What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Apollo 11 f3 and discussion

Darwin

Cannanaut
ICMag Donor
Not that I know of. I've pm'ed John Bourne requesting confirmation when they were received/listed. There was a bit of a shake-up with Seedbay staff leaving from what I've heard and there is a thread over in the help forum asking where the server fund donations are. From info I've received, I'm not the only one who has sent in SF donations and not have them put up. Trust me, I'm waiting with baited breath even more than you are. It's my first time sending in seeds and I was/am a little nervous about the whole thing. If by some weird happenstance they wind up getting lost I promise I will send even more in. I want these to get out to the community. Perhaps if other's contact seedbay asking for them also we could speed things up a bit. I have no idea. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. 10 days into flowering with some F4's and looking good. Just starting to show stigma's so I'll continue the breeding diary when they really start coming along.

Best Wishes.

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
Not that I know of. I've pm'ed John Bourne requesting confirmation when they were received/listed. There was a bit of a shake-up with Seedbay staff leaving from what I've heard and there is a thread over in the help forum asking where the server fund donations are. From info I've received, I'm not the only one who has sent in SF donations and not have them put up. Trust me, I'm waiting with baited breath even more than you are. It's my first time sending in seeds and I was/am a little nervous about the whole thing. If by some weird happenstance they wind up getting lost I promise I will send even more in. I want these to get out to the community. Perhaps if other's contact seedbay asking for them also we could speed things up a bit. I have no idea. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. 10 days into flowering with some F4's and looking good. Just starting to show stigma's so I'll continue the breeding diary when they really start coming along.

Best Wishes.
That makes me feel much better :).

So how is this going to work? Are they going to be listed up in the SF as BIN or Auction?

Darwin

Cannanaut
ICMag Donor
So how is this going to work? Are they going to be listed up in the SF as BIN or Auction?

Not a clue, I don't think it's up to me really. Either way has its benefits. An auction will probably raise more money for the community while a BIN lets everyone get a good deal quickly. I know if it were me I'd be listing them at $25 BIN retail. Not that I don't think these are excellent seeds, but I'd rather everyone who wants some get some than be "exclusive". I'll keep you updated.

Darwin

Cannanaut
ICMag Donor
Well good news and bad news. Seeds showed up, but unfortunately several were crushed due to the post (and of course my inexperienced packaging ;) ). In total there will be 3 packs of 10 and 1 pack of 6 listed in this round. In order to make up for this I will be sending in a new, more protected" package that will more than make up for the seven I promised ;). I just sent Clarence the strain description as well as this thread link and some pics so these seeds should be up anytime now. F4's are just starting to show pistils so pics will be soon.

Enjoy and more seeds to follow!

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
You the man Darwin. Thanks for donating even more seeds to this community :tiphat:.

I hope you sent them in a steel container inside the shipping box lol :D.

Darwin

Cannanaut
ICMag Donor
Just wanted to let everyone know the three packs of 10 are now listed on seedbay! Good luck to everyone.

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
It's looking like these are going to get pretty pricey. Good luck to everyone... except the one I'm bidding on ;).

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, I'm out. It'd be nice to boost my own stock, but I have a bag of my f2's to play with.
Good luck to the bidders, and a nice sum for the server fund. :good:

Darwin

Cannanaut
ICMag Donor
Well first of all I want to apologize for the prices getting so jacked up like this. Not my intention by any stretch.

Thank you everyone for the support, just a little bummed out tonight. Really sorry again that the price got so high. I'll get some more out to maybe keep 'em a little cheaper this time.

Bi0hazard

Veteran
Just wanted to add-in some of the information behind the Princess genetics that led to Cinderella 99 and Apollo 11 - to help people with a general knowledge of where the strain comes from and possible breeding ideas. There was a lot of work by Mr Soul that went into Cinderella 99 and Apollo. Enjoy...

