What's new

Paradise's Sensi Star

J

joejusttyped

Looking for information on Paradise Seeds Sensi Star (regular seeds). On the more recent stock what type of variation is there? Any mixed phenos or are they all squat indicas? Odors? Flower time? Heavy/light feeder? Veg time? I'm aware D9's Super Star is sativa leaning but I want more than just that one expression. Thanks for any help you can give!

Also I've heard SS is a leafy ass plant, any one have a profile pic of a SS plant to demonstrate? I've never seen SS grown and am curious if it's true.:dance013:

G

gloryoskie

Yup.

I've messed with the Delta9 sensi star. Several phenos to explore. Trippy ones are the best for me, so I ditched the sleeper types.

Leafy is subjective, not a problem for me.

Lots of other info about the lovely 'star. I've found many threads of good info here on icmag.

I would go with D9 sensi, I am doing some hobby breeding to get F3's.

Its that good.

J

joejusttyped

So you can still find the narcotic phenos in Super Star? I did some more researching before and it seems like Paradise does fems only or so it seems at the moment.

Thanks gloryoskie

G

gloryoskie

Narcotic, yup. Not my cup of tea, so to speak. Get the D9 gear, grow the 70 day phenos into cloudy/amber and solid 4-6 week cure.

You will find one that you like.

I have two phenos that push 90 days to finish mostly cloudy. I don't mind the wait, I also have some thunk and zamaldelica that go for 120+ days.

I also have noticed the clones took longer to veg out than the original seed plants.

Keep us posted.

J

joejusttyped

Cool then I'm gonna get a pack or two from the bou. Wont pop for awhile as I have other stuff lined up. Kali Mist and Sensi Star were my favorites back in the day. Now it seems like I'll have both to smoke again in 2013 :)

Got any pics I can drool over in the mean time?

bluntmassa

So you can still find the narcotic phenos in Super Star? I did some more researching before and it seems like Paradise does fems only or so it seems at the moment.

Thanks gloryoskie

I know seed boutique did have the regular sensi star seeds from paridise like a week or 2 ago but now their gone that kinda pisses me off if I knew they were gonna be gone that quick I would have bought them then.:cry:

moondawg

Hey joe. Im an expert sensi star grower. HA!

I bought my first pack in 01 and have grown out 25 packs or more since then. Ive only grown about 4 packs of the fems, but i think i have a good picture of them as well. Ill tell you what i know to be fact.

There are 5 pheno's with sensi star. They range from a haze looking plant that grows to 8' with spearshaped buds and thin equatorial leaves that takes 12 weeks to finish. This is the line of pheno's being worked by Delta 9, although it think theyve chosen a pheno with a bit less sativa that flowers in about 10 weeks. The haze p lant is in there at a rate of 1 plant per 200 seeds. The high is pure sativa and causes paranoi and panic. This is scary weed for this indica lover.

On the other end the sspectrum is a short fat bushy, greasy, fuelish smelling pheno that rearely exceeds 4' with huge, oversized leaves on it which make it easily identifyable. A 12" seedling may have primary leaves that exceed 14" in length and the plant looks odd. It finishes in 50 days and has a stone that is exciting for 10 minutes until you get knocked to the floor. . Put on you pajamas before hiiting this one.

In betweens are just that: conglomerations of genes that lean one way or the other, either toward the sativa or the indica pheno in differing amounts. Every single pheno will be as potent as anything youve ever grown.

The fems are a bit different. The potency level is a bit less, maybe 5% or just noticable for the experinced grower and user, however the fems are still far more potent than most other strains imho.

The fems are problematic for me in that they cant be topped. Old timers know that some plants cant be topped. They dont grow branches or respond to topping. CHronic by Serious is such a plant.
When the sensi fems are topped, the immediately begin to produce unnatural and irregular branching in the same nature as a reveg. It produces far too many branches and leaves can take on a single bladed appearance. Ive actually stood at an outdoor SS fem and spent an hour chopping of limbs and have chopped off as many as 40-50 branches to get it back to a normal looking plant. Dont top them.

She's nute sensitive as hell in a pot. NO feed, and she doesnt like her roots in a tight spot so take care for pot size and nutes.. outdoors she's a pig.

Sensi star is the most resinous strain ive ever grown and ive grow well over 100 store boughts. When i cure my SS, i make sure and put down a white plastic under my drying screens because SS has so much resin on it that it falls from the buds like rain. After drying 5lbs of SS, i can collect as much a 10 grams of fallen trichs. When you put a few buds on your tray, you'll find a 1/2 a joint of pure trichs on the tray. Its unreal and every year since ive grown it ive also grow 6-8 other strains but without exception, youll find me smokiking sS.

G

gloryoskie

Cool then I'm gonna get a pack or two from the bou. Wont pop for awhile as I have other stuff lined up. Kali Mist and Sensi Star were my favorites back in the day. Now it seems like I'll have both to smoke again in 2013 :)

Got any pics I can drool over in the mean time?

From a micro grow last year.

StellarP

ICMag Donor
Latest round of Sensi Star (Paradise circa 2009 seeds).........no lemon....potent narcotic pheno......White Label's from 2000 seem to be all lemon...lil more electric.

picture.php

Cheers
StellarP

Ruosk

Does any breeder work with them knock out phenos of SS nowadays? I had a cut from early 2000's that was medium height, quite nicely yielding plant with a stone that would make you drop down and pass out... crazy crystal coverage, metallic and slightly lemony smell / taste - not very nice, but that pheno really more than made up for it in other aspects.

moondawg

There use to be a lemon pheno, that 1 was nice 70 days smoke, is that still to be found

First let me say that White label Sensi star isa pure and absolute fraud and has no relationship whatsoever to the Paradise strain "sensi star". Ive grown the white label offering out and the white label strain has completley different parents and very clearly consist of differnet genetics. Again, there is no relationship whatsoever to original Paradise sensi star. They are not even remotely the same plant and it should be fraud to label it as such..

