What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Eagle 20 PM Killer, Cancerous?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SB.J

Ive been told by multiple people that eagle 20 has cancerous properties in it and as it says on the label DO NOT spray on fruiting plants.

Any opinions or hear the same thing?? It is systemic for 30 days but I bet it stays in longer.

Anyone who uses Eagle 20 get it tested??

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
I heard that pigs fly too...but according to those smarter than me, Myclobutanil--the active ingredient of Eagle 20EW IS NOT A LIKELY carcinogen.

http://www.pesticideinfo.org/Detail_Chemical.jsp?Rec_Id=PC120

Eagle's MSDS lists majority of the fungicide ingredients, and it appears just Naphthalene is a "possible carcinogen"--but at the rate of 0.2%, I think my chili farts are more deadly!

http://www.cdms.net/ldat/mp6DG001.pdf

Seriously, I use Eagle to keep some PM issues in check, so if you guys have any information to support what you "heard"--Eagle being carcinogenic, then I would love to know about it!

Cheers!

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
lol second ingredient is the petroleum distillate naptha

its for ornamental plants only

if you put this shit on your flowers and sell em your worse than big tabacooo

WHY?!?!

cause at thousands of dollars a pound there is no excuse to take shortcuts that can effect peoples health

if you need eagle20 to keep PM of your plants you failed BIG TIME

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
Weird...I respect your opinion, but you are wrong....not just for ornamental:

"For use on golf course fairways, roughs, tees and greens, commercial and residential stone fruit trees, apple trees and grapes, and other landscape ornamentals"

BTW...many vineyards use Eagle for PM---I know. And I like wine and raisins.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran

"For use on golf course fairways, roughs, tees and greens, commercial and residential stone fruit trees, apple trees and grapes, and other landscape ornamentals"

BTW...many vineyards use Eagle for PM---I know.

i dont want to come off like a dick specifically at any one person, knowledge is very hard to disseminate as is the "bigger picture"

so please bear with me, i don't want to get harsh on any one in particular but the spread and use of many of the "silver bullets' on IC are really dangerous band aids to problems that should not exist in the first place

look at the MSDS and you will see that it contains components that are known by the state of California to cause cancer

i.e. napthalene

Mycobutanil itself is know to cause birth defects and reproductive harm

now read the note to physician

now read the first section that says toxic to fish, aquarium organisms and birds

now read about how ti is systemic and can cause cataracts and effects the major organs in animals exposed to it (pg 3)

its consider a marine pollutant as well and defined as a hazardous material by osha

the bigger picture is the bias of the big chemical companies (agricultural chemical nutes in Europe ALONE is a 40 billion a year business) thats why only a handful of states have tight restrictions while many simply do not

dont let the government define safe to you when you know they are manipulated by the people making and cashing in on the shit in the first place

if you notice analysis is done in :good faith: the same good faith eh banking and mortgage industry showed

the bigger picture is the real ignorance of most of modern man in regards to agriculture

here is proof posted on the news yesterday

http://www.livescience.com/19011-nitrate-contamination-california-drinking-water.html

the cause and effect of too much nitrogen in the water

BUT IS ONLY IONS I FEED MY HEADY HYROZ BRAH !?!?!?!?!

the reason nature lets living soil make ions available is because if they are not in balance with the organisms around them it causes imbalance

the fact that we can get short term results doesn't make it long term good

nitrate contamination is serious and thats nitrogen a substance we need in our food chains to survive

quick easy painless solutions have a cost hidden somewhere

feeding your smoke synthetically has the same potential to turn it into a cancer catalyst as does lettuce if grown in toxic environments

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran

BTW...many vineyards use Eagle for PM---I know. And I like wine and raisins.

I grew up in table grape area of Cali, it is used their with zero problems for decades.....I'll go with eclipse on this one.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I grew up in table grape area of Cali, it is used their with zero problems for decades.....I'll go with eclipse on this one.

and one in ten Californians have toxic drinking water because of over nitrification

the difference between sheep and lemming is subtle, they are both blissfully ignorant but the subtle differnce is lemmings follow each other over a cliff

if you cant grow profitably using bio-remeidation in a crop valued at thousands of dollars a pound you suck especially if your in California

were i come from there is no community of knowledge to lean on

you guys got dudes like tom fucking hill giving you all the tools you need to come correct but you take the easy way

G

Guest3498

i dont want to come off like a dick specifically at any one person

It's all good, if anything you come across as a college know-it-all hippie in most of your posts.

collegehippies.jpg

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
It's all good, if anything you come across as a college know-it-all hippie in most of your posts.

View Image

lol right on

its ok i dotn expect many of you to get me cause most of you dont have 20 years and conservatively 70 + harvests to look back upon for experience

lol its ok i do

:thank you:

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
thankfully how i appear to you means nothing

propagation of the truth however means everything

its not labeled for use on anything but ornamentals, fruit trees and vines

now i didnt graduate college but i did learn me how to read

its not meant for vegetables call DOW the information is from their website

maybe ask them why its not used on vegetables and why some states restrict its use

http://www.dowagro.com/turf/prod/eagle.htm

maybe when they realized they fuck up and forgot to include vegetable and other crops in their target marketing you'll get a job with them as a director or something

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
and if your rhizosphere is so biologically incomplete and environment so imbalanced you even get pm that is on you

if you don't understand that statement means once again that's on you

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
the difference between sheep and lemming is subtle, they are both blissfully ignorant but the subtle differnce is lemmings follow each other over a cliff

if you cant grow profitably using bio-remeidation in a crop valued at thousands of dollars a pound you suck especially if your in California

hey maybe you should chill and burn one; I think your negativity is becoming cancerous.

You should only have to use it 1 TIME! thats it...spray your clones down, raise your temps to the 80's and keep your night time temps no less that 5 degree difference for awhile. I had PM 1 time 2 years ago...this is what i did and it fixed the problem.

It you spray your clones, veg 30 days, flower 60 days there shouldnt be anything still in the plants system.

S

SeaMaiden

I'm an Eagle20 hater. One of the bigger reasons is that it's causing resistance in PM fungi. This is well documented, and even noted on the label of E20 itself. Yet many, if not most of the cannabis growers who insist on using it don't seem to understand this. Just like the folks who've helped bring us Floramite and NPS-resistant mites (apparently, they are truly Borg, they can resist anything given the chance), we're going to see a huge upswing in instances of PM that can't be treated with the magic silver bullet of choice.

I'd rather go with organic IPM strategies. I'm also incredulous as to the harmfulness of ingesting PM at this time, as I've been searching for any citable papers that discuss it as being a disease-causing organism in humans (allergies, perhaps, though again, I haven't found it yet). People seem to think that once they've made the fruiting bodies disappear that the PM has been eradicated from plant tissues, and I do not believe that is the case.

Weird, I dig where you're coming from. However, we can only strive to keep the rhizosphere healthy enough to allow an organism to resist PM.

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
So...just to clarify--other than opinion, there is no real science that Eagle is, say more cancerous than smoking a doob? Right?

Links please....

G

Guest3498

If you sound like an acid casualty that's on you.

Either give us sources to support your argument or quit with the mumbo jumbo..

Status
Not open for further replies.