What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Cab Club

M

m00nchild

I've always really liked all the club threads that people do. It's one of the best way to see a themed variety of stuff, no matter what the theme is. And since no one seems to participate in the Mills Pride Club anymore, I thought I'd attempt to make a new one. It can be an offshoot of the other one, or a continuance, but let's at least open this one up to ANY brand or type of cabinet. As long as it is some type of "cabinet" and offers some form of stealth, then post it here!

I'll go first. I got many of my ideas from all the old hollowed-out dressers I used to do, back in the OG days. Nimby was my primary inspiration, then followed by newganjaboy. But in the last few years I've been paying attention to the people using the mills pride cabs, and have wanted to setup a tall, wardrobe-type cab with a slightly smaller footprint than the mills pride ones. I finally found exactly what I was looking for at Walmart of all places, for $54. It is 22" x 15" x 60", which I think will be the perfect footprint for my needs. It's still under construction at the moment, but here is what I have so far:

Got some Hashberries germinating up there in the small chamber. The bottom portion of the cab is still waiting for its 250w HPS which is on its way now, along with the carbon scrubber. Now, please, everyone start posting their grow cabs here, so that people will have a one stop shop to get ideas, and to just, revel in the beauty of these all-in-one systems. I want a good club for people who grow in any kind of cabinet!! :jump:

Last edited:
M

m00nchild

Yes, it is light proof. In that first pic up above, the lights are on inside. I am using darkroom louvers for the intake, and for where the flowering and veg chambers meet. Any remaining light leaks are taken care of with foam tape and weather stripping. And the exhaust hole will be lightproofed once I attach the carbon scrubber to the blower.

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
So... why do we need a new cabinet growers thread? The Mills Pride Club has been around for a long time, and is filled with information.

M

m00nchild

Yeah, well this thread is about all cabinets, not just mills pride ones, which don't even exist anymore, so that thread is dated. It's a good thread though, I like it. :)

This is the new club. We have punch and pie here.

Relentless

Veteran
currently i use tents, but I want to go more stealth and have a small dresser to house my bonsai mums and a large armoire for flower with a 600 watter.. very soon.. cant wait to see more posts in here!

MR_MOTA

hello every one.. whats up m00n? this is my first post and i thought i would share my cab. its 71Hx16Dx22W with a 150 hps n i plan on adding four 26w cfl's (6500k). i have 100 cfm axial fan located on the top shelf for exhaust and a 22 by 4 inch intake at the bottom. i shuda broke it up into two chambers like urs m00n.. maybe in the future. its in my garage and since summers on the way im not to sure ill be able to fire her up..:frown: i live in the south west and it hits a 105 in my garage in july. any one have any ideas on how i could keep the cab cool without having to insulate and cool the entire garage? i was thinkin of gettin a small window ac unit and putting it on the bottom and takin the humidifier out. would a 5000 btu ac be overkill??? lol. any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0810.jpg
    IMG_0810.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0812.jpg
    IMG_0812.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0818.jpg
    IMG_0818.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0664.jpg
    IMG_0664.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 32
M

m00nchild

Hey thanks for contributing! I was thinking that since you live in the SW and the air is very dry out there, you might be able to get away with an evaporative cooler in your garage... don't quote me on that... I live in a humid swamp. But other than that, what I would do is try to set the cab in a place in your garage where you can actually pull cool air from your house as the intake, and then you can exhaust right into the garage. It's the only thing I can think of, and it's probably what I would do if I were in your situation.

You could also try going with equatorial and/or other heat-resistant strains. One of Mandala Seeds' claims to fame is that all of their strains are heat resistant. I'd check into them, for real. They are the only genetics I use anymore.

Okay, now we're getting this club rolling! Anyone else want to share their cabinet?

MR_MOTA

hmm. hadnt thought bout pullin air from the house. i got up in the attic and i think i can route the ac vent in my laundry room in to the garage and then vent it into my box sum how.. gunna look into this a little further. it would also be cheaper than running another ac...

M

m00nchild

That's another route! It would give you that much colder air for your intake, so I guess you could go overkill on the wattage if you wanted. I think still I would just pull air from the house, using a passive intake on the cab. Depends on what you're going for, I guess.

M

m00nchild

Don't lose hope Mr Mota. We just have to get people to come in here and show us their cabinets! I'll try to find some people who would like to post in here. Give me about a day or so... ;)

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
When I started growing indoors, I built 2 identical C22 cabs. Both are configured exactly the same:

600HPS
Vortex600
Can50 or Can66
Two 8x8 darkroom louvers on the side (only 2 panels used), and four 4" darkroom louvers lining the back next to the floor.

Operated individually, each box runs 1-2F above ambient.

BOX_436s.jpg

BOX_433s.jpg

BOX_434s.jpg

The lovers have a 16x25 furnace filter located on the outside of the cab. I used the louvers for one main reason - they're flat and take no extra space

BOX_435s.jpg

One of the four 4" louvers. You can see another behind a plant on its right.

BOX_437s.jpg

I love having a power strip inside. The electrical tape covers a lit switch. The blue electric box holds the dimmer for the fan accessible on the outside of the box.

BOX_438s.jpg

The cab, as seen by someone walking into the room.

BOX_439s.jpg

BOX_440s.jpg

The butt end of a Can66.

Simon

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
Great thread. I love cabinet growing!

Here's my flower chamber, full of plants (inspired by NGB, of course:

picture.php

And here's the veg chamber (holes through to the flower room are now fitted with PVC light traps):

picture.php

M

m00nchild

Right on, thanks guys!! Let's keep this thread growing and growing and GROWING!!

:jump:

Tropic

Nice thread m00child. I'll be setting up a cab in the next weeks, and this sounds like a nice place to share some info, see what solutions others have thought of to face problems or questions that could be common to cab growers.
:joint:

MR_MOTA

oh wow... im late to the party, any more pie left m00n? nice cabs simon n k.j. i hope log in to another surprise tomorrow.

Latest posts

Latest posts