What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ace limited release "back the congo"

sorry to hear of your seed collection loss stoney, id be devastated.
Ill still be taken a stab at the swamp this year as its nice to spread out on breeding projects lol. With climate change though the water is at a high mark in the swamp, went out last week for a look see and was balls deep in my hip waders lol.
Its a wierd feeling having a licence after all these years, but having no hydro power to the house yet seems a greenhouse grow makes the most sense, going to try doing a light dep.
have a bunch of seedlings i started out of the BTTC 16 stock on december 27 that are waiting for spring.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Well I did find one buried hiding mixed in my veg room .... bad news there was only one not 2 like I thought... but hey one is better then none but 2 a boy n Girl would of been to perfect... atleast there's one... and the good news she looks much better than I was expecting... give her a few day n pot up she will take off..

Attachments

• IMAG0068.jpg
    IMAG0068.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMAG0069.jpg
    IMAG0069.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 17
G

BTTC about day 47 veg. Its a girl and a nice one too! I've been less than stellar to the girls in my veg tent. Low temps (61-68) and the light is on 24/7. In addition I had a moderate nute burn or the tip of the plant brushed the bulb when being moved in/out. I believe its the former. Regardless she is still trucking along nicely.
Based on her structure I think she's gonna be more DChunk leaning.

G

Update on my lone BTTC gal. She has been in flower for about 10 days. She has rebounded nicely from her maltreatment and doesn't seem to have held a grudge. She is a fighter to be sure and is the most vibrant alpha female I've had in my grow tent in quite some time.

@Stony917 how is yours coming along?

G

Here is my girl at day 41. Nose is different than the first I ran. Just as unique, but different and therefore mysterious.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Bout to go to flower next run

Attachments

• 0622170253b.jpg
    0622170253b.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 0622170253a.jpg
    0622170253a.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 16
G

Here is my 2nd girl from a pack of BTTC. She is as good as the first one, but the buds are a bit small. I have a clone of her in flower now and will see if I can coax more out of her.
This is the kind of pot you will wax nostalgically for when its long gone.

I've got a diary of her grow in my signature.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Outcold,

I'm glad you have enjoyed with your 'Back to the Congo' from richard williams.
Sure, Deep Chunk terpenes and effects are top notch and they are missed once the jar is over.

G

Second round with BTTC was just chopped at about day 56. Here is a pic of her fading at about day 50. This round I slightly lollypopped the girl and got larger buds. The nose on here is expensive British mens soap.

Cant wait to dig in:biggrin:

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Nice pheno there, looks dc dom... Dc is one of those parental plants that dominates generations bred away from,.. More dominant then trainwreck...

Mine looks to be from the other end of the spectrum.. I've grown n smoke tons of different varieties to many to remember them all but I've never messed with African genetics for no reason n was hopin for a strong Congo leaning pheno...

Dubi or dick .... Do you know any details on the Congo mom used? I know them Canadians have an old clone up there that's a superfast cut but never heard of how it smoked... Or was your Congo used??? What's yours smoke like????

picture.php
picture.php

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Canadian Congo was the one used. I've grown more Deep Congo plants than most, what does your resin smell like on her?

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
The Canadian Congo was the one used. I've grown more Deep Congo plants than most, what does your resin smell like on her?

Fukin different... In pretty good at descriptions but this one ain't easy... If I had to say atm its kinda peanuts or maybe peanut butter goin out on a limb and saw dust ,wood is definitely in there .. Maybe ??? I grew lots of dc n dc crosses ,, definitely not like anything with dc I've grown before... Also unless she does sumthin fast she don't appear to be an 8 week strain like others posted...

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Almost none of the Dcongs ( F4) I run finish in 8 weeks, 9 or 10 is much more common. I do get that peanut smell you are describing, although they usually come through on the Deep Chunk leaning types, it should change some by the end. No sage or fuel scent?
What did the fans look like before defoliating? Looks like you got a healthy stretch out of her.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
100% no fuel type smells... some type of spice maybe sage is in there... The fans were not super fat or have that spade club like look like deep chunk. They did not have long narrow blades either... They were large but Kinda in the middle u can see the dc in there try in hard to show itself but sumthin else to giving them a saw type appearance. Very Deep serrations goin on . I can't seem to find the veg pics I posted in this thread...

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Nice pheno there, looks dc dom... Dc is one of those parental plants that dominates generations bred away from,.. More dominant then trainwreck...

Mine looks to be from the other end of the spectrum.. I've grown n smoke tons of different varieties to many to remember them all but I've never messed with African genetics for no reason n was hopin for a strong Congo leaning pheno...

Dubi or dick .... Do you know any details on the Congo mom used? I know them Canadians have an old clone up there that's a superfast cut but never heard of how it smoked... Or was your Congo used??? What's yours smoke like????

View Image View Image

Hi stoney917,

You are right about straight Deep Chunk crosses, DC is very dominant (for its good and bad traits) in all its crosses.

