What's new

Rare Dankness Scott's OG, 501st OG, Starkiller OG, and Leroy OG

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
man that venom looks like some serious smoke for sure..........

man moon does some very nice work on thoes gentics...........

oh what smell do you got commin off that vemon?

TheStrainMan

Veteran
Venom smells like a pure OG kush, but with some chemical'y undertones. She smells more like standard OG than the other two. Least favorite is the Scott's OG cause I don't like earthy/wet soil smelling strains. Both of my Scott's exhibit this trait. Same reason I don't like the Flo. Just not my bag baby.

greenluv707

yup im starting to think the vemon og is a hidden jem in the moonshines seed collection......

lets see some dried pix of her strainman........well done buddie well done.........

whiteberrieS

With A Black Flag Raised In The Sky
Veteran
501st is a beast. Venom looks like she's gonna have them purdy, purdy nuggets. & Pure OG smell what's that? Haha. it's been a long while since I've smelled that pure OG funk.

well only 3 of my 10 501 og popped.....right next to them....8/8 green crack x blue thai popped......not sure what I did wrong.....hope there all females.

Adrift

Veteran
im having some questionable germ rates myself on the rugburn og, not to start any negative drama, im just bummed is all... only 4 of 10 have popped. hoping atleast a few more break out soon!

either way im sure i will find a keeper out of my 4 so no complaints! haha

you got some nice looking plants there! enjoy :)

TheStrainMan

Veteran
501st is a beast. Venom looks like she's gonna have them purdy, purdy nuggets. & Pure OG smell what's that? Haha. it's been a long while since I've smelled that pure OG funk.

Venom has the most taco-ing frosty leaves of the bunch. Those are going to be vaped at a lower temperature in the volcano.

OG smell is unique in the cannabis world and hard to describe, but I used to have a boss who's after shave or cologn smelled like it. Every damn time he walked by it made me wanna puff. You know it when you smell it. Everytime. Guarenteed.

whiteberrieS

With A Black Flag Raised In The Sky
Veteran
Indeed. Havent seen the original in a couple years, everything's tahoe, yoda, and sour these days. Venom look like she's gonna yield nice?
Since you mention tacoleaf I gotta bust out mine....Not the frostiest but it makes me wanna throw some grinder weed in there, roll it up and let it dry for a pure joint piece...
picture.php
:D

TheStrainMan

Veteran
sorry to hear of the germination troubles... I don't have any Rugburn experience but for mine, I used moist paper towels in un-sealed baggies elevated a few inches above a seedling heat pad; all inside one of those clear plastic humidity domes people use for cloning. Thermometer was steady at 92 degrees at seed level, and the paper towels were wet, but never dripping with water nor allowed to lose moisture. Always wash hands before touching the paper towels so not to introduce any tiny life that can rot the seeds. I recently did a test run like this of 40 beans of which maybe 36 or 37 popped just fine. Of those, I could only keep four to not exceed my legal limit in Colorado. Three of the four, I showcased in this journal.

... and they say pure hazes are the most challenging to grow. Baloney, it's the OG's! Too damn delicate like orchids.

In my experience with popping a few handfuls now, OG's aren't as forgiving in all germination environments as others I've noticed. Also their seeds are fricken weak, too, requiring a minimum curing time that could vary from crop to crop. They are susceptible to EVERY fungus and pest imagineable, and then ya gotta watch out for high humidity levels and good ventilation which can easily grow mold inside the dense, almost rock-hard popcorn'y OG colas. And then, they don't yield nearly as much as you'd want them to. Finally, once you cure, it's vital to keep all but the daily smoke in as cold a place as possible (I freeze mine) because it stales quickly.... BUT... if you get a standout pheno or two, they will be some of the most memorable herb for you and yours; and test out in the mid 20 percentiles of THC content, not to mention provide the utmost chill and potent indica effects imagineable.

All in all, I think it's worth going through all the pain of growing these girls just to find the ONE pheno to keep for all your early evening OG needs (my favorite time to take her out for a cruise). But she'll make a great grower out of ya, that's for sure ;)

TheStrainMan

Veteran
whiteberries, I'm never sure about OG yield until she's dry cause I've been surprised often. The stuff's so dense it can be misleading. But she's the lowest yielder of the bunch, that's easy to tell.

R

Raw_Dog

Strain man, what other OGs do you have? Do you see any resemblance of your OG in comparison to test rip? Thanks anyway, your grow thread is very informative... Thanks.

I'm ready for that smoke report!

greenluv707

im tellin you........that poisen og cut is somthing serious...........looks like anything shes hit with,that it just adds to her and keeps gettin better and better.....

your right the smell that the poisen cut gives off is very addicting........sounds like it transfered over to the venom that moon made........

the smell and taste are very hard to describe.........not anything folks have tasted befor.....very unique.......

TheStrainMan

Veteran
Strain man, what other OGs do you have? Do you see any resemblance of your OG in comparison to test rip? Thanks anyway, your grow thread is very informative... Thanks.

I'm ready for that smoke report!

Not doing OG's for a while; except I have a FEMALE StarKiller OG that's three weeks behind these girls and looking and smelling great.

The only difference I see is that my 501st didn't purple like the original sample nug I got, but I didn't expect it to cause the tent ran hotter than normal which sped up maturity and didn't give the leaves enough of a chance to senesce. Luckily, I had 36 or 37 little seedlings to choose from, so maybe the one that purples early was right next to the one I chose.

Dry pics coming soon.

superwario

Indeed. Havent seen the original in a couple years, everything's tahoe, yoda, and sour these days. Venom look like she's gonna yield nice?
Since you mention tacoleaf I gotta bust out mine....Not the frostiest but it makes me wanna throw some grinder weed in there, roll it up and let it dry for a pure joint piece...
View Image :D

Yeah wonderful look ! ;)

cabbage

mmm scotts sounds good I love earhty bud , thanks for the description . One mans trash is anothers treasure, cheers.

TheStrainMan

Veteran
Everything is nice and dry now and just began a 3 week jar cure where I leave each jar open for a few miniutes daily to let out the moisture and "curing gases". This will greatly enhance the flavor, aroma, and even increase potency. Smoke reports coming soon. Also, I will soon show a few photos of the Starkiler OG in this thread which is 3 weeks behind; and since the one I wanted to showcase here turned out male.

Here is the Venom OG
picture.php

Here is the Scott's OG
picture.php

Here is the 501st OG
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts