Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Grow It! > Growers Forums > Vertical / Colosseum Growing > HEADY BLUNTS -- 400w vert micro cab - 22.5" tall -- organic soil w/ blumats!

Thread Title Search    
Click to download IC Magazine Issue #5
 HEADY BLUNTS -- 400w vert micro cab - 22.5" tall -- organic soil w/ blumats! Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2011, 03:39 PM   #61
gaiusmarius
Supadupamod

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
thats a frigging brilliant little grow. plants look quite happy and well trained. the mites can't do much harm in these last 2 or 3 weeks, cutting infested branches out will just make the mites infest other parts. once you have them it's best to just spray with neem, lavender what ever. i noticed that they will often stay on one strain or pheno and leave the rest alone. but if you take their favorite out they will concentrate on the next ones. you should set up a plate with some eucalyptus oil in it and place it near the plants, they frigging hate that shit and will not be as comfortable reproducing away.
gaiusmarius jest offline   Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:46 PM   #62
heady blunts
prescription blunts

heady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaiusmarius View Post
thats a frigging brilliant little grow. plants look quite happy and well trained. the mites can't do much harm in these last 2 or 3 weeks, cutting infested branches out will just make the mites infest other parts. once you have them it's best to just spray with neem, lavender what ever. i noticed that they will often stay on one strain or pheno and leave the rest alone. but if you take their favorite out they will concentrate on the next ones. you should set up a plate with some eucalyptus oil in it and place it near the plants, they frigging hate that shit and will not be as comfortable reproducing away.
Thanks GM! glad you stopped by.

yea i think you're right about cutting out the branches not really helping. i just couldn't stand to look at it anymore.

also 3 of the 4 plants in the cab are identical, made from cuts of the same mother, so i knew if one started getting affected the rest would follow quickly. monoculture is not something i'm a fan of.

getting back on my lavender regimen seems to have halted their activities. the stuff really works.

i like the eucalyptus idea. i have a ton of trees around my area, do you think i could mulch with their leaves to a similar effect? i wonder if they are allopathic...
brewer
blunts
scrubber
rant

HEADY BLUNTS IS CALIFORNIA PROP 215 AND SB 420 COMPLIANT

. c a n n a b i s . s a v e d . m y . l i f e .
heady blunts jest offline   Quote

Old 07-06-2011, 01:31 AM   #63
heady blunts
prescription blunts

heady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond reputeheady blunts has a reputation beyond repute
it's been so f'n hot!!

my tips are all burning from the heat.

the girls seem to be surviving though...

brewer
blunts
scrubber
rant

Old 07-06-2011, 07:37 AM   #64

007. has a spectacular aura about007. has a spectacular aura about007. has a spectacular aura about
Wow man, looks like they're blowing the fuck up. The swell's done you good.
007. jest offline   Quote

Old 07-06-2011, 07:09 PM   #65
Krshna

Im lovin the cab heady! It makes me want to build little cabnets of weed all over my house! I think Im going to follow suit here and start to trim back some of my jungle... theres only so much tucking I can do, and they always seem to untuck themselves when Im not looking! Keep up the good work, how long do your strains flower for?

Old 07-06-2011, 09:47 PM   #66
heady blunts
prescription blunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007. View Post
Wow man, looks like they're blowing the fuck up. The swell's done you good.
thanks 007! yea this is the best part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krshna View Post
Im lovin the cab heady! It makes me want to build little cabnets of weed all over my house! I think Im going to follow suit here and start to trim back some of my jungle... theres only so much tucking I can do, and they always seem to untuck themselves when Im not looking! Keep up the good work, how long do your strains flower for?
thanks for stoppin in K!

a house filled with cabs like this sounds like a good dream to me

i thought we were gonna be wild and untamed buddies! all these hydro guys probably expect it from us anyway haha

it doesn't seem to make much of a dent when i take off the older leaves. new ones grow back just as fast!

