Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Vertical / Colosseum Growing > HEADY BLUNTS -- 400w vert micro cab - 22.5" tall -- organic soil w/ blumats!

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit RB-26 for Great Genetics!
HEADY BLUNTS -- 400w vert micro cab - 22.5" tall -- organic soil w/ blumats! Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2011, 07:09 AM #41

007. will become famous soon enough007. will become famous soon enough007. will become famous soon enough
Yeah, how close are those side ones? If they're far enough, you could perhaps next time have a SCROG running along the sides so that you can train a thicker canopy on the sides.
007. is offline Quote

Old 06-21-2011, 03:38 PM #42
heady blunts
prescription blunts

heady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant future
yea you can spot a couple burned leaves where they grew into the light. that happened a while ago tho and at this point they seem to all have settled nicely with the closest buds maintaining a small distance of at least 3" from the cooltube.

also i've got at least 4-6" left behind each container to move it a little further from the light if i need to.

last round i used parabolic (curved) screen to SCROG everything, but this time around i just felt like seeing how it goes with a bit of training and otherwise left to grow wild.

also if i put a screen in front of the doors i couldn't access anything!

the one thing i'm considering is possibly getting a new bulb even though this one hasn't burned out yet. i've used it for 1 flower and 2 veg cycles. any opinions on that?

heady's maine adventure: gavitas, blumats, and the wicked lobstah mix

. c a n n a b i s . s a v e d . m y . l i f e . <3.F.U.C.K.E.M.F.A.M.<3
heady blunts is offline Quote

Old 06-21-2011, 03:49 PM #43
Fattie

Fattie will become famous soon enoughFattie will become famous soon enough
If you make the money, might as well get the new one, you could still use that one for moms and clones and things.
Fattie is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:57 PM #44
ImaginaryFriend
Fuck Entropy.

ImaginaryFriend is a jewel in the roughImaginaryFriend is a jewel in the roughImaginaryFriend is a jewel in the roughImaginaryFriend is a jewel in the roughImaginaryFriend is a jewel in the roughImaginaryFriend is a jewel in the rough
Your bulb should be okay for at least a year...

If your plan runs long enough, you can get a light meter to measure drops in candlepower for kinda cheap ($35?) (or a quantum meter for $200+)... and you'll have quantitative info on the light being produced by your bulbs.
ImaginaryFriend is offline Quote

Old 06-22-2011, 05:49 PM #45
heady blunts
prescription blunts

heady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant future
okay then no new bulb! "woohoo!" goes my wallet!

Old 06-25-2011, 03:40 PM #46
heady blunts
prescription blunts

bud shot from last night. today marks 5 weeks in flower.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:52 PM #47
guest 77721

mmmm I can smell them from here!

Old 06-26-2011, 01:57 AM #48
heady blunts
prescription blunts

haha right? actually my filter is starting to struggle with the stank.

i did a sweet redesign i'm excited to build. it puts the filter inside the cab and has the fan pulling rather than pushing (more efficient i've been told). between that and removing the 90* bend i think i'm gonna get a significant improvement in my cab's running temperature.

plus it should be more stealth.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:50 AM #49
ImaginaryFriend
Fuck Entropy.

ImaginaryFriend is a jewel in the roughImaginaryFriend is a jewel in the roughImaginaryFriend is a jewel in the roughImaginaryFriend is a jewel in the roughImaginaryFriend is a jewel in the roughImaginaryFriend is a jewel in the rough
It's a good design...

Pulling vs. pushing is a pretty complex dynamic, with lots of factors. If you want more air to moved from one place to another (and the 'other' place's volume is relatively unrestricted), pulling will generally move the most air. If you have a purpose in moving air--i.e. removing heat, scrubbing--turbulence and air to surface contact time start to be relevant, and there become circumstances when pushing is more effective then pulling.

Specifically, there is a hood company that recommends pushing air to remove the most heat. I should probably have a link attached to such a claim... or a degree in fluid mechanics... but I have nothing to offer.

(Pulling through a carbon filter allows easy access to the dust prefilter... pushing can create a challenging dynamic in where and how to place the prefilter.)
ImaginaryFriend is offline Quote

Old 06-28-2011, 04:26 PM #50
heady blunts
prescription blunts

i installed a small 6" blowing across the floor around the bottom of the cool tube and it reduced my canopy temps by 5-10 degrees! woohoo!