What's new

Rate the Breeders

floralheart

Veteran
Hopefully this doesnt' bend the rules or piss too many people off. Discuss & compare the multitude of cannabis breeders, based on the finished grow or smoke :D

1-10 points based on your experience. Name the strain or breed you grew (or smoked). Would you try other varieties? (for extra credit)

My 9 and 10 point awards go to Mr. Nice and Subcool (TGA) Black Widow & others from MR. Nice and Jillybean from Subcool.

I also have Querkle, Agent Orange and The Flav to try. I want Chernobyl, Cheesequake, Dairy Queen and Deep Purple to try.

I was THAT impressed with Subcool, who I initially shot down in favor of BOG.

I rate Greenhouse @ a 6 of 10, kind of on the low end. I did the White Rhino, White Widow and something else from GH. It was good cannabis, but it just can't touch other breeders. Kind of low rent.

I rate Nirvana even lower, about a 5. Not even worth discussing.

BOG - Blue Moon Rocks, I give him a 7. I was a fanboy for years, though I'd never grow his gear and after he left OG thought I never would. I eventually got to grow Blue Moon Rocks. I was kind of disappointed, because I was SURE I'd rate his stuff a solid 10.

Mandala - Hashberry, I'd rate about a 7. Okay, so maye BOG is an 8 or Mandala is a 6.5. Mandala is a 6.5 or a 6. Okay, my inexerpience is showing. Hashberry would be great for a Hashmaker.

MDANZIG - I'd give him an 8. He gets a bonus point because I've met him, and loses a point because I had zero experience with autos and failed a little, and gains a point, because he gave me a packet of seeds I otherwise couldn't have afforded at the time. Figure it out!

DNA, G13 Labs and Dinafem (?) - I got Kushberry, Sour AK, Auto White Widow, Blue Hash and Blue Widow to try after success with Power Kush from Dinafem and because I want to have an opinion on the other top brand name breeders.

Dinafem I give an 8 for their PowerKush, which was my #2 strain. If I had more to smoke, I'd give it an 8.5 or a 9.

Well, OG was #1, but the yeild bumped it to #3 in reality, behind Subcool and Dinafem.

OG was more of a novelty for the garden. If you can't LST and top plants and grow bushes on the fly and think it's fun, don't bother with her.

Never grew Serious Seeds, outside of breeded gear, but I'd give them an 8 or 7 for their AK47 grown by a friend.

I have Barney's Farm Top Dawg to try, also. On the to buy/collect next list is Blueberry Gum, Pineapple Express and LA Confidential.

On the future wish list is: Burmese Kush, Super Lemon OG, Kandy Kush, Vanilla Kush, PowerKush, Bubba Kush, Deadhead OG, Cherry OG, Afghani, Skunk and some Northern Lights and its crosses. Yeah... a dozen Kushes side by side, because I like them and it's fun.

Mandala, Nirvana and Greenhouse get my low scores.

Mr. Nice, Subcool and Dinafem get my top scores. :D

I

Iron_Lion

lol @ dinafem

edit

actually lol at G13 labs too

picture.php
you a funny guy.

avant gardener

Veteran
this list is total bullshit.
i don't know what i'm talking about.

soma,
short,
nice,
hypro (i know, i know)
grindhouse,
ojd,
that one douchebag,
mandala,
everyone else.

by reputation, i'm aware that tom hill belongs in there, but i'm running his stuff for the first time now.

apparently ice-t belongs on there too. the other day i had some kid tell me he developed OG kush

floralheart

Veteran
lol @ dinafem

edit

View Image you a funny guy.

I'm trying Blue Hash, Blue Widow and White Widow based the success with Dinafems Power Kush.

As far as the overall grow & smoke, Powerkush from Dinafem and Jillybean from Subcool put OGKushes dick in the dirt.

You can't touch the high and taste of the OG in certain ways, but the Romulan, C99, Orange Skunk as a combo were more interesting and exotic taste wise. And the yeild of both and smell of Jillybean's true Orange Creamsicle while flowering put the OG to shame.

Afghani and Skunk is a pretty good combo. It makes we want to try other sweet skunks. The one's I had were a cross between sweet skunk and old school skunk, with more of a super sweet fruit punch flavor.

ForestBuds

lol @ dinafem

edit

View Image you a funny guy.

I love Moby Dick from fall 2010 grow, it was the best out of dozen strains. IMO, it's an excellent strain for a beginner.

I have it running ATM along with Power Kush and OG KUSH and so far all of them are doing fabulous.

What OG did the OP run? Dinafem's?

Prodigygrower

Veteran
WOW Dinafem and g13 labs lol man you guys really need to grow some good gear b4 you start making crazy statements like that here is who I think some of the top breeder's are imop any way.

Bodhi
JJ Topdawg
Loompa
Rez
motarebel

If you dnt know who these guys are you really need to it will change your out look on what dank cannabis is and I guarantee Dinafem is not even in the same league at all lol Dinafem lol

floralheart

Veteran
I love Moby Dick from fall 2010 grow, it was the best out of dozen strains. IMO, it's an excellent strain for a beginner.

