sucked ! The bud tender looked pretty sketchy, and starts out by saying " we don't have much flower" , every time I check shops out on the front range this is always the story ! The buds they did have looked OK,. But had that old, moldy like hay smell that most crappy dispo weed has. So I bought a gram of rosin , which I have made and didn't look like this stuff. The rosin is way more the consistency of poorly made shatter, it needs to be frozen to even handle at all, super stringy. Such a bummer! Really just hoping for some nice smoke. Can't believe how though it can be to find quality. Heading to denver for the next couple of days before we head back up to the mountains...If anyone has a good suggestion for where to find that fiya , please drop a line here

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
house of dankness
i've been really wanting to smoke some of the new rare dankness weed..... i've heard the starkiller is good, i've heard it's all good....

iirc it's on havana, east side of denver - if you hit them up give us a review :D

For rec shops, Rare Dankness seeds just opened their store House of Dankness in Denver. They were by far the best I have had from Denver, I recommend the Venom Og. They will be opening medical eventually but currently are rec only.

Edit: Avinash not all good but still great compared to others. The 501st OG looked great but was weak and terpless. The cans they use are awesome though, the bud is perfectly dried unlike every other dispensary.