Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Vertical / Colosseum Growing > Vertical first attempt

Thread Title Search
Vertical first attempt Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-10-2010, 08:34 PM #1
Aerohead
space gardener

Aerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really nice
Vertical first attempt

I finally have a little grow space of my own, 6' X 6' X 8' tall.
The plan is 6 ladies in 5 gal buckets dwc, I haven't decided on the strain yet, lighting will be 400w CMH for veg and 600w HPS for flower. The cement blocks are just for mock up there will be a can filter under the cool tube and a 6" centrifugal fan venting the heat. I hope this turns out like I think it's going to, should be lots of fun

Aerohead is offline Quote

Old 12-10-2010, 10:05 PM #2
250wscrogger

250wscrogger is a jewel in the rough250wscrogger is a jewel in the rough250wscrogger is a jewel in the rough250wscrogger is a jewel in the rough250wscrogger is a jewel in the rough250wscrogger is a jewel in the rough
looks good, I'd suggest using the 600w all the way through....

Keep growing
250wscrogger is offline Quote

Old 12-12-2010, 10:29 PM #3
Aerohead
space gardener

Aerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 250wscrogger View Post
looks good, I'd suggest using the 600w all the way through....
Yes you are right, I was just buying myself some time because I don't have a good bulb for the 600. I was also thinking the CMH might help with stretch but that may not be as much of an issue with a vert grow. I guess the right thing to do is get a bulb for the 600 and run it all the way through.

Old 12-12-2010, 10:36 PM #4
whodair
Banned

whodair is a name known to allwhodair is a name known to allwhodair is a name known to allwhodair is a name known to allwhodair is a name known to allwhodair is a name known to allwhodair is a name known to allwhodair is a name known to allwhodair is a name known to allwhodair is a name known to allwhodair is a name known to all
Just finished a 600w vert... 7 plants in 3 gal promix yield over 21oz !! Did you consider bare bulb ??
whodair is offline Quote

Old 12-12-2010, 10:55 PM #5
Aerohead
space gardener

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodair View Post
Just finished a 600w vert... 7 plants in 3 gal promix yield over 21oz !! Did you consider bare bulb ??
I saw that grow, wow, awesome work!! I hope mine turns out that well. I would like to go bare bulb but I'm not sure about the cooling. I know for sure I can cool the space with a 6" centrifugal fan sucking air at the base of the socket through a cooltube with a can filter on the other end but I'm not sure what the temps will do if I mount the can filter above the bulb without the tube. I assume the 600w will still produce very well even with 10% or so light loss through the glass...

Old 12-12-2010, 10:57 PM #6
DaPurps

DaPurps has a spectacular aura aboutDaPurps has a spectacular aura aboutDaPurps has a spectacular aura aboutDaPurps has a spectacular aura aboutDaPurps has a spectacular aura about
it is more like 2% if your glass is fairly clean...

Nice set-up !
DaPurps is offline Quote

Old 12-12-2010, 10:57 PM #7
!!!
Now in technicolor

!!! is just really nice!!! is just really nice!!! is just really nice!!! is just really nice!!! is just really nice!!! is just really nice!!! is just really nice!!! is just really nice
400w CMH over 600w HPS for veg for sure. Like you said, it helps with the stretch. It has more blue light than the HPS.

Anyway, nice clean looking setup.. ready to rock.

400w Super Lemon Haze (done)
Cheap DIY Cooltube Pictorial
Lucas Formula
Excellent Seed Germination Tutorial (Mandala)
Zeus' Take on Harvesting
Best Stealth Lighting System? PL55W

You don't have to open the door for police. If they could get a warrant they won't knock! Wave at them from the window but don't open the door! Seriously.Download Never Get Raided
!!! is offline Quote

Old 12-12-2010, 11:03 PM #8
ganja_hasi
natural mystic

ganja_hasi has a reputation beyond reputeganja_hasi has a reputation beyond reputeganja_hasi has a reputation beyond reputeganja_hasi has a reputation beyond reputeganja_hasi has a reputation beyond reputeganja_hasi has a reputation beyond reputeganja_hasi has a reputation beyond reputeganja_hasi has a reputation beyond reputeganja_hasi has a reputation beyond reputeganja_hasi has a reputation beyond reputeganja_hasi has a reputation beyond repute
ganja_hasi has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
as already mentioned, nice n clean set up AeroH ... go for it & keep us up to date ..

best of luck and success
gh

ᴥ Wake up call!! ᴥ
ganja_hasi is offline Quote

Old 12-13-2010, 01:13 AM #9
StealthDragon
Recovering UO addict.

StealthDragon is just really niceStealthDragon is just really niceStealthDragon is just really niceStealthDragon is just really niceStealthDragon is just really niceStealthDragon is just really niceStealthDragon is just really niceStealthDragon is just really nice
nice to see you back Aerohead

looking good man, best of luck with this run.

My autoflower stuffs <--old (vertical 2k room)

My micro perpetual grow (closed for now)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

The chains men bear they forged themselves. Strike off their chains and they will weep for their lost security
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
StealthDragon is offline Quote

Old 12-14-2010, 01:10 AM #10
Aerohead
space gardener

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthDragon View Post
nice to see you back Aerohead

Thanks StealthDragon, good to see you still hanging out around here!!

Thanks everyone for stopping by, I will be posting this grow in real time like the others. We will see how things go....

I decided to keep the cooltube this run for the same reason I am going DWC, to keep other aspects of the grow very simple so I can concentrate on the vertical aspect.

The main things I need to figure out is when to flip and pruning to max out the yield. Maybe later I will experiment with TAG and bare bulbs after I feel I have the vert concept worked out.