What's new

Bho Disasters (PLEASE READ!)

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Much to my amazement the number of BHO fires/explosions has declined to near zero, and with few intrusive police actions, or the statewide banning of canned butane.

https://www.modbee.com/news/article199648314.html

Honey oil lab explodes in Rocklin
BY BENJY EGEL
February 12, 2018 08:14 AM
Updated February 12, 2018 03:44 PM

A concentrated cannabis lab exploded on a residential street in Rocklin on Saturday evening.

Rocklin police responded to reports of an explosion on the 5000 block of Second Street at about 5:30 p.m. Saturday to find evidence of a portable operation used to illegally produce butane honey oil, according to a media release.

Also known as hash oil, honey oil can have up to four times the THC concentration as marijuana. Using butane to strip away unnecessary elements quickens the extraction process but can result in fiery blasts, as seen Saturday. Sacramento County supervisors voted last year to limit sales of butane to 600 milliliters, roughly equal to a pint glass, in an effort to crack down on illegal labs.

The suspect fled the scene on foot and had not been caught as of Monday morning. Second Street was closed from Maple Street to Rocklin Road while police investigated the blast’s cause. No injuries had been reported and the surrounding community was not considered to be at risk.

~star~crash~

Education and as a reminder.

If you go back far enough, there was a similar discussion and we decided to keep it going as eyeopeners to the ingenue and reminders to old hands, because of how serious an issue it is.

Since we had that discussion, many of our worst fears have been realized with legislation enacted by lawmakers who've been shaken and scared at what just one of these "Ooop's" can do to a house full of people and those around it.

Having personally seen the aftermath of one, which totally destroyed one home and severely damaged the ones beside it, besides killing one innocent and the perpetrator, I can attest it was an eyeopener.

Kudos and accolades to SH for putting forth that effort!

i read it differently ... people do all sorts of stupid things and hurts themselves in many ways & you can't fix stupid just by reporting about it ..this reads like a crusade ..

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i read it differently ... people do all sorts of stupid things and hurts themselves in many ways & you can't fix stupid just by reporting about it ..this reads like a crusade ..

Clearly there is more than one thought on the issue and I do believe education works.

BHO hasn't gone away, and as noted by SH, yet the BHO explosions have fallen off sharply. Have the folks suddenly gotten smarter, or better informed though education?

Sadly not smart enough, or soon enough, to keep at the locals here from enacting legislation against it. It is unfortunate that all of us must suffer at the hands of both stupid and ignorant, instead of just them.

~star~crash~

i'm not trying to be a dick ... what about the folks who simply get busted for growing pot? that still happens ya know ...do we go posting about that subject in an effort to try to save the growers from themselves? ... when i read these news articles being posted in this thread its like someones going oooooh look at that !!! it's like a scare tactic ...it's time stop with the hysteria please

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'm not trying to be a dick ... what about the folks who simply get busted for growing pot? that still happens ya know ...do we go posting about that subject in an effort to try to save the growers from themselves? ... when i read these news articles being posted in this thread its like someones going oooooh look at that !!! it's like a scare tactic ...it's time stop with the hysteria please

Is it a scare tactic, or is it factually sharing what is still going on and can happen if you ignore the rules?

After multiple safety articles, I eventually became so concerned that I removed open blasting instructions from our blog site. It didn't appear that our brothers and sisters were getting the message and besides moral issues, I was concerned that it would lead to heavy handed legislation.

Sadly enough still didn't get the message and heavy handed legislation was handed down at least here in Oregon.

Attached is more what I consider scare tactics.

Attachments

• drug insanity.jpg
    drug insanity.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 56
  • drug-abuse.jpg
    drug-abuse.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Pot explosion face.jpg
    Pot explosion face.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Save a life, ban pot.jpg
    Save a life, ban pot.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 59

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not to forget side effects.

Attachments

• Cannabis side effects.jpg
    Cannabis side effects.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 56
  • Surprise (2).jpg
    Surprise (2).jpg
    7 KB · Views: 54

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If this thread has prevented even one person from blowing themselves up its worth its weight in gold... or love ... But I cant imagine why we should just sit here with our head in the sand while ppl are getting hurt. Props to those who have kept this thread alive.

~star~crash~

i think it's unnecessary ...sorry to ruffle feathers but this is how i felt so i said something & i'm allowed to do so ... there are LOTs of issues out there in the world more dangerous then bho

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think it's unnecessary ...sorry to ruffle feathers but this is how i felt so i said something & i'm allowed to do so ... there are LOTs of issues out there in the world more dangerous then bho

Yes there are, and nothing wrong with civilly stating and promoting your position.