Cinderella 99 (Mr. Soul) Princess X Princess 88
Apollo 11 (Brothers Grimm) Genius X Cinderella 99
Apollo 13 (Brothers Grimm) Genius X Princess 75
Genius = Jack Herer (Pheno) (A very thought provoking, deep conteplative high - known for provoking scholarly thinking)

-- More background into the Princess breeding that led to Princess 88 (The Precursor of Cinderella 99)--

∙Princess - A special and rare Jack Herer pheno that is very thought provoking and somewhat racy.
∙Princess 50 (Mr. Soul) Princess X [Shiva Skunk X Jack Herer]
∙Princess 75 (Mr. Soul) Princess X Princess 50
∙Princess 88 aka Cinderella 88 (Mr. Soul) Princess X Princess 75

And thus the original Princess was crossed with Princess 88 to create Cinderella 99. Then C99 was crossed to Genius to create Apollo 11. Apollo 13 was then created by crossing Genius to Princess 75 rather than Cinderella 99, and is supposed to have a trippier high than Apollo 11.

If people could fill in more info on the exact creation of the Genius and original Princess pheno's that would be very helpful...

Dank Regards,

Bi0hazard

Hey Bio, the story I have read were that Genus, Princess, and Cafe' Girl were 3 bag seeds found in a sack of Jack Herrer purchased at the Sensi shop in Amsterdam. Mr Soul seemed to question if the bag was Jack Herrer at all and especially what the random father was. He used the Shiva Skunk male because the 3 seeds found in the bag were all fems. The full story with all his quotes and whatnot are all in this forum many times over so a search would find the info pretty easily.

But anyways... Darwin I have some questions for you about breeding with the Apollo 11. I recently had a major loss and am starting over from scratch with all my moms and whatnot. I normally run a small perpetual garden which prevents be from doing much breeding, but since I am starting over I am planning on a seed run to start things off right. I have 4 seeds left from my original JW Apollo 11 f2 seed pack and I will be doing an open breeding with them but want to throw some others in there as well. The one mom I am going to get back is a really potent and tasty coffee/hash pheno of LA Woman, so that will be in the cabinet for sure. As for beans I have the following:
SOL Blubonic
Mandala Satori
Nirvana Aurora Indica
RM Ultra Early Love (outdoor only, super fast sativa)
KC Mango
KC Sweet Dreams (a BB cross indica)
My cross Loverocks (rm UElove x Rocklock (warlock x rockstar)) This is essentially a fast rocklock but like the UE Love, it lacks in vigor durring veg and is not a very good indoor plant. I do however help my friend with his outdoor grow which is the only reason these RM beans didn't hit the trash a long time ago.

I'm thinking the LAW just because I love that plant and want to save at least some remnants of it if I ever loose it again. The Blubonic may inspire some great flavors since they are both fruity and the Satori's high is often described similarly so that seems like a great parallel line of sorts. Otherwise I was thinking the Aurora Indica just to see if I could get some powerful balanced hybrids out of the deal.

Any comments?

Darwin

Cannanaut
ICMag Donor
It's update time! The plants are currently at 5 weeks 12/12, but first a little information I've gathered on this generation thus far:

Currently in this round of the F4 generation I have grown 45 plants. The f/m ratio has been unusually high, around 70% females. The desirable phenotype is found at a ratio of 3:1. Current selection of the desirable phenotype is centered around trichome production, stem strength/yield and of course smell. As always, plants will be harvested, cured and smoke tested prior to any breeding decisions. One trait I have been placing particular importance on in this generation is stronger stems. Apollo 11 is known for having particular weak stems that can't hold up the buds by the end of the flowering period, even with Apollo 11 having a fairly low yield. With a larger selection of desirable phenotypes in this generation I will be actively selecting for plants with larger yields and stronger stems. Not particularly because yield matters to me so much, but weak stems are a pain to grow with and not a desirable trait that should be encouraged. There was one runt so far out of 45 plants. This was culled immediately and should be watched for in additional generations. Inbreeding depression is an obvious issue in later filial generations and should be avoided.

First the best from this generation thus far:

picture.php

picture.php

This individual is the best of the desirable phenotype thus far. Much stronger stems than it's mother(s) while retaining the resin production and the intense lemony smell. It's important to note that this is 5 weeks of 12/12 or in other words 3 weeks since the appearance of flowers. Apollo 11 is definitely a fast performer.