I have it running ATM along with Power Kush and OG KUSH and so far all of them are doing fabulous.

What OG did the OP run? Dinafem's?

The short-story, long... :D

I bought OGKush on Bud Trader, twas the real deal based on smoking it and Purple OG at local clubs.

It had stress seeds in it, probably from a light leak. The bud was fine and fun to smoke, just had 8 or 9 seeds in it.

I stupidly threw away all but 3 of the seeds. One survived and thrived and I was able to grow it out.

The brief story I got was, it was a straight OG cut from out West and he grew it with his dad in their basement.

My story is, it grew 6' tall with mini golf ball sized resin balls of frost all up and down it (the first run). A straight sativa with no real main cola, the main cola bud was no bigger than the side branch's head. We're talking inches. 3/4" main cola.

Frostiest girl in the garden, tastiest in the garden, most instant and strange high, but the yeild was straight freak sativa with lots of super small rock hard resin coated buds. Weird lemon pine kerosene from outerspace.

Whiter than white widow and white rhino from Greenhouse and more resin than BOG's BMR or Subcool's Jilly bean, side-by-side. Faster resin, more resin, whiter resin. Hashberry from Mandala was the only plant that came close in comparison, and that's a hashmaking strain.

I topped her twice the next run and raised her up on a container and had an awesome bush full of resin coated buds. Used some LST to twist and tie her branches into the full light.

I don't grow commercially, but it appeared to be a very crappy commercial bud to grow - compared to others. I grew it again, because it was so good.

I see why it's pricey. It's out of this world, and yeilds for shit without crossing or training or supercropping. It's as bad of a genetic freak as it is good of a genetic freak.

It was the same as the bag I bought, but a little tastier and stronger. Grown with Biobizz Biobloom in bloom and Alaska fish in veg. Promix BX thinned with commercial coarse perlite.

nukklehead

soma,
short,
nice,
hypro (i know, i know)
grindhouse,
ojd,
that one douchebag,
mandala,
everyone else.

by reputation, i'm aware that tom hill belongs in there, but i'm running his stuff for the first time now.

apparently ice-t belongs on there too. the other day i had some kid tell me he developed OG kush

LOL as above... I have grown a bit of subcools and it is good shit ( the ones I had) But ( tongue in cheek) I always knew Chimera and Ace breeders didnt rate up there with your experience ( or lack of)
:biggrin: i.e I agree with the above list whole heartedly :) Dinafem..... ok...ok.. lol...

avant gardener

Veteran
now i may be way off base here, but i thought the reason it was funny that dinafem was on the list is because they primarily don't breed their own gear. they just s1 other folks' shit that may or may not be what they claim it to be. apologies in advance if i'm wrong here.

for instance, i ran their diesel and there was nothing diesel-y about it. it was straight up skunky on the stem, was finished flushed and chopped inside 60, and didn't have much flavor. not bad necessarily but not what i would call diesel.

in fairness, their power kush is one of the quickest, easiest strains i've encountered and it yields decently too.

ForestBuds

WOW Dinafem and g13 labs lol man you guys really need to grow some good gear b4 you start making crazy statements like that here is who I think some of the top breeder's are imop any way.

Bodhi
JJ Topdawg
Loompa
Rez
motarebel

If you dnt know who these guys are you really need to it will change your out look on what dank cannabis is and I guarantee Dinafem is not even in the same league at all lol Dinafem lol

Aye. This was a feminized run to maximize my space outdoors. Thank you for the concern my friend, I'm certainly that I am well stocked for a major league pheno hunt very soon thanks to many hard working breeders and donors. :biggrin:

G

guest59452

Greenhouse seeds negative 100, too much greed/lack of attention to detail
Nirvana seeds positive 100, affordable prices great strains, with addition of sativa seedbank this is an all around great place to find reliable strains
Dutchbreed seeds positive 100, very generous with every order unique seeds and quality service with a smile, they always want to help and give great advice
TGA seeds positive 100, Great strains, hard to come by strains found in seed form at this bank we need more banks like this.

F

Funion

DJ Shorts
MJ (Peak)
Chimera
these are my favorites

there are other great breeders that do more than just jumble up the mix within the hybrids code

T

trichster

"Breeders" that i trust with my money these days

1.Connoisseur Genetics.....Always keepers in every pack
2.H3AD.....isnt really doing much recently but made some memorable crosses
3.TGA.....love or hate Sub but there genetics are tasty

C

ChemFrog

soma,
short,
nice,
hypro (i know, i know)
grindhouse,
ojd,
that one douchebag,
mandala,
everyone else.

I can name 2 from the above list who do not class as even breeders, but more like Polyhybrids!

Do you actually know what it takes to be a breeder?

well first of all you have breed your own genetics and this doesnt apply to sum one who just throw pollen on elite cuts lmfao

Makes me laugh when growers here lick sum polyhybrids ass cheaks over s1's and crossing of hybrids with other hybrids! not much work has gone into it even though you might get sum keepers.

Jump on the gravy train guys! anyone can do it, who has access to sum elite strains lmfao:laughing: