What's new

BHO question, is wax/budder unpurged BHO?

KonradZuse

So there is some talk around the BHO community that Wax/Budder, which is whipped, is whipping up the butane and leaving it int he solution which causes it to budder up into a non see-through form. I don't know about this, the only time I had budder was when I took my bho and heat whipped it in my dish, 1 time, which it then buddered. The quality of the buds weren't that good either, and I had run more than I usually do. Is there any scientific facts?

Graywolf where are you!? :p

stevefrench

don't know too much about the science, but my stuff usually won't budder up until after the vast majority of the butane has been purged.

perhaps there is a minuscule amount left... but would it be anymore than comes off a bic lighter?

J

juicepuddle

Budder does not meen its underpurged, purged oil I have been told can still be whipped into budder, also it can be strain dependent, as well as the area in which the oil was made(Meaning humidity and stuff like that can affect your process through moisture)

So I believe nice purged oil can be whipped into budder, however do not expect to find this in a dispensary. I will also tell you every time I have ever purchased budder(Wax) from a dispens it was UNDERPURGED

I have never found well purged anything hahaha, I always end up throwing the budder in a small vile heating it gently with a lighter till it stops bubbling out gross stuff, it always looks like some dark oil, it tastes MUCH better after I melt it down too, all the chemical taste is gone.

If you do this do not overheat, very gently heat.

KonradZuse

I always purge until there is just a film. On some of my smaller runs(an 8th) It happens within a minute that it will evap. I usually give 30 mins for purge time, and my old can come out golden, amber, or if it's shittier stuff than blackish amber is big blobs...

My buddy swears that wax/budder is unpurged, i sometimes laugh at him, but Idk if he's right or not.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
BHO "budder" or "earwax" is made by whipping the butane hash after the purge to oxygenate the oil. Anyone who says that all budder or wax is only made from unpurged butane is misinformed. If you have anymore questions, i'll be happy to answer them to the best of my ability.

--BhT:tiphat:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
If the quality of the material is good and the strain is right, it will wax/budder up by itself without whipping. A great example of a strain that does this is UK Cheese.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
i saw some people saying that recently online; that if it budders its got butane in it, its just some taneanoia going around.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

Veteran
i saw some people saying that recently online; that if it budders its got butane in it, its just some taneanoia going around.

...usually fabricated by people who have investments in alternative methods of hash production :tiphat:

KonradZuse

Just a buddy of mine who was saying it, he said some stuff and had some scientific info that I don't remember, but nothing that said butane had anything to do with it... Seriously you can tell if your stuff is underpurged...

BTW BHT You make me sad as fuck with all that oil :'(.

dope_roor

this is not true

oil i had tested with a gas chromatography-mass spectrometer found no traces of butane, yet as a portion was stashed away to age, it slowly became budder

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So there is some talk around the BHO community that Wax/Budder, which is whipped, is whipping up the butane and leaving it int he solution which causes it to budder up into a non see-through form. I don't know about this, the only time I had budder was when I took my bho and heat whipped it in my dish, 1 time, which it then buddered. The quality of the buds weren't that good either, and I had run more than I usually do. Is there any scientific facts?

Graywolf where are you!? :p

I'm not exactly sure what the mechanisim is that causes cannabis to budder, or all the variables, as I haven't studied it deeply.

Some strains budder all by themselves just aging (self abuse?)and it seems probable that you can go blind beating other strains, without any sign of buddering.

One thing that I am clear on and that is that all budder most definitely doesn't have retained butane in it, even if it is easier to get oil to budder before being fully purged.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
...usually fabricated by people who have investments in alternative methods of hash production :tiphat:

Giving rise to a few thoughts on peoples beliefs, motivations, and actions:

The world is full of people that are damn sure of things that ain't so. Will Rogers

The fish trap exists because of the fish. Anon

The poorer the product, the harder the sell! PT Barnum

jump117

Veteran
whipping amber doesn't really do much for me, usually the amber will go back to its glassy state.
Budder does not meen its underpurged, purged oil I have been told can still be whipped into budder,

So I believe nice purged oil can be whipped into budder,

Anyone who says that all budder or wax is only made from unpurged butane is misinformed.
If you have anymore questions,
i'll be happy to answer them to the best of my ability.

picture.php
Hey BiG H3rB Tr3E! It is ready for whipping?

I always dissolve BHO in ethanol, it allows you to remove the remnants of butane from the resin and insoluble in alcohol fats and waxes dissolved in butane.
In the absolute, thus obtained, the residual butane is replaced by the residual ethanol.
Autobuddering never happens with the Absolute.
I guess the reason is still butane, but not waxes and fats.

Think of the physical properties of non-Newtonian fluid BHO, it is an amazing natural polymer.
Smoothly stretched into a long very thin webs, and rests firmly in response to the rapid and sudden movement.
Perhaps in such material micro particles of butane are encapsulated in the thickness of the resin,
then a very long time to be freed from sticky captivity.
Forced whipping stimulates their release, helping the formation of Budder.

I've never made budder, assuming a solid amber very comfortable texture, not in need of improvement.
But under the influence of the topic, decided to whip a piece of absolute amber.

picture.php

Amber in the melt does not capture the air, but on cooling there is a narrow range of temperature and viscosity, when the bubbles is mixed into the resin.
After half an hour of work turned out like budder, but only in appearance,
since it remains fragile, and when you try to cut off a piece, shards of amber foam jump off into nowhere.

picture.php
picture.php

Plasticity has not acquired. Convenience in use had not increased.
I gave it back the chip form, is now decorated with air bubbles.

picture.php
:)

mad librettist

Veteran
you can make a non-newtonian fluid with the right proportions starch and water. but it won't be as cool as silly putty by any "stretch".

sorry for the pun.

so what is non-newtonian fluid in russian? I only know a few words, like beautiful, thank you, that's my book, hello, etc... why not throw in non-newtonian fluid?

BiG H3rB Tr3E

Veteran
this is not true

oil i had tested with a gas chromatography-mass spectrometer found no traces of butane, yet as a portion was stashed away to age, it slowly became budder

i dont know about that...i made a couple ounces of oil back in 2006 and lost a 1oz vial and found it last year during a move and it was still oil. maybe in very small quantities the extract absorbs the oxygen to cause it to solidify or crystalize?

Lab Results said:
So, having many bubblehead friends who are adamantaly anti-butane and swear that their hash is every bit as potent - i can finally show definitive proof that butane hash is more concentrated and potent than bubblehash. The lab results have confirmed what my lungs have known since day 1. Same strain - different methods of extraction: Ill let the results speak for themself...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

-BhT:tiphat:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is there a chart like that for Oil ???? I also have some old Viles of oil they have not changed in 2 years.