Veteran
Destiny.
DSCN0769.JPG

DSCN0771.JPG

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Neil was a really smart guy as well. He and my ex father in law came up with a propane injection system that saved a General Motors plant in Texas during the late 80’s.
see? i keep telling people they were the greatest band ever,to the point i can overlook him helping anything in texas!

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
that's what you get for ordering silent hubs! loud hubs save lives! :D
i'm thinking i'll go with industry9 hubs for the new build,expensive for sure,but they are easy to service,and i happen to have a spare freehub body and three sets of hydra hub wheels already so if i want to switch to xd or microspline i have that option...
but i may go with hope pro5 instead since they're 300 bucks cheaper...
the only special order on this build will be the velocity rims in purple ano,only a 30 dollar upcharge...i don't remember the polished rims taking too long for special order...
I have only ran over one chipmunk using silent hubs. Sorry. It's worth it for all the other wildlife I don't scare away.

My velocity rims are black. And have already arrived. Black rims, black spokes, purple nipples and orange hubs.

What kind of bike are you building this time? I haven't been paying much attention to the internet lately, if you already mentioned it. How does this effect your prime numbers. Will you be building a few more?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have only ran over one chipmunk using silent hubs. Sorry. It's worth it for all the other wildlife I don't scare away.

My velocity rims are black. And have already arrived. Black rims, black spokes, purple nipples and orange hubs.

What kind of bike are you building this time? I haven't been paying much attention to the internet lately, if you already mentioned it. How does this effect your prime numbers. Will you be building a few more?
it's an organic eggplant karate monkey,probably going to do a dingle speed 32/17/19...
next prime number would be 11,and it's what the baby jeebus would want so i guess i'm stuck doing that!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:smokeit:that's enough trimming for today...well,not enough but as much as i can force myself through today...but down to two plants from the last harvest...wait,three,but i folded that white truffle in with the 2 from the new new round that i'll do wednesday...and start pre-trimming the new new thursday,and try and knock out the seven new new plants friday...that pretty much gets me caught up...:toohot:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...got a big ugly wad of cash yesterday,so time to give it all away...a couple months rent and bills should take care of it,bye bye ugly wad!
picking up the frame in a bit after the landlord comes by...

then back to work,a 4x4 tent to harvest and regular chores today....and more bloody trimming!

i really want to order bike parts,i saw some stuff on universal with only limited numbers available so i'm tempted to snap them up...but i kinda need electricity and such...but i still have a crapload of weed to trim so hopefully by the weekend i can grab some stuff...

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
So new truck tires ,right front wheel bearing ,a significant tuneup related to check enginelight ,bolts for the muffler underneath, and then alignment =roughly 2100 bucks( still less than the cost of a Unc bike build :sneaky:
I need my truck looked at. Something funny on the right side front end recently. And a couple of new tires.

On another note. The bike collection is definitely worth 4x or so of my beater truck. And that's not included the wife and 4 kids bikes. And worth about even with what I paid for my house. Not the bikes fault though. I got a great deal on a repo house in 2009 when the economy was super fucked weed was still in demand and worth something.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Doing rear brakes on the car. I milked them to squealing. Car has 180k so I was sure it would croak before the brakes. Dammit. Rag....gas tank...

Good thing parts are cheap and a few hours testing out cuss words and it will be done. #@$#$&#$!!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yup,i need to deal with some brakes on one of the bikes,just a good cleaning and some lube and new pads should do it....but even a replacement would only be like 70 bucks...but like i said,clean and lubed should do the trick...
trp spyres...i really like the paul klampers,expensive but you can get every little fiddly part so easy to keep in fine tune

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I'm putting spykes on the big dummy. Might upgrade to clampers in the future. I'm thinking I might sell the all city big block and spend the money on nice parts for the other bikes. Its fun to ride but I don't have much love for going super fast on pavement.

I just signed 3 of my kids and me up for a 300 mile ride across Michigan. Riding with 700 other riders and they provide breakfast and dinner and carry our tents and such for us. Going to be interesting. When the 7 year old wears out I will be putting her and her bike on the back of my bike. I just bought her a 3 speed cleary owl. To replace her specialized hotrock. Hopefully the ability to downshift buys her a few extra miles each day. Now for lots of practice miles with the kids. We have until the last week of June to prepare. And my wife is considering volunteering as an assistant vehicle do if one of the kids gets miserable she should be nearby.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the spykes are good brakes,the klampers are just that one level better,but i would say get love levers from paul before you upgrade to klampers...the love levers have a ton of leverage so they make any caliper better...more power,better modulation...the trp levers kinda suck,not awful by any means but easily outdone by cheap avid levers...

alrighty,about time to head to the bike shop,gave the landlord a chunk of cash and a bunch of free weed and trim tray kif so time to pay bills and see if the bike shop has any bits and bobs in purple to grab while i'm there...and possibly order some stuff....nice to be able to order stuff with no cash down

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:cuss: well i messed up and read some specs wrong...thought i had a seatpost and collar that would fit the new frame but leave to bloody surly to pick a weird size for those...the good news is at least Paul makes the right size...
gonna sign up for the radavist market and sell the wrong seatpost and collar and defray some of the expense that way....

:watchplant:back to work,just chopped 9 more plants so time to water/feed...