What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Apollo 11 f3 and discussion

one Q

Quality
Veteran
Thats a great idea. I mean a GREAT!

If I can get in on it I would like to help. I have 5 f3s and was hoping to get something good out of them.

Peace Darwin.

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
Glad to hear from you Darwin :D. I was beginning to get worried. You can count me in, I would love to run these seeds. Maybe I could even cross the offspring to my prized A11 mom :joint:.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I applaud your approach, Darwin, but be for-warned, there's a good chance they will be used for commercial exploitation.
I tried a similar approach w/ my Honey White's, preaching the "pay it forward" policy, but now they're for sale for $175/pk, using my 'White' pic, and a 100% BS spiel in describing them. :rolleyes:
Hopefully a good % will get to those willing to hold the torch. I for one, would love to see a few folks sharing their own A11's around to form a bigger gene pool.
Count me in as a torch-holder since '02! :)

one Q

Quality
Veteran
Highlighter, I can see this happening. THese ppl are after the name and fame... A11 was my first REAL strain that I grew years ago when on OG, along side JacksCleaner from TGA. So for me it's sentimental. The wife keeps telling me to germ the A11s... This summer for sure.

Z

zen_trikester

Good idea Darwin!!! Do it, and even if it doesn't workout to be the happy-skippy- Apollo 11 love fest that you are hoping, it will get the strain out there for some people. This is a great strain and certainly needs to be preserved/perpetuated.

jd4083

Veteran
Sorry if this has been covered, but i've been interested in A11/genius for a long, long time and have never been able to find beans (or clones, for that matter) -- best current seed stock to find the genius pheno? bros grimm?

one Q

Quality
Veteran
just want to say that this thread is on my mind all the time. Hope everyone's A11s are doing well. Im growing (pun) impatient when it comes to popping these.

Darwin

Cannanaut
ICMag Donor
Good idea Darwin!!! Do it, and even if it doesn't workout to be the happy-skippy- Apollo 11 love fest that you are hoping, it will get the strain out there for some people. This is a great strain and certainly needs to be preserved/perpetuated.

Yeah, that's how I pretty much figured it would turn out but I figured what the hell, aim high. Getting these out to other people is really what it's about.

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. I did a last minute germination test just to make sure everything was kosher, and got 100% after two days in rapid rooters @72 f.

As far as the scenario Highlighter mentioned, well if someone tries to do that I guess I would just have to flood seedbay with an A11 seed deal of 10 seeds for something like $5 ;) I've got plenty of seeds and no interest in making money off this line, that's pretty hard to compete with.

-BG-: Yeah I know what you mean regarding the stems. Great minds must think alike, I bought several packs of Mr. Nice 'Shit' for just the purpose of crossing with A11! :)

CARE giver:Still kicking. Hell yeah, the more moms the better.

I've got some f4's that are early on and I will continue to update this thread as appropriate. Veg pics are always boring to me so I'll try not to post many of those. Remember I grow several batches of the same generation to pick parents and effectively increase my numbers so an f5 will be at least a year away. Can't wait to see what these f4's produce though. The f3's were markedly better than the f2 generation as a whole.

As for the seed packets. I had a little fun and made some seed packets using my seedbay username (rEvolution) and my icmag username and some photoshop. Silly, I know, but I've put a lot of work into these seeds and thought they deserved a proper seed packet. So everything's packed and ready to go. On it's way to seedbay as we speak!

picture.php

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
I enjoyed the REZ A11 G4 for over 5yrs.It did best in Scrog.such a Gem.
I let her go in order to try some of the more recent offerings from the man.

StinkyGreen

Sounds like a great idea! I also look for that "thinking" high and would love to get my hands on some A11. Would be happy to contribute some of my seeds to the server fund in return.

M

Miris

Hi there
two years ago Ive grown a11 from bro grimms stock (cut). here at 49N it was ready at end october/start nov. and it was one of best smokes Ive had : )
picture.php

picture.php

today, I had some apollo11 / killing kush seeds out, and I want to find by time any genius pheno, but its bad with that kush influences : (

Darwin

Cannanaut
ICMag Donor
one Q: that's a real bummer about the low germ rate. We'll have to make sure you get some apollo's ;)

Still waiting for the package to arrive and be listed. I heard shipping was a little slow so no big surprise. I'm going to be switching my first round of f4's to 12/12 tonight so in the meantime there should be some pics of the f4's. So far the f4's have been extremely uniform, but the proof will come in a couple weeks when I can really tell whether they are the target phenotype. I'll keep you all updated, and hopefully Seedbay gets the shipment and lists them soon!

Miris: that's some gorgeous apollo. Never grown them outside, great to see what they can do.

Latest posts

Latest posts