What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WORST BAGSEED GROW EVER - wtf???

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

h^2 O

beans came from some mid-grade bud that was pretty rock hard and had a good stone. I started 2. Then a month or more later started 4 more. I ended up with 3 females...one is older, and has a FAT stem...I've never seen or felt a stem that was more solid and tough. Another female has really small leaves...kind of like blueberry or some shit. Trust me though - it's NOT blueberry. Not even close. [I hope they don't hear me badmouthing them] Last one is like 7-8 weeks younger than than the largest.
Anyway, with this grow I decided to NOT use LST. I've had TREMENDOUS success with LST in the past (check out the afghani and the deisel in my album). So I just let them grow straight up. Oddly, NO sidebranching. As you can see, the biggest plant has like NOTHING below the top 10% of the plant. Leaves yellowed fairly soon after switching to 12/12 and getting the 150hps going so I gently picked them off.
By the looks of it, I'll be lucky to get an 1/8th per plant...unless they just explode later in flowering. I don't think they will.
Anyway, really sad about the whole thing. The risk of growing these things really isn't worth it...would be like getting a year in jail for an 1/8th. Seriously. But I keep them going because I just don't have the heart to kill them.
What I've learned from this is that if you use a 150HPS - you MUST LST. Otherwise you end up with this. Really sad. Hardly has any odor, don't see any trichomes.

IMAG0083.jpg

IMAG0084.jpg

IMAG0085.jpg

IMAG0086.jpg

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
Well maybe the smoke will knock you on your ass. I hope it will

My guess is that its the genetics, not your light. How far along are they? I have grown plants under a 150hps and I just let them do their thing. Didn't do what yours are doing. What a puzzle.

H

h^2 O

My guess is that its the genetics, not your light. How far along are they? I have grown plants under a 150hps and I just let them do their thing. Didn't do what yours are doing. What a puzzle.

according to the calendar I threw them under 12/12 on September 23rd. So they're like 4 weeks in.

Fattie

sorry man but this is hilarious.

that is the worst internodal spacing i have ever seen. Did you keep the lights as close as possible the entire life of the plant?

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Is the fan exhaust, intake or circulation?

150hps has 12" or less penetrating power. Good for 3' footprint or less. Hanging high to cover a larger footprint will diminish yield.

With decent ambient temps and exhaust you should be able to get the canopy withing ~3" of the bulb. A pc fan blowing on the bulb or between the bulb and canopy will help reduce temps.

Get some dolomitic lime for the yellowing fans, your mix is probably too acidic. Usually a tablespoon of lime per gallon of mix, yours may vary.

H

h^2 O

Is the fan exhaust, intake or circulation?

150hps has 12" or less penetrating power. Good for 3' footprint or less. Hanging high to cover a larger footprint will diminish yield.

With decent ambient temps and exhaust you should be able to get the canopy withing ~3" of the bulb. A pc fan blowing on the bulb or between the bulb and canopy will help reduce temps.

Get some dolomitic lime for the yellowing fans, your mix is probably too acidic. Usually a tablespoon of lime per gallon of mix, yours may vary.

the fan is an intake - it's sucking in air from a hole I punched in the cab. I've had trouble with leaves yellowing during flower before, but not like this. I'll have to try the lime next time. By the way on the bigger plant with like no nodes between the bottom and the flowering top? There were leaves but they yellowed and I yanked them off. But nothing is growing at the nodes down there! Sucks ass. Never NOT using LST again.

H

h^2 O

yeah might as well look up shit to do with hemp...maybe I can make a hat or pair of gloves or something cool to wear while I smoke my monstrous 4gram harvest

jeez, how on earth have you been a member here for over 2 years, and grow plants like that? You do know that this forum is for growing cannabis, not talking about your boring ass yummyesque lifestyle. my 4 year old son grew better with the fisher price "my first grow kit"
but for real, that tiny ass bulb needs to be a few inches from the tops of the plants. i would just grow a shitload and sog it. barely any or no veg time, and do like 16 under that bulb. most likely you need a big boys fan to get some proper ventilation.
what i would do if i was you, would just put your plants in your car and keep them in the back window. the sunlight is way stronger than your 150hps, and when you drive around, put the windows down some so they get a nice breeze

Green Sky

I am going to make this my first post .

Not a flame, but a very curious observation. ( I have to laugh a little at Walt C's first comments)

#1. rootbound
#2. ?improper use of light
#3. Genetics
#4. untrained

Is this actually a joke? I almost think it is an " abuse-test" or torture chamber sorta thing. Interesting to say the least. Just order some seeds from a sponsor.

Try a little harder with them?

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
... By the way on the bigger plant with like no nodes between the bottom and the flowering top? There were leaves but they yellowed and I yanked them off. But nothing is growing at the nodes down there!

You'll need to leave the fans longer, at least until the node leaves are big enough to sustain on their own. Otherwise the plant will pass sugars on to the next node. There's a tread about supply leaves vs sink leaves, their differences and when it's cool to cull excess fans. Sorry, can't find the link.

H

h^2 O

You'll need to leave the fans longer, at least until the node leaves are big enough to sustain on their own. Otherwise the plant will pass sugars on to the next node. There's a tread about supply leaves vs sink leaves, their differences and when it's cool to cull excess fans. Sorry, can't find the link.

Crap. Oh just pure tap water on these from day one, no nutes or anything. Could be a ph problem (the tap water).
This wasn't a grow I had planned out...what happened was after I transplanted my plants to my secret garden, they were snatched within a month or so. I found out around the end of July. So I popped more beans, hoping to get some kind of harvest in before frost. Instead of leaving them on the porch I brought them inside and threw them under cfl...and didn't LST them. When I switched to 12/12 it was a just an accident waiting to happen. NTSB should piece this one together for me.
Lesson - don't use tap water/always LST with the 150/PLAN,PLAN,PLAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts