What's new

The Cab Club

bt5

yo whats up peeps im doing my first growcab, im 3 weeks into flower ill post some pics when i get my camera ina couple of days.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Hi guys, here's a peewee cab. CFLs in veg and 150HPS cool tube/bat wing in flower, 95CFM exhaust and about 6*f above ambient.

Here's the intake light trap. I like used dryer sheets for the intake filters.

The trap is a panel approx 1/2" smaller than the cab floor and raised an inch above to allow air to pass and still block light.

5th

Veteran
Hi folks

Hi folks

I was hoping someone was gonna start a thread with different cabs in it. Good job m00n.

Well my cabs currently under construction and I would like some input from fellow cabbers. Nothing I've done is absolute and theres always room for changes. I've just been trying different things and seeing what works best.

Last edited:

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
Nice box, GMG!

On a personal note, I'm really surprised by how many folks are using darkroom louvers. The idea really took-off. :tiphat:

Simon

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
I was hoping someone was gonna start a thread with different cabs in it. Good job m00n.

Well my cabs currently under construction and I would like some input from fellow cabbers. Nothing I've done is absolute and theres always room for changes. I've just been trying different things and seeing what works best.

Looks like the cab is coming along really well. Have you considered using a quality, ready-made reflector in lieu of the current setup? The difference in light intensity isn't subtle.

Simon

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
w99_7w_004s.jpg

To give an idea as to what can come out of a box with a bigass light, this is the first of the Monsters to be harvested. She flowered for just about 10 weeks from seed.

w99_7w_006s.jpg

Just to show another thing I'm about to harvest, since there's no one else to see it, this is a FMS Widowrella (WWxC99). I grew it in the main room and it really doesn't pertain to this thread, so I hope you can forgive my indulgence.

...about to grab the scissors; it'll be a long night...

Simon

Bengi

Here's my stealth set-up. Closet consists of a 4" elicent exhaust fan (152cfm) pulling air through a 4" (200cfm) phat filter using 5" insulated ducting. On top of my cab I have a exhaust filter I made out of a plastic garbage can and some old sheet comforters to dampen the sound. Cab lined in poly panda. 12"x24" darkroom vent. Also built a shelf in the bottom to raise my plants more level with the vent to get better air flow. The air purifier outside on top of my cab is cosmetic. The little sound of air (isnt much), most people would assume its from it, not my cab.

Lightproof, quiet, odor free and stealth. Cant ask for much more... other then a bigger cab maybe :)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

5th

Veteran
Great pics guys. Two or three of those girls Simon n' I'd be a happy guy. I've full intentions on using the reflector that came with the light...just need to mod it so it'll fit proper.

Very stealthy Benji I can relate with the "bigger cab" comment.

I'm hoping to have mine finished up this weekend if time will allow.

5th

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
Great pics guys. Two or three of those girls Simon n' I'd be a happy guy.

Thanks. FWIW, there were 5 plants in the box. I forget the exact dimensions of the floor - ~18"x~43". Less than 6ft2. :plant grow:

Simon

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Cab love

Cab love

220w PLL lights. I use one PC fan for exhaust when it's not summer. The top box is a carbon filter. My landlord and a random worker walked 2 metres past this a bunch of times in early flower. It looks completely normal from the front. I've since added a cardboard flap over the rear intakes to block all the light.

picture.php

Nice work everybody :)

M

m00nchild

Sweet! The club is taking off! :) I'm expecting my 250 to arrive tomorrow, which means I'll finally be able to finish the bottom portion of my cabinet this weekend. I can't wait! Anyway, I hope everyone is feeling welcomed and settled in.

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Thanks all! I got just under 4 and a quarter oz on that first run pictured, with one plant. I've been having various issues since then, I tried organic soil, unfamiliar strains, summer, etc, so I haven't been able to reproduce those results yet.

Props to m00nchild for making the thread.

Latest posts

Latest posts