What's new

Bubble Hash From Vaped Weed?

I was just wondering if anyone has ever attempted or gotten bubble hash from their used vaporized herb? There just has to be a way to extract the remaining medication before throwing the stuff out..
Thanks
pepe :joint:

S

Space Ghost

i doubt you'll get any bubble from vapor poo because the gland heads and stalks are withered and fragmented. You'd probably gum up your bags pretty bad with the powders from the toasted plant matter. Those are just my thoughts, never tried it... what i do with my vapor poo is grind it up and extract the goodies with everclear(95% grain alcohol) then drink the nasty concoction (well, after running it through a couple coffee filters) and it is very effective... to say the least...

T

TrichyTrichy

You will get all cannabinoids. It will be potent-at least in brownies/blondies it was in my exp.
For me the cannabinoids are not helpful. Gives me the blues

S

Space Ghost

^^^THC, CBD, CBN ect are all cannabinoids... what im saying is that im confused with your statement...

T

TrichyTrichy

THC is vaped away-none of it left
It's the part of the herb that is medicinal for me.

S

Space Ghost

ah, ok. But from my own experiences with vaped weed, i believe that there is SOME (not much) THC left, so you could at least make some use of your vaped weed, if not for you, then for a friend... i don't know...

Thank You Space Ghost, I will heed your advise. However the everclear.. that would kick my butt man!! any other thing to do with it? How about canna butter? Hey another question. I have a box and whip wand, it has collected a bottle of oil the last year. Is that of any worth medicinally?

T

TrichyTrichy

I vape my meds twice. So dunno- but the brownies and blondies will knock you for 48 hours or you may get a headache. Hey some peeps like it.

S

Space Ghost

Thank You Space Ghost, I will heed your advise. However the everclear.. that would kick my butt man!! any other thing to do with it? How about canna butter? Hey another question. I have a box and whip wand, it has collected a bottle of oil the last year. Is that of any worth medicinally?

I dilute the everclear with orange juice (right before you drink it) and it is somewhat palatable, it's still a bit nasty but beat taking a shot of everclear. You can use a real small amount of everclear and a lot of vaped weed so you only need about a tablespoon of liquid. The oil you speak of is chemically active and can be easily injested by being dissolved in alcohol or smeared on a joint or cigarette (if that's your thing) As far as the butter goes, it works just fine, but the vaped weed leaves a foul taste that is near impossible to filter out of the butter/oil. Thats why i use alcohol, so i can injest it quickly and just be done with it... I hope I can be of some help to you...

Wow That is a very small amount of everclear. do you seep the herb for a long time prior? I may have to try that. And how much herb to an ounce of everclear?
I had some of that oil on my fingers the other day from cleaning, and licked it... wow it was strong. I could feel it kicking in instantly.
OK friend, thanks for your help man!

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
you could probably do up to 5-6 grams of herb for one shot of everclear... though id recommend a ratio of 1 shot to about 3 grams of herb.

you should steep the herb for awhile, but it depends on if you add heat because through the use of gentle heat you can accelerate the infusion process. Just sitting on a shelf id give it at least a week.. but heating it mildly like 130-140 fahrenheit or so will greatly speed up the extraction to hours instead of days.

other nice options for tincture ingestion - sweetened green tea lets the flavor of the tincture shine if its a tasty one
-lemonade works very well
-pressed apple juice/apple cider is also excellent.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I stripped the remaining cannabinoids by cooking the herb in Everclear for thirty minutes, decanting the liquid and repeating. I then cooked down all the liquid to see what was left.

When I was almost down to just oil (hot roily super saturated solution), I added cold alcohol to drop the temperature suddenly and filtered the liquid through a permanent coffee filter to see what would flocculate out. I then cooked the remaining liquid the rest of the way down to get a second pull.

After drying, the brown non sticky flocculent (hash) provided a head buzz, though of low short intensity, as most of the cannabinoids had already been stripped. I nor any of the test panel noted a body reaction, though it may have been missed in the background medication.

The oil left in the bottom of the jar after the final cook off was also not sticky and crumbled when manipulated. It lacked the dark green chlorophyll typical of ethyl alcohol extraction. It tasted nuttier than regular hash, but had a bitter aftertaste when ingested.

Gray Wolf

I was just wondering if anyone has ever attempted or gotten bubble hash from their used vaporized herb? There just has to be a way to extract the remaining medication before throwing the stuff out..
Thanks
pepe :joint:

miaumiau

ICMag Donor
i have made oil from vaped herb....not good....lets say good for people without demand...but not for the serious smoker...

J

Jeff Lebowski

Cook with it and send someone to the hospital or put your seasoned friends to test. Vaped edibles > unvaped edibles. I vape to dark brown, not black and I get mostly everything. Yet, every time I cook to make edibles or rubs I am blown away by the potency. I would never use anything green for cooking ever again after finding out about the potential in vaporized material.

Seriously, no joke!

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Cook with it and send someone to the hospital or put your seasoned friends to test. Vaped edibles > unvaped edibles. I vape to dark brown, not black and I get mostly everything. Yet, every time I cook to make edibles or rubs I am blown away by the potency. I would never use anything green for cooking ever again after finding out about the potential in vaporized material.

Seriously, no joke!
I dont know about the vaped aspect of what you are saying but i must agree that i have been more high off of weed/trim that was kiefed first and then made into butter. I get super blown off of butter made that way too.

hey guys....i also make cannabutter outta my vape poo...works great, doesn't taste the best, but i add it in with hot meals, like rice and stir fry...first time i way overdid it, and me and my girl got fucked up high...she had to get up at 8 am and was till ripped as could be....great times...i usually do 20 grams of poo, and 1.5-2 sticks of butter, then just make cannabutter how ya do normally, i know everybody has their own way....peace

GKN

J

Jeff Lebowski

Chubby, try it you won't be displeased or you might be, depending on how high you get. Even the most seasoned stoners, a dispensary owner told me that my edibles are too potent to sell in the pharmacy. But, he did want them for his personal stash. heheh :)
My rub turns my mechanical knee into goo as well. Try it please :) :)

After cooking with vaped bud, which tastes exactly like green bud, I would never use unvaped material to cook with. Why waste it if you can medicate and then reuse.

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah making butter is great with vaped poo, i cant believe how much i threw out before i realized that i could have cookies, and treats all day long at work.

now i make a "butter run" every 3 to 4 weeks.
i am not 100% on this but i think its better to use the butter in things that are not cooked too much ie: on toast, rice krispies, garlric herb & butter sauce. I get way more of an effect from those rather then cookies and brownies that get cooked in the oven for a period of time.

J

Jeff Lebowski

Never go above 325 max for baking or cooking. I get sick off the taste of butter alone so I am sort of forced to mix it in recipes.

Oh yah, I also want to state I do not eat my edibles. It only took one time of having a panic attack from my edibles to realize it's above even my tolerance level. However, people looking to trip balls - on an acid scale - love my cooking, but still say it's almost too potent to just be pot. I mean, vaped pot....even better :)

Latest posts

Latest posts