Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Vertical / Colosseum Growing > HEADY BLUNTS -- 400w vert micro cab - 22.5" tall -- organic soil w/ blumats!

Thread Title Search
Click to Upgrade your account
HEADY BLUNTS -- 400w vert micro cab - 22.5" tall -- organic soil w/ blumats! Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2011, 05:08 PM #11
heady blunts
prescription blunts

heady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant future
PC - that's twenty TWO and a half inches to work with. man another two inches would open up a lot of possibilities. you'd be surprised how much useful stuff is 24" tall.

GD - thanks for stopping by.

Eol - yea it seems to be pretty stealthy. with the closet closed it's totally invisible. as for the plants, i've gotten a couple of scorched leaves, but no light bleaching or anything. they are happy as long as they don't actually touch the cool tube. i'm also slowly moving the pots away from the light while the plant stretches. (also i let it veg about two weeks longer than i planned to, so it's way more packed in there than i was prepared for). last round i used parabolic screens to SCROG everything, but i'm just letting shit go wild (with minor LST) this time around.

007 - i dont' get any light leaks from the cool tube. the carbon filter acts as a light filter as well. i also run my lights during the day. there are no light leaks in the cab (including the partition between the mom room and the flower room).

this is my second run so i don't have a set expectation for yield. i'm pretty confident if things keep going the way they're going i'll get well over 4oz. mostly i'm working on healthy plants and excellent quality in the final product. this little closet will never grow enough weed for my needs, so i'm just enjoying the hobby of it until i upgrade to a larger situation.

<3.F.U.C.K.E.M.F.A.M.<3
heady blunts is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:30 AM #12
heady blunts
prescription blunts

heady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant futureheady blunts has a brilliant future
here's a pic from today. 19 days. i hope the stretch stops this week!

<3.F.U.C.K.E.M.F.A.M.<3

Old 06-10-2011, 03:16 PM #13
heady blunts
prescription blunts

velcro and LST are best friends.

i just laid down a few strips on the floor of my cab. voila, adjustable restraints!

<3.F.U.C.K.E.M.F.A.M.<3

Old 06-10-2011, 03:26 PM #14
silver hawaiian

silver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant future

Can't wait. Love challenge!

Completed: . . ... More vert lerv . . . . . . . Blumats, vert, n' dirt

"Then they took me by the hand, and they invited me right in.. Then they showed me something, I don't even know where to begin.."
silver hawaiian is offline Quote

Old 06-10-2011, 03:36 PM #15
pinecone
Sativa Tamer

pinecone is just really nicepinecone is just really nicepinecone is just really nicepinecone is just really nicepinecone is just really nicepinecone is just really nicepinecone is just really nicepinecone is just really nicepinecone is just really nicepinecone is just really nice
Do plants stretch differently in vertical grows? If so, how?

Pine
pinecone is offline Quote

Old 06-10-2011, 03:41 PM #16
heady blunts
prescription blunts

hmm i dunno. i've never done a horizontal grow.

three of these plants are a cut of widow i got from a dispensary. i grew it out last round, so i have an idea of the stretch (~3 weeks, 2.5-3x stretch). the last one is a cut of blue dream i got from a diff dispensary. i have no idea how that one will behave, although so far it's been acting a lot like the widow which is convenient.

SH- pull up a seat!

<3.F.U.C.K.E.M.F.A.M.<3

Old 06-14-2011, 03:54 AM #17
silver hawaiian

silver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant future
Heady

I'm intrigued by the Blumats, been thinking about getting some. (Ran to 3 different hydro stores, plus 2 plain-Jane garden centers on Sunday.. Nobody had even heard of 'em?!)..Pardon my brief inquisition:

How many do you have in each 3 gal pot? One?

Do you use the Blumats or the Blumat Jr.'s?

What is the height of the reservoir in re: the pots? (Above the pots? Below the pots? Same level?)

Completed: . . ... More vert lerv . . . . . . . Blumats, vert, n' dirt

"Then they took me by the hand, and they invited me right in.. Then they showed me something, I don't even know where to begin.."
silver hawaiian is offline Quote

Old 06-14-2011, 03:33 PM #18
heady blunts
prescription blunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver hawaiian View Post
Heady

I'm intrigued by the Blumats, been thinking about getting some. (Ran to 3 different hydro stores, plus 2 plain-Jane garden centers on Sunday.. Nobody had even heard of 'em?!)..Pardon my brief inquisition:

How many do you have in each 3 gal pot? One?

Do you use the Blumats or the Blumat Jr.'s?

What is the height of the reservoir in re: the pots? (Above the pots? Below the pots? Same level?)
SH thanks for stoppin by!

yea i ended up turning my local hydro shop onto blumats and apparently they just bought out the distributor. hehe my plan worked flawlessly. they got all the accessories and everything too.

i use the jr's for my houseplants only. they might be appropriate for keeping bonsai moms under low power fluorescents too.

the regular tropf blumats are ideal for micro growers. instead of watering directly through the ceramic cone (like the jr's), when the medium dries out and tries to pull water out of the blumat, it triggers a valve and opens a drip line. i use 1 per #3 smart pot.

since the system works using gravity, it's essential to have the reservoir high enough above the blumats to achieve the right about of pressure to function properly. i took tropf's "for every 10m of hose 1m of height" rule and divided it. so for every 1m of hose i need .1m of height. so i have about a meter of hose and my res sits 10cm above my emitters. the res is basically at the ceiling, so i use a little pump to refill it from a bucket.

also from the little pamphlet that comes with the patio kit: tropf recommends 1 blumat up to 25cm (container diameter), 2 up to 40cm, and 3 up to 50cm.

the maxis are for really deep pots (like 18"+). they are the same as the originals, just longer, so the sensor sits much deeper in the medium.

check out the main blumat thread.

and the blumats in living soil thread.

<3.F.U.C.K.E.M.F.A.M.<3

Old 06-14-2011, 05:14 PM #19
self
ready for whatever

self is just really niceself is just really niceself is just really niceself is just really niceself is just really niceself is just really niceself is just really niceself is just really nice
This is awesome Heady! really digging the cool tube vertical, i'd like to put a 600w cooltube in my mini-room, and the blumats! well done sir.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:26 PM #20
heady blunts
prescription blunts

would you go vertical?

<3.F.U.C.K.E.M.F.A.M.<3