DC tends to be quite dominant for the short hashplant structures, short flowering times, makes denser and more resinous buds, but it also adds lots of lack of resistance against botrytis and mildew in its straight outcrosses. That's one of the main reasons why i refused to breed with DC in 2006 when i had the pleasure to experience the line for the first time (seeds sent directly from TomHill, thanks friend, wherever you are! :huggg:).

This doesn't mean i underrate Tom's work with his indica lines, quite the opposite. Deep Chunk is probably the best and more archetypal pure afghani line ever released commercially, but you cannot ask to an orange tree to produce pears, these kind of 100 % afghani hashplant lines have been bred for so many generations in arid climates that they are obviously not the best choice for outdoor growing in more humid and rainy climates, they simply rot in late flowering 'just with the breath', and at the end the harvest of healthy buds is very low.

As i commented previously in other chances, i'm not sure about the origin of the canadian congolese cut, the person who received it is the only one that can confirm its origin, but for what i know, i think it came from Mano Negra, so it could be related to the congolese lines we have used to breed our congolese hybrids.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Hi stoney917,

You are right about straight Deep Chunk crosses, DC is very dominant (for its good and bad traits) in all its crosses.

DC tends to be quite dominant for the short hashplant structures, short flowering times, makes denser and more resinous buds, but it also adds lots of lack of resistance against botrytis and mildew in its straight outcrosses. That's one of the main reasons why i refused to breed with DC in 2006 when i had the pleasure to experience the line for the first time (seeds sent directly from TomHill, thanks friend, wherever you are! :huggg:).

This doesn't mean i underrate Tom's work with his indica lines, quite the opposite. Deep Chunk is probably the best and more archetypal pure afghani line ever released commercially, but you cannot ask to an orange tree to produce pears, these kind of 100 % afghani hashplant lines have been bred for so many generations in arid climates that they are obviously not the best choice for outdoor growing in more humid and rainy climates, they simply rot in late flowering 'just with the breath', and at the end the harvest of healthy buds is very low.

As i commented previously in other chances, i'm not sure about the origin of the canadian congolese cut, the person who received it is the only one that can confirm its origin, but for what i know, i think it came from Mano Negra, so it could be related to the congolese lines we have used to breed our congolese hybrids.

I can help out with the lineage, if that's cool with you Dubi

Reeferman crossed Northern Lights with Red Congo. This was what LMN had as Congo #3 aka Candian Congo) when he crossed it with White Widow from Greenhouse Seeds.
So for White Congo we have (NL x Red Congolese) x White Widow.
But, that Red Congolese line was not a pure Congo. Red Congolese was Congo x (Mexican x Affy).
So White Congo becomes [NL x (Congo x Mexi/Affy)] x White Widow.
Under the initial breeding for CBG, LMN's White Congo becomes Bangi Haze.
The NL and WW explain Bangi Haze's/WC's great medical benefits and CBD levels as well as her dominance in crosses.

I wonder if this Congo (Red Congo or Congo #3) is what was used in Congo x Kandahar.

Last edited:

The Hatter

Veteran

Reeferman crossed Northern Lights with Red Congo. This was what LMN had as Congo #3 aka Candian Congo) when he crossed it with White Widow from Greenhouse Seeds.
But, that Red Congolese line was not a pure Congo. Red Congolese was Congo x (Mexican x Affy).
The NL and WW explain Bangi Haze's/WC's great medical benefits and CBD levels as well as her dominance in crosses.

I wonder if this Congo (Red Congo or Congo #3) is what was used in Congo x Kandahar.

So what you are saying is that Congo #3 is Bangi Haze? I am by no means a guru when it comes to tracing lineage nor did I have any direct contact with anyone involved in these breading projects but I do have experience with Bangi Haze and the old school original Northern Lights and I really don't see any of the usual Northern Lights traits in Bangi Haze. I also don't really see many similarities with white widow but then again the white widow I have seen grown recently is not like the stuff from back in the day when Bangi Haze and Congo #3 were created.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran

Fuk man, had to read that many times but I got it ... there's a lot more goin on there then I was expecting... appreciate the info....

The hatter..... from how I read it
red Congo = Congo mex affi
Reef added nl = Canadian Congo
The x'd to green house widow = white congo
So the Congo used in b2c is the Canadian Congo
And bangi is a Congo line using white Congo ....
the bangi is one frosty line

Thcvhunter

Veteran
So what you are saying is that Congo #3 is Bangi Haze? I am by no means a guru when it comes to tracing lineage nor did I have any direct contact with anyone involved in these breading projects but I do have experience with Bangi Haze and the old school original Northern Lights and I really don't see any of the usual Northern Lights traits in Bangi Haze. I also don't really see many similarities with white widow but then again the white widow I have seen grown recently is not like the stuff from back in the day when Bangi Haze and Congo #3 were created.

There are many NL's and NL lines.
The line used here was one of Reef's lines.
Im assuming Reef did selection for Congo and against NL and WW, explaining why they dont really show up much, just adding some traits (short flowering time, easier growing, less sensitivities, increased terpene production).

Yup, Stoney, you got it.
It really is a great line.
My Harlequin X Bangi Haze has put out some real nice males.

Latest posts

Latest posts