What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeking Critique on Vert Colosseum SOG concept.

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Looking good Anti. I think ya could either grow bigger plants in them containers or shorten the containers for sure. Pack them bitches in there and trim the foliage if things get too hot and heavy. With so many small plants in such a small space, I really think it would be hard to make things too crowed. You won't get as much per plant packing them in, but then you'll end up using less plants. What the hell are ya after? More bud, eh? Then I say use more plants which will use more of your light.

DHF mentioned that keeping day and night temps within 10 degrees is important. It is, the less difference between the temps, the less spacing between internodes.

Just my 2 cents having grown micro that might be different then a lot of normal growers, use as least Nitrogren during the stretch as possible. More nitrogen definitely creates significant space between internodes.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
They're getting HUGE (comparatively speaking), Shhh. I mean, seriously, I'm a little bit concerned that I'm gonna have some minor height issues by the end of stretch. I may just luck out, though. Tomorrow will be one week since the last update. I will take some new pictures tonight or tomorrow and put 'em up so everybody can see them.

EDIT: Well, I just tried to take some pictures and the battery in the camera as well as the backup battery are both dead.

So... I will attempt to locate the charger and try to get some pics up tomorrow.

Last edited:
D

DHF

Crusader and Major are right about some of the newer digital models on "some" of the equipment , but if purchasing new always go with auto restart for added insurance cuz I`ve heard many nightmare stories bout battery backup units failing and crops baking ta death cuz dehueys would come on and add even more heat with the lights but the a/c`s didn`t come back on and well.....you know the rest.....anyways......

Always overkill on equipment so environments covered and equipment won`t haveta work so hard .....

Good luck Anti....DHF.....:ying:....

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
UPDATE WITH PICS! (7 days since 12/12)

UPDATE WITH PICS! (7 days since 12/12)

So here we are, one week from the last update. It's been one week of 12/12. We should see the beginnings of bud development by next week's pictures. (I deliberately put all of the shortest plants in the center of the top tier in the area between the two lights.)

ONE WEEK OF 12/12

picture.php

^^^ Wide Angle, Whole Room ^^^

picture.php

^^^ Closer to the Action ^^^

picture.php

^^^ Temperature when the doors opened. (77.9 degrees F) ^^^

picture.php

^^^ From the Front Left ^^^

picture.php

^^^ Close Up, Front and Center ^^^

picture.php

^^^ From the Front Right, Looking Down ^^^

picture.php

^^^ Left Rear Corner ^^^

picture.php

^^^ Right Rear Corner ^^^

picture.php

^^^ A View Down Below Between the Lights ^^^

bobblehead

Veteran
ok bro... the disco ball is pimp... but are you seriously leaving it up for the whole grow? Cause mirrors absorb light... and ur not gonna like the looks of the plants in front of it. Other than that, this is awesome! Keep up the amazing work. :D

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
ok bro... the disco ball is pimp... but are you seriously leaving it up for the whole grow? Cause mirrors absorb light... and ur not gonna like the looks of the plants in front of it. Other than that, this is awesome! Keep up the amazing work. :D

The motor for the disco ball is mounted to the ceiling. The disco ball itself is attached to the motor with a twist-tie. I hang it up, take pictures, then take it back down again. (If I left it in there, I'd already have 2 plants TOUCHING it full time.) By the end of the grow, I'm not certain there will be anywhere for it to hang. I do my best to avoid contact with buds up until the moment that I am about to smoke them. I'm certainly not gonna abuse any of them in order to hang up a disco ball.

Thanks for your concern, though. :)

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
sorry its taken so long to chime in on this, but everything is looking great
anti!, actually setting up something very similar but with 2x600 instead. keep it rocking dude.

G

greenmatter

everything is looking great anti ...... i can't say enough times how sweet that system looks. well planned , well executed K fuckin'+++++++++++

immortal

looking great anti. I might have to build 1 of these in my attic. If any plants get too tall you can actually break the stem in two places and carefully fold the stem back on itself. the plant may wilt a bit but will recover in a few days.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Cool pics bruh, disco ball ftw! :D

I forgot about the bottom tier as most pics u do are of above for obvious reasons. They're looking nice I think this will turn out well.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anti;

EVerything looks so good! wow...I'm really impressed.....if your plants get too high, hang chicken wire on ceiling then you can tie the plants into them for the HERBAL WIN!

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Cool pics bruh, disco ball ftw! :D

I forgot about the bottom tier as most pics u do are of above for obvious reasons. They're looking nice I think this will turn out well.

In the first pictures, when they were still tiny, I kept them all on the top row just to make things easier on myself. Once they got to be 6" or taller, I just started moving the tallest ones down to the bottom tier. So in the most recent update, that's the first set of pictures where the plants are making use of both tiers.

From here on out, it should get pretty exciting.

looking great anti. I might have to build 1 of these in my attic. If any plants get too tall you can actually break the stem in two places and carefully fold the stem back on itself. the plant may wilt a bit but will recover in a few days.

I dropped 5 of them the other day being a little careless and one of them suffered an injury similar to what you've just described. So I will be more careful with them from here on out and I will keep that in mind if anybody gets too tall on me.

Anti;

EVerything looks so good! wow...I'm really impressed.....if your plants get too high, hang chicken wire on ceiling then you can tie the plants into them for the HERBAL WIN!

I'm gonna get a bunch of 2 ft. tall plant spikes and tie each plant to its own spike (in its own pot) so that I can attempt to keep them on course. Good idea with the marlo-netting on the ceiling. I'll have to keep that in mind.

Thanks for everybody's suggestions and comments. I'll update again around wednesday or so.

5th

Veteran
lol...if this works half as well as your cab...your gonna have more herb per square inch then I think I've ever seen in a grow.

Latest posts

Latest posts