Dkgrower, the short, indica pheno of star has a fuel oil smell with a touch of lemon. The far leaning sativa pheno has a underlying rotten lemons and pine. Taste has never been a positive to any sensi star pheno in my view and frankly, ive found all pheno's to have negative taste.. Sometimes one can detect a peppery hash taste in the sativa pheno's but honestly, potency and knockdown are the traits that cause many of us to sing her praises. Ive smoked SS with a lot of people. A few tokes in they never mention taste.

Ps. a little edit. The sativa pheno's of sensi star are seemingly loved by sativa lovers but isnt attractive at all to most sensi star fans. Those of us who know it, choose the pheno that has won every contest it was ever entered into. It is a middle pheno, probable 75% indica that has a high that starts with electricity, happiness and socialabilty to drooling on yourself 30 minutes later. It finishes in 60 days and has the kind of power that can breakthrough a Super silver haze buzz and kick it right off the map. Potent as hell, much more so than either the sativa pheno or the pure indica pheno. She's killer and top shelf.

J

joejusttyped

Thanks for the pics and info fellow SS enthusiasts. Solid posts moondawg I really appreciate it.

G

GMax

here is some sensi from couple years back

she is killer i would give her 9/10

maybe this help with leafyness..she was pretty leafy...that is a sensi star cola towering in front of Paradises Nebula runt ( bud behind cola)

i beleive my round 1 in my sig is my sensi grow...

Grojak

Paradise has been sold out of Sensi Star regs for about a year (right before I did my last Attitude order they sold out).

thedudefresco

Hello thread from the dead :)

Im looking for advice on Paradise seed's feminized sensi star. I'm about to grow outside in the earth in full sun. I'm full of questions. What size hole should I dig is my main question.

I bought my first pack in 01 and have grown out 25 packs or more since then. Ive only grown about 4 packs of the fems, but i think i have a good picture of them as well. Ill tell you what i know to be fact.

There are 5 pheno's with sensi star. They range from a haze looking plant that grows to 8' with spearshaped buds and thin equatorial leaves that takes 12 weeks to finish. This is the line of pheno's being worked by Delta 9, although it think theyve chosen a pheno with a bit less sativa that flowers in about 10 weeks. The haze p lant is in there at a rate of 1 plant per 200 seeds. The high is pure sativa and causes paranoi and panic. This is scary weed for this indica lover.

On the other end the sspectrum is a short fat bushy, greasy, fuelish smelling pheno that rearely exceeds 4' with huge, oversized leaves on it which make it easily identifyable. A 12" seedling may have primary leaves that exceed 14" in length and the plant looks odd. It finishes in 50 days and has a stone that is exciting for 10 minutes until you get knocked to the floor. . Put on you pajamas before hiiting this one.

In betweens are just that: conglomerations of genes that lean one way or the other, either toward the sativa or the indica pheno in differing amounts. Every single pheno will be as potent as anything youve ever grown.

The fems are a bit different. The potency level is a bit less, maybe 5% or just noticable for the experinced grower and user, however the fems are still far more potent than most other strains imho.

The fems are problematic for me in that they cant be topped. Old timers know that some plants cant be topped. They dont grow branches or respond to topping. CHronic by Serious is such a plant.
When the sensi fems are topped, the immediately begin to produce unnatural and irregular branching in the same nature as a reveg. It produces far too many branches and leaves can take on a single bladed appearance. Ive actually stood at an outdoor SS fem and spent an hour chopping of limbs and have chopped off as many as 40-50 branches to get it back to a normal looking plant. Dont top them.

She's nute sensitive as hell in a pot. NO feed, and she doesnt like her roots in a tight spot so take care for pot size and nutes.. outdoors she's a pig.

Sensi star is the most resinous strain ive ever grown and ive grow well over 100 store boughts. When i cure my SS, i make sure and put down a white plastic under my drying screens because SS has so much resin on it that it falls from the buds like rain. After drying 5lbs of SS, i can collect as much a 10 grams of fallen trichs. When you put a few buds on your tray, you'll find a 1/2 a joint of pure trichs on the tray. Its unreal and every year since ive grown it ive also grow 6-8 other strains but without exception, youll find me smokiking sS.

conradino23

That was very helpful, man. SS is the most problematic plant I've ever grown. I grow LOS/HB style outdoor. I popped fems from Paradise and one died on me, the stem just broke and never recovered, and the other one almost died after a transplant to a bigger pot. I managed to save her with few teas and topping with compost, but she's very slow and she doesn't tolerate well my sun temps, which can reach 48C.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
SS is the most problematic plant I've ever grown. I grow LOS/HB style outdoor. I popped fems from Paradise and one died on me, the stem just broke and never recovered, and the other one almost died after a transplant to a bigger pot. I managed to save her with few teas and topping with compost, but she's very slow and she doesn't tolerate well my sun temps, which can reach 48C.

I just completed a grow with old Sensi Star seeds (2005ish) At first I thought the lack of vigor was due to the age of the seeds. I now believe that the plants are very inbred and it shows in the lack of vigor.

Needs a very long veg, but you are rewarded with seriously hard hitting weed. Incapacitating.

Latest posts

Latest posts