You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > Rocky Mountain Ring of Fire

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Rocky Mountain Ring of Fire Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-19-2018, 04:08 AM #1
Fred Sanford

Fred Sanford is a jewel in the roughFred Sanford is a jewel in the roughFred Sanford is a jewel in the roughFred Sanford is a jewel in the roughFred Sanford is a jewel in the roughFred Sanford is a jewel in the roughFred Sanford is a jewel in the rough
Rocky Mountain Ring of Fire

Hello welcome friends.

I've been thinking about starting a new thread for a long time now so here we go. Enjoy the show!

Here's the flower room. It is a 9'6"x13'6"room built in a wide one car garage with 9' ceilings. There is a 1000watt MH bulb and a 1000watt HPS bulb hung bare bulb on a Light Rail 5.0 light mover. The mover only moves about 2 feet with a pause on each end, just enough to eliminate shading and to move the hot spot. This allows the plants to be pretty close to the bulbs, about 18 to 24 inches. The plants are rotated 180° every day. The lights are on 12 off 12.

There's an 8" intake fan and an 8" extraction fan that run 24\7. The intake is carbon filtered and the exhaust is on a 4' tall carbon filter. I've installed 2 exhaust ports each with it's own 8" fan and giant carbon filter, one blows heat out of the house through the roof in the summer and the other blows heat into the center of the house in the winter. There are no smells at all.

I also built 2 walls around each of the exhaust fans and filters that are in the corners, but I stopped the walls short 6" from the ceiling so that the exhaust air is pulled from the top of the room where heat rises to.

There is a boxfan on the floor blowing up at the bulbs. There are also 2 visible mist humidifiers and another box fan that blows at the humidifiers away from the bulb side of the room. The humidifiers are removed everyday day at lights out and cleaned, dried, refilled and replaced at lights on.

Apologies for the crooked shot.

Fred Sanford is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-20-2018, 03:52 AM #2
Fred Sanford

Fred Sanford is a jewel in the roughFred Sanford is a jewel in the roughFred Sanford is a jewel in the roughFred Sanford is a jewel in the roughFred Sanford is a jewel in the roughFred Sanford is a jewel in the roughFred Sanford is a jewel in the rough
My veg room is 6'6" x 6'6" with a cheap 8"inline fan for exhaust with a passive intake blowing across the tops of the plants just below the hood. The light is a 1000watt MH in an air cooled hood on a Light Rail 3.0 light mover. Lights run 18 on 6 off. I also use some cheap 4' shop lights standing up on end to keep everything growing top to bottom on tall plants. I have 1 oscillating fan and a visible mist humidifier.

Nice and green.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:36 AM #3
Fred Sanford

Here's a Gold Nugget from GPS on it's way to a 7 gallon pot. I started 2 seeds, both cracked but one came out taproot up and didn't make it.

Here it is in the 7g. I'll veg it a bit, get some clones and flower it. If it's a male I'll isolate it in another room to collect pollen.

Old 09-21-2018, 07:22 PM #4
blowingupjake

blowingupjake has a spectacular aura aboutblowingupjake has a spectacular aura aboutblowingupjake has a spectacular aura aboutblowingupjake has a spectacular aura aboutblowingupjake has a spectacular aura about
Rock and roll man! I dig your setup! Thanks for starting up a journal. Respect for using that HID heat in the house. We've been doing that ourselves for a couple of winters.

What varieties you working with aside from the Gold Nugget?

Looking forward to the show man!
blowingupjake is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-22-2018, 10:47 PM #5
Fred Sanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowingupjake View Post
Rock and roll man! I dig your setup! Thanks for starting up a journal. Respect for using that HID heat in the house. We've been doing that ourselves for a couple of winters.

What varieties you working with aside from the Gold Nugget?

Looking forward to the show man!
Right on thanks man, glad to have you along for the show.

Strains I'm running now are :

Golden Nugget
Critical Jack Herrer
Critical Neville's Haze 2.0
Eagle Scout
Original Glue #4
French Cookies

Cheers!

Old 09-22-2018, 11:17 PM #6
Fred Sanford

Here's where the soil magic happens. I have 5 large plastic tubs of soil, 2 medium tubs, several 5 gallon buckets, 5 20 gallon smart pots.

I use the recycled organic living soil method and have been working this soil for years now. I recently realized that I needed to start addong a lot more aeration(perlite) and sphagum peat. Now the plants are much happier.

I started cutting old unused cloth pots into strips so it is easier to transplant. It works great as long as the root ball is well formed, but the same can be said for transplanting at all. I line the bottom with medium sized perlite so the roots don't sit on the wet cloth. Also, gotta be careful not to over water when plants are first planted but once established it's not s problem.

Old 09-23-2018, 12:18 AM #7
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute
If you added chopped straw into that living soil it would keep the bacteria happy.

I planted clover in my worm bin and the sprouts are keeping everything nice.

Working on Something Sneaky
troutman is offline Quote

Old 09-25-2018, 02:56 AM #8
Fred Sanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
If you added chopped straw into that living soil it would keep the bacteria happy.

I planted clover in my worm bin and the sprouts are keeping everything nice.
Right on thanks for the tip. That is one amendment I don't have. I put it on the list to do.

Old 09-25-2018, 03:25 AM #9
Fred Sanford

I don't remember the names of these and wanted to post them before I remove them from my phone.

Old 09-25-2018, 03:35 AM #10
Fred Sanford

Flower room, lights off.