What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Elvis Impersonator LUI13 x Cindy99

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
as today is the first day of 12/12 i wanted to get some documentation as some portion of these seeds will be sent into the server fund.

the cross,as noted in the title is Dutchgrown's Lui13 (Legends Ultimate Indica x G-13) crossed to Cinderella99 f2 (gypsy nirvana collection)

the female lui13

the male c99 "sir spews-a-lot"

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
for this test i sprouted 10 seeds by soaking overnight in ro water and placing in rapid rooters pre-soaked in bio roots from general organics.8/10 seeds sprouted within 48 hrs,the final two within 72 hours.ended up with one runt and one "meh",not particular problems with seeds shedding their shells were noted.

seedlings were vegged under an 8 bulb t5 rack on an 18/6 time cycle in sunshine advanced mix #4 in standard red party cups.they were fed a combo of general organics cal/mag,bioroots,and biothrive grow along with periodic applications of compost tea.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
veg up until the plants were sexed took place under a 400w mh with an eye blue hortilux bulb.seedlings were transplanted into standard 1 gallon nursery pots in sunshine advanced mix #4 and fed with general organics cal/mag,bio roots,biothrive grow,bioweed and pura vida's veganic grow as well as compost teas every other week and microbe brew from fox farms on alternate weeks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
which brings us to today,the first day of 12/12 for the first 5 females of 6 total,so 6/10 females on the test sprout.
the plants will be flowered under a 1000w hps burning a hortilux super hps bulb less than a month old.all will be in 3 gallon smart pots with sunshine advanced mix #4 with ancient forest compost and a dash of azomite mixed in. nutes will be general organics cal/mag,biotrive bloom and bio bud along with pura vida's veganic bloom as well as compost teas.

due to over-crowding in veg,the first 5 females got a bit stretched out looking for light,so after transplanting into 3 gallon smart pots for flowering i super-cropped them about halfway up and staked them,all nodes below the bend have been trimmed away,and about half the plants have been topped as well.the last female will go into flower soon as she still needs up-potting,but she had been under the t5's during the entire veg cycle and remained squat and tight noded,i will have to top her before flower but should be a good representation of the structure of the plants.

traits from both parents are evident to me,the leaf size says lui13,the leaf structure says c99...

im hoping that the c99 influence will shorten the flowering time a bit from 70 days for the mother,and open the structure of the plant up a bit as well as make the buds a bit less leafy and improve the flavor profile.

Cannawinner

Veteran
Look very promising Unc.
They look Amazing,
Why the name Elvis Impersonator and who made the cross?

I have been out of touch with all these new strains and etc....

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i made the cross,and the name is because i have a strange imagination...you know,louie13 was a king,13.99 is pretty cheap...a cheap king...polyester jumpsuits...elvis impersonator....

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Great information and photos mate :good:
Looking forward to seeing these bad assed girls in full flower shaking their resin encrusted b00tys to the beat of unk's bongo drums :bigeye:
:plant grow:

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds Killer Unc :good:

Ya know i'll be sittin in the back puffin & watchin :watchplant:

Good luck with these Unc !! even though ya don't need it .... everything ya touch turns ta gold these days :plant grow:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the first 5 elvis imps are at 14 days 12/12 now,stretch has been minimal,between 1.5x and 2x the size they were at the start of flowering. they all appear to have started crowning,and calyx formation has started in earnest.

all five appear to be favoring the LUI13 mother in terms of bud formation patterns,with long ,running buds with what looks to be the classic "spear" shape which i believe is from the "ortega" pheno of LUI used in the original LUI x G13 cross.

the fan leaf size also seems to point towards the LUI13 side,but the shape of the leaves and leaf serrations seem more Cindy99 to my eye.

so far no drastic differences in phenos,all of them seem fairly uniform at this point,no particular nute issues have been noted.feedings have been 3 tsp/2 gallons ro water cal/mag and 3 tsp/2 gallons ro water biothrive bloom. they have also received a feeding of compost tea brewed for 24 hrs then brewed for an additional 24 hrs after adding 1 tsp/gal roots organic HPK and 1 tsp/gal roots organic Extreme Serene.(talk about some serious foam!)

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
now at 21 days of 12/12,buds are forming up quickly now,stretch seems to be over as well.seems like about 2x stretch on these,not too bad at all.resin production has started kicking in,not much at this point,but i recall the mother (LUI13) was slow to show her jewels as well.on full strength flowering nutes now,and for the last week. only showing a bit of tip burn,they got some floralicious last night which always seems to pop the resin into gear.

so far all 6 plants are staggeringly uniform,almost the exact same height,none with noticeably more bud or resin,all sharing the same set of characteristics as far as leaf size and shape,branching,branch strength (good so far).

picture.php