~star~crash~

good ..i'm glad u feel that way Gray Wolf ..u know i wouldn't be able to get medicated the way i do if it wasn't for your FREE guidance ... anytime i asked U a question U responded with help full solutions

makes me wonder how many other peeps you've graciously helped to enrich their personal lives:)

lol...3 weeks ago my son was using some fancy aerosol product on his hair ...i checked the label & the propellent was iso-butane ...it was the #1 ingredient..cosmetic industry sprays that all over peoples heads and faces all day long everyday of the year ..WTF:biggrin:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Blowing up others

Blowing up others

I think the real difference between growers getting busted and people warning others about indoor or unsafe blasting is that other people are getting blowin up when dummies blast indoors. Their neighbors and children are suffering physical injuries and property damage.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Everyone has an opinion. I posted mine just like anyone else...I expect if you have something to share you will do the same.
But hopefully if someone is thinking of open blasting indoors, their eyes will somehow cross this thread ahead of time and save everyone a lot of pain and sorrow.
All the best to everyone ... lets keep it safe !!

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
https://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/article202788439.html

Butane lab explosion caused North Backer Avenue fire, say police
BY LARRY VALENZUELA
February 28, 2018 08:23 PM
Updated February 28, 2018 11:00 PM

A fire reported Wednesday evening that injured one man was due to a butane lab explosion, according to Fresno police.

Police said the fire at 2343 North Backer Avenue off Clinton Avenue was sparked when the man had been using butane to extract "honey oil," also known as hash oil. The oil contains concentrated amounts of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the active ingredient in cannabis.

The man was taken to Community Regional Medical Center with third degree burns on his hands and face. Police said he will face charges of arson and felony child endangerment, due to children being at the location, said Lt. Carl McKnight.

Firefighters responded to the scene at 6:25 p.m. and found the injured man outside of the home, said Battalion Chief Tim Fulmer. The fire was contained shortly after arrival.

Firefighters believe the fire started in a back bedroom at the 1,600 square-foot house. During the fire a power line was also downed, which could have been potentially hazardous to the fire crews.

A family of three was displaced by the blaze, which firefighters believe caused around $80,000 in damage. Four engines and 26 firefighters responded to the scene.

Clinton Avenue was closed to traffic from Maple Avenue to Sierra Vista Avenue as crews conducted their investigation.

Outdoors or within the equivalent of a lab fume hood. Don't endanger others!!! The stack of three $20 fans with the duck taped cardboard baffle sucks air from an open window in a back bedroom forcing positive pressure airflow through the rest of the house, vapors are forced out to free air via an open doorway in the extraction area. Sources of ignition still must be eliminated. Butane pools, a fan placed in a window to suck the vapors out isn't adequate unless the intake is at floor level.

Attachments

• P1010217.jpg
    P1010217.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 54
  • P1040267.jpg
    P1040267.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Jhhnn

Veteran
Everyone has an opinion. I posted mine just like anyone else...I expect if you have something to share you will do the same.
But hopefully if someone is thinking of open blasting indoors, their eyes will somehow cross this thread ahead of time and save everyone a lot of pain and sorrow.
All the best to everyone ... lets keep it safe !!

Yeh,people are gonna do what they're gonna do but some people come here to learn. I certainly have. It's a vast repository of knowledge (& some bullshit) about cannabis.

It's important for anybody interested in blasting to know what they're doing before they do it. Understand the worst case scenario & how to avoid it. Or just find an alternative method like bubble bags. You may not get the last little bit out of trim like with bho but you can't blow up the house with water, either.

Keeping the thread alive brings it back up under the "New Posts" button I use frequently. It's important information that the forum needs to keep up front & that's one way to do it.

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://upnorthlive.com/news/local/hash-oil-lab-explosion-damages-gaylord-apartment-building

Hash oil lab explosion damages Gaylord apartment building
by Kristen LoweMonday, March 5th 2018

Two people were airlifted to the hospital after an apartment explosion in Gaylord Saturday morning.

According to the Straits Area Narcotics Enforcement Team it was caused by a butane hash oil lab.

The force of the explosion pushed the adjoining walls into the neighboring apartments, causing significant damage to the building.

Authorities say the people who live there were not there when they arrived.

Emergency crews noticed a strong chemical smell when they got there.

After getting a search warrant, authorities found empty cans of butane, marijuana, marijuana wax and other evidence of a butane hash oil lab.

Detectives also seized syringes, digital scales and evidence of the abuse of other drugs.

According to the Straits Area Narcotics Enforcement Team, the suspects drove themselves to Otsego Memorial Hospital.

They were airlifted to a burn unit because of the extent of their injuries.

Latest posts

Latest posts