What's new

vietnamese black info wanted

Weedninja

It was always my understanding that VB was a hybrid between a Vietnamese landrace and an indica. Just a guess, but I would put my money on South Vietnam where U.S. troops were stationed.

southernstoner

the momma to the strain i have going is a landrace vietnamese black...mainly wondering lattitude and altitude of area its from...SS

S

Scorpion

the momma to the strain i have going is a landrace vietnamese black...mainly wondering lattitude and altitude of area its from...SS
VB or viet black is not a landrace...
it is a hybrid of South Vietnamese female and a Northern Vietnamese/Chinese border male
which by now with all of the generations made from it ,should be showing some stability in the seed .
the taste is Black Licorice...the high is trippy and spacey.
indoors expect to go 12 weeks minimum...
outdoors...20 degrees lat. or less,
or use a greenhouse.
I have an old photo of a lovely Black female grown from seed by my bud
Clouds of Smoke .

scorpion

S

Scorpion

it is a hybrid of South Vietnamese female and a Northern Vietnamese/Chinese border male
which by now with all of the generations made from it ,should be showing some stability in the seed .
or use a greenhouse.
Clouds of Smoke .

scorpion
here she is...

...you can almost hear the Hueys comeing in...

It was always my understanding that VB was a hybrid between a Vietnamese landrace and an indica. Just a guess, but I would put my money on South Vietnam where U.S. troops were stationed.

Weedninja is correct, the Vietnamese Black is hybrid cross between a Vietnamese landrace and a Chinese Indica. To the best of my knowledge, the region of origin was never mentioned.

D

Dalaihempy

Vietnamese x Chinese indica if i rember right but you only need to look at the pic to relise its not a pure asian sat.

southernstoner

thanks for the replies good people...i am running black forrest that was created by REV...50% viet black and 50% hawaiian cherry bomb...supposed to go 16 weeks in flower when raised from seed...i am at 32deg lat and chatted with someone at 41deg that was able to finish it outside at end of oct...probably in a greenhouse...didnt ask...got a 20 week strain and a 24 week strain...will take serious dedication on those...SS

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ive just germed some black forrest seeds!

according to REV, his vietnam black IS a Jungle Landrace - that is how he described it and i have no reason to doubt it. there is a thread about it at skunk mag where he hangs out

got 3 seedlings, here are two of them

picture.php

the black forrest plants i have seen are much more sat. looking than scorpion's pic.

black forrest is vietnam black x hawaiian cherry bomb (which is hawaiian sativa x cherry ak47)

we should start a Black Forrest thread!

ive smoked some btw and it is the 'highest' sativa i or my mate has ever smoked - and we've tried a few!

N

NOYB

according to REV, his vietnam black IS a Jungle Landrace - that is how he described it and i have no reason to doubt it. there is a thread about it at skunk mag where he hangs out
Yes from what I understand Rev used pure Viet landrace and not VBlack in Black Forrest. He'll say that what most have out there and what is called VBlack is a Viet hybrid as others have said. Even though the cross is 50/50 it's Viet dominant cause that Cherry Bomb male was pretty much transparent in all of the crosses it was used in...also gladiator land race genetics like that tend to take over in any cross...like his Cherry Malawi. I got a few rooted CM babies and they look insane...in a craze sat way...yikes!

Hopefully by the end of the year Rev will have more pure Viet landrace beans to work with. They for sure will be collected by a trusted source from way out in the jungle :D

J

Jydsk

Kinda funny how the Rev's name get's mentioned these last couple days...he sure does have a knack at gettin'/makin fine outstanding herb and a kool dude to boot aswell :joint:

I think he deserves some recognition for the amount of work he has put into the scene.....just my :2cents:

I've smoked some VB before. As for appearance, she's nothing to brag about, but the high/buzz is racy and tends to be felt throughout the body.

The person who's VB I partook finished at over 14 weeks.

--Herbsman_OS

or use a greenhouse.
Clouds of Smoke .

scorpion

:yummy:
VB in stock anywhere?
Sorry for getting off topic.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
The VB I have grown was not a hybrid, full on sativa. I got males and hermis, hope for better luck next batch.
H

southernstoner

one thing i have noticed on the black forrest is that the original plants from seed have wide leaves like indica dom at first...the older they get the longer and skinnier the leaves get...and the clones all seem to have narrower leaves...SS

Attachments

• IM000811.jpg
    IM000811.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IM000812.jpg
    IM000812.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IM000813.jpg
    IM000813.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IM000814.jpg
    IM000814.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 21
J

JackKerouac

The Vietnam Black that I had from Brazilian Seed company was a wild pure sativa, not a hybrid.

D

Dalaihempy

Originally a cross of a female from southern Vietnam/Saigon, it has been crossed with a male northern Vietnam/China. Originating from Vietnamese genetics brought back to North America in 77, she's an extremely potent exotic sativa.

Not recommended for medical users: usually resulting in shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, raised blood pressure, leans towards paranoia. Her sweet tropical ripe mango scent and sickly sweet taste will speak for itself. Vigorous strong brancher and top heavy, support recommended.

A very heavy yield compensates for a longer flowering period.

Indoor Specs: Flowering time: 9+ weeks, Height 150 cm, Yield: 1+ gm/watt. Original Auction Description

Sorry but no pure asian sativas going to finish in that time most will be luccky to even sex in that time.