Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > The Mill's Pride Club

Thread Title Search
The Mill's Pride Club Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2006, 09:28 AM #1
sumo
----------

sumo is on a distinguished road
The Mill's Pride Club

Hey, when Maliboo started the legendary C-13 club noone knew how ubiquitous these cabs would become. C-13,C-22,C-1,C-24 and so on. They are heavy as hell and no two are exactly alike. It isn't a grow cab it is a lifestyle. It is in this spirit that I attempt to jumpstart this think tank of collective wisdom. With the inclusive name of The Mill's Pride Club it encompasses all who had a spare $100 and a Home Depot within an hours drive. It also represents personal use growers. These are the growers who are trying to please themselves the toughest critic. Trying to achieve the highest quality for the least amount of output. Dig? Not the Commercial grower. I have not felt threatened by all this hoo ha but am concerned for those with commercial interests for where will I get my affordable genetics? I appreciate all who have taken risks for my benefit. I became a member of Overgrow because I appreciated and believed in them. Still do. You want your heroes to be perfect? Tear down my grow? Someone has to keep going and I bet those cool headed Mill's Pride growers didn't skip a beat. Hell we have to keep going or we run out. Subsistance growing, trying to stay within misdemeanor laws in our state. You're still there right?

Last edited by sumo; 02-13-2006 at 09:56 AM..
sumo is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:25 AM #2
Jnugg

Jnugg is a jewel in the roughJnugg is a jewel in the roughJnugg is a jewel in the roughJnugg is a jewel in the roughJnugg is a jewel in the roughJnugg is a jewel in the rough
Sup Sumo!

I remember reading some of your threads when I was setting up my C13.I wish I would have went with the 250 HPS over the 400 HPS but hey whats a little more money spent when you are trying to perfect your grow to suit your every demand and need right!

Any other Mills Pride Growers out there?

Last edited by Jnugg; 03-01-2006 at 05:32 AM..
Jnugg is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2006, 04:58 AM #3
sumo
----------

I started with 250w hps and used it for 3 1/2 grows. Then upgraded to 400w hps and use it for whole grow. I thought I would put 250w back in for veg but am too lazy. Burning the 400w 24 hrs right now on some AK48 two week old seedlings. They will need all that wattage soon enough. I didn't start a bunch of threads. Mostly just the third incarnation of c-13 club and sumo's c-13.
sumo is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2006, 05:42 AM #4
Jnugg

Jnugg is a jewel in the roughJnugg is a jewel in the roughJnugg is a jewel in the roughJnugg is a jewel in the roughJnugg is a jewel in the roughJnugg is a jewel in the rough
Well seing as I have never worked with anything but 400 watt and 430 watt HID'S,have a C13 and you my friend had a 250 in one I have a few good questions for you.

Would the 250 be a good option in a dual stage (perpetual ie;flower and veg sections) C13?

I know that it could be pulled off with a 400 watt HID in a cool tube and some serious climate control although that is more power than I would wish to pay for

On average how dense of buds does a 250 watt HID produce if used in a small SOG or small in general garden (small as in plants no taller than a foot to a foot and a half max)?

I know the 400's give good results and even better when growing a 100% indica,just wondering how a 250 would yeild in my "planned" setup.

I was hoping to get a 250/270 watt HPS in a store bought 6" kool tube (MD Hydro has the best deal) and for the first grow connect a 6" x4" reducer on the cool tube so I can continue using my 4" 170 cfm inline (plan on upgrading to a 449cfm 6" vortex with ss speed controller).

The Veg/clone section ould be lit by either Four 27 watt CFL's or four 2' dual bulb fluoro fixtures and be vented by means of active exhuast (small axial fans) and passive intakes.

I hope to make the flower section at the top and make it about 3.5'-4' tall and the veg section at the bottom about 2'-2.5' tall.

Do you think the veg section would have enough room for say 6-10 clones,6 veging plants (1 week max) and a small bonsai mother?

Thanks for any help you could provide sumo,and great to see yet another fellow OG'er here at IC.

