What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1k vertical Doughnut round two

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Here we go again, I made the time to get the closet set up for another round... Not too many changes, I still plan to see how much this little room is capable of with 1000 watts.

I moved the sump out of the room so I could get 2 more buckets in there for a total of 8 plants. I also made a little manifold so each bucket will be top fed by a drip ring. I am using a Beckett 240gph pond pump to feed the 8 buckets.

I chose the pump because it has a very nice pre-filter that's easy to access and change so I can keep the drip rings from clogging (hopefully)

There are two GH Blue Stone air pumps feeding a large air stone in each bucket..

The lighting will be 1k on a yo yo mover rather than the 400 + 600 stacked. I am hoping I can get the buckets slammed against the walls and have a larger doughnut

I am going to stick with the super slow recirculating buckets because there is no need for a chiller and they performed pretty well last time (very stable)
picture.php

bobblehead

Veteran
First to tag in. Can't wait to see you smash this grow... You have a reputation to uphold around here.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
:lurk: What strain will you be running and how long will you be vegging?

I'm interested to see how the 1k on a mover does compared to the old set up.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Thanks for checkin in Bobble, Yes, that last run has created a little pressure on me for this one!! My clone stock is a little wounded so it's going to be off to a slow start..

Bionic, not sure on the strains at the moment, I have two DGS Magenta99 ladies that are going in.. I lost some of my moms and clones but thank god the Magentas survived.. They were abused and arent in the best shape but I bet they kick right back to health when I drop them in the system..

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
:lurk: What strain will you be running and how long will you be vegging?

I'm interested to see how the 1k on a mover does compared to the old set up.

Going to veg them until they are monsters, likely 2 months or more..

T

Tarus Bulbar

Count me in! Looking forward to this round bro
Should be able to pull some HUGE buds with that
long of a veg PLUS the addition of a 1000 watter!!
Cheers

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Oh hell yeah I'm in for this one! Work your magic bro!!

Your gonna have a lot of trimming to do with 8 plants with 2 month veg :biglaugh:

HGO

What does your custom made manifold look like?

Is that room still the 6x6x6?

Pic's looks good. following your lead and in two weeks copy catting this grow.

Thanks for all the info. Maybe a tutorial??? I could really put it to use in two weeks when I construct my first 6x6x6 1k room.

mjc

Also, in your last Thread you mentioned some pest products "the bayer advanced" for pest control....?...which one for aphids and which for "the borg"?

Is there any organic nutrients you have liked?

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
What does your custom made manifold look like?

Is that room still the 6x6x6?

Pic's looks good. following your lead and in two weeks copy catting this grow.

Thanks for all the info. Maybe a tutorial??? I could really put it to use in two weeks when I construct my first 6x6x6 1k room.

mjc

I have a picture of the manifold, it's just an 8 way air pump manifold but I drilled out the feed, opened it up to 1/2 inch, then brazed a fitting on it. I like it because it gives me individual control of water flow to the buckets. It's really nice to be able to turn just one bucket off if I need to work on that plant.

the picture is of the manifold in the sump when I was testing it for leaks and flushing out goop that I missed in the initial cleaning..

As far as a tutorial, the first thread Vertical First Attempt was a tutorial but I was the student, really, members rode along and helped me do the right thing... Just post your grow in a thread, we will help you out ;)

The room is still 6X6 X 8.5 tall
picture.php