one weird thing i'm noticing is a sort of necrosis on the thinnest, popcorniest bud shoots coming from the base of the plant. i'm pretty sure it's because they are totally shaded out, so they plant is transporting any usable material to more actively growing areas (the buds hopefully). it's like it prunes itself!
brewer
blunts
scrubber
rant

Old 07-07-2011, 03:00 AM   #67
heady blunts
prescription blunts

updates!

the buds are gettin heavy! i had to think quick so i cut out the remaining screen from my scrog frame and used it as a quick support system. it also keeps the branches by the door tucked in so they don't get their leaves caught in the jam.

here you can see my handy work with my velcro strips ftw. also: yum

also i took out the roof in my veg cab and refit the fluorescent lamps so they stay put (turns out velcro doesn't stick very well to masonite).

the babies are for a late season outdoor run i'm going to give a shot at. real land to plant in! and it's all fully legal gotta love cali

i planted four seeds from each of my packs:

mandala:
-beyond the brain
-8 miles high
-satori
-ganesh
-hashberry

DGS:
-dieserella
-OGer 99

also i have 12 cuts from my lovely widow that are rooting

wish me luck!
brewer
blunts
scrubber
rant

Old 07-07-2011, 03:05 AM   #68
heady blunts
prescription blunts

i also got a couple decent bud shots today.

6.5 weeks!

widow

blue dream

brewer
blunts
scrubber
rant

Old 07-07-2011, 03:06 AM   #69
Secretweapon

i wish you lots of luck!

Looks so dank I'm drooling.

cab is sick!

Old 07-07-2011, 07:16 AM   #70

007. has a spectacular aura about007. has a spectacular aura about007. has a spectacular aura about
Did you popcorn treat the top? Does it make a noticeable difference in noise?

Old 07-07-2011, 08:02 AM   #71
heady blunts
prescription blunts

no i didn't do it lol. that's just how the ceiling is in my apartment. i did give it a two coats of primer and another two of flat white to seal it up just in case it's made of asbestos....
brewer
blunts
scrubber
rant

Old 07-07-2011, 10:57 AM   #72

Now I'm confused. How can you see the ceiling of your apartment from inside the cab?

I'm talking about this pic here.

Old 07-07-2011, 01:53 PM   #73
silver hawaiian

silver hawaiian is a survivorsilver hawaiian is a survivorsilver hawaiian is a survivorsilver hawaiian is a survivorsilver hawaiian is a survivorsilver hawaiian is a survivorsilver hawaiian is a survivorsilver hawaiian is a survivorsilver hawaiian is a survivorsilver hawaiian is a survivorsilver hawaiian is a survivor
My guess is the cabinet was there when he moved in, and it's built up to the ceiling itself. (Instead of having it's own "roof.")

AmIrightamIright?

Completed: . . ... More vert lerv . . . . . . . Blumats, vert, n' dirt

"Then they took me by the hand, and they invited me right in.. Then they showed me something, I don't even know where to begin.."

"The tyranny of the hunt will take you by surprise - it'll cloud the most unobstructed eye, the unpliable will ply.."
silver hawaiian jest offline   Quote

Old 07-07-2011, 02:34 PM   #74
heady blunts
prescription blunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver hawaiian View Post
My guess is the cabinet was there when he moved in, and it's built up to the ceiling itself. (Instead of having it's own "roof.")

AmIrightamIright?

yes sir! my bedroom is 11'x12'x8'. the closet runs along the entire 11' wall and is 22.5" deep. the bottom 6' has folding doors and that's where the clothes live like any normal closet. the top 22.5 inches, spanning the entire 11' closet, is a storage cabinet. that's what i'm growing in.

the whole garden lives above my head, and i'm pretty tall

here's a shot from before i built it out:

this pic gives a little perspective:
brewer
blunts
scrubber
rant

Old 07-07-2011, 09:19 PM   #75

Oh I see now. I thought that it was a stand along cabinet. Didn't realize it was built into the room, so to speak. Thanks for clearing that up.