Last edited by Jnugg; 03-01-2006 at 05:33 AM..
Jnugg is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2006, 06:55 AM #5
sumo
----------

I use a 400w hps with a simple gull wing reflector. My c13 is in a basement with ambient temps around 70f. If your ambient temps are around this you dont need cool tube in my opinion. I too run a 4" inline and with adequate intakes they move some air. Mine blows into SIS homemade carbon filter and the speed control is on low. Still with no canopy the temperature is 80f. With canopy the temerature is low 70's. I would start simple and complicate as needed.
sumo is offline Quote

Old 02-15-2006, 12:27 AM #6

400w MH/HPS switchable and a 210cfm and scrubber all in a C25 with 6 plants at week 2 of flower right now.

Old 02-15-2006, 12:31 AM #7
Bucket Boy
"Finger Lickin Good"

Bucket Boy is on a distinguished road
Mills Pride

Whats the biggest of all the cabinets?
Dimensions also..

Thanks

MY BONG IS BIGGER THAN YOURS
Bucket Boy is offline Quote

Old 02-15-2006, 01:06 AM #8
Jnugg

BucketBoy.....The biggest was the C24? (Back when they offered the originals like C13) and I beleive it measured 2' D x 4'-4.5' W x 6' Tall.

I Know the new one measures 18" x 4' x 6'

JumblyJoe....Like the setup.How in the hell did you manage to stuff all that ducting in there bro

Last edited by Jnugg; 03-01-2006 at 05:33 AM..
Jnugg is offline Quote

Old 02-15-2006, 02:34 AM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnugg
BucketBoy.....The biggest was the C24? (Back when they offered the originals like C13) and I beleive it measured 2' D x 4'-4.5' W x 6' Tall.

I Know the new one measures 18" x 4' x 6'

JumblyJoe....Like the setup.How in the hell did you manage to stuff all that ducting in there bro
I learned as I went.

Lessons:
- 400W aint EVER getting cooled by PC fans. Ever. Anyone who tells you otherwise lives in Canada.
- I went C25 for smaller footprint, but once you add PVC pipes for intake, I lost too much floor space internally - B&H photo for darkroom velours, sooo much better, and 100% light proof.
- I bought something with a hood, then needed to go cooltube to keep temps down, and the cooltube was 6" instead of 4" like my fan and all holes were, and the cooltube is "slightly" too wide for a c25 as well.

If I was to rebuild, I would sell the 4" fan and C25 to a local buyer and go C22 (wider) and a 6" vortex to pick up the extra cubic feet. (and get rid of those damned 4/6 reducers

Old 02-15-2006, 03:20 AM #10
Jnugg

Yeah,I am in the south and even in the winter warm temps can be a bitch.I have found that since my outdoor climate is the way it is that I need to blast my central A/C all day and night and that costs way too much money,notinterested in a portable A/C either.

I use an air cooled hood and it is my thought that you get way better/more efficient air cooling with a cool tube (6") ie; less time for the warm air to circulate in the hood meaning greater cooling overall.

Maybe I will try with the 400 and a cooltube but I really just don't think that that is my best bet seeing as I am trying to keep my elec. bill as close to it is now with just the 400 HPS and 4" inline exhuast fan.

I figured if a dual stage were to be done that that would be my best bet becuase I my self can easily smoke an ounce to and ounce and a half or more in a month and I am supplying my other half aswell.

With a 250 in a cool tube I could easily use a 6" inline ran on a ss speed controller at low setting and get optimum cooling and ventilation for the flowering section.

a 130cfm fan cooling a 250 watt HID would make your grows temps about 6 degrees fairenheight above ambient and a 265cfm fan would keep it 3-4F above ambient and finally a 400cfm would keep temps 1-2 degrees above ambient.

Cool tube is the way to go when battling temps inmo and that is what I will be getting next month.I'll have to make due with my 4" 170cfm inline though and some 6" x 4" reducers to attach ducting from the kool tube to the fan.Then in april I'll buy some Fluoro fixtures and axial fans unless temps become to unreasonable then I will just go ahead and get the 6" inline and speed controller and hold off on the fuoros and axials for another month.

This is a good thread and hopefully we can keep it going....

Last edited by Jnugg; 03-01-2006 at 05:34 AM..
Jnugg is offline Quote