A more typical example of the desirable phenotype:

picture.php

Buds are a little smaller on these, and the stems are definitely thinner than the first plant presented. This plant is very typical of what you would see in the Apollo 11 F4's.

Now the "non-desirable" phenotype:

picture.php

I haven't written much about this phenotype, except calling it the "non-desirable" phenotype which perhaps is slightly biased and misleading. This phenotype is noted by a different, thicker, stem structure in flower, a looser flower structure, higher leaf/calyx ratio and more of a spicy lemon/floral scent compared to the other phenotype. This phenotype is still great smoke, and ends with more of a piney/floral flavor and great high, but isn't the goal of this breeding project. The desired phenotype is, in my opinion, far superior to this phenotype in resin production, flowering time and end product quality. This phenotype will easily go about 2 weeks longer than the desired pheno.

Thank you everyone for the interest in this thread and breeding. Clarence informed me that the three packs that did make it to seedbay went for an astounding $110 per pack! Much higher than I thought or expected but at least it's going for a good cause. More are on their way although I am reserving a fair amount of stock for my own selection into the next generation :)

Biohazard and Midnight Rudy, thanks for adding some information to the thread. This info is exactly what I remember from the old CannabisWorld posts by Mr. Soul back when Bros. Grimm were still openly available.

Midnight Rudy, regarding your question, those crosses could make some interesting plants, but keep in mind they will be polyhybrids. With all plants being early filial generation plants the resulting offspring will be quite a crapshoot indeed. Not saying this is a bad thing, but you may need to do some searching to find that special lady. I'm currently growing some Blubonic and can say they will probably add a fair amount of yield to the apollo. Blubonics are some chunky monkeys already. If you want to preserve the LA Woman, I would suggest keeping the clone and performing several backcrosses to the original clone. The terpene profile you described for LA Woman seem quite different from apollo so a backcross should be easy to perform (select the most LAW males every generation to backcross to the original clone). I honestly have no idea what the first generation cross between LAW and A11 would produce, it would probably be all over the place. Crossing A11 with something induce should increase the yields, but having very little experience with most of the strains you've listed, I can't say how the dominance would work out. My best advice is to establish discrete breeding goals prior to any crossing and attempt to select breeding individuals based on those criteria. Indiscriminate pollination doesn't really accomplish anything. Even if your goals aren't met in the cross, with proper notes you've at least learned a little bit about the inheritance of your desired traits and of course, you have some smoke :) Sorry if this wasn't too helpful.

I think that's it for now. Any comments, questions or suggestions are always welcome. Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks Darwin! Yeah I'm not looking to make or preserve a line. Just wanting some new beans to play with in hopes of finding a good mom. The A11 f3's (assuming I get a male) may get worked with in a similar fashion as yourself but I doubt it. I just don't have the space to breed and prefer perpetual which makes breeding a no no unless you like half grown seeds in all your bud! So, just a one time shot so I can play around with some beans and give some up to friends locally. The hope is only to find a unique mother with the poly's.

What have you crossed with other that the sweettooth?

thanks for the advice

Bi0hazard

Veteran
Senor Chang, Messaged me some updated info? The list of genetic information I have was written from quotes by Soul. So I had figured it would be accurate, but others hands could have touched it in digital form before I got it? But to me the info below seems like a rough estimate rather than Soul's step by step explanation that is also posted below.

But I had also read that Subcool listed Apollo 13 as Princess 75 x Genius.

I'll also post Mr Soul's info below to compare.

Señor Chang's Message:

Señor Chang said:
Hey, I am reading Darwins A11 thread with great interest and I saw your recent post about the histories of Soul's work. I am not an authority on the matter, but I do have a cut and paste from somewhere that I have kept and will paste below. Basically I've been gleaning info about A13 as I have Subcools Bx beans, but haven't popped any of them. In addition, I'll add a link to a Michigan medical grower that has a supply and opinion about the history. I hope what I'm sending is of some interest. I am not to sure if or how it differs from the info you posted, as I tend to get lost in the lingo.
Peace!

" but most of us who need to know, understand that C99F2 really means (Princessbx3)x(Princessbx3).
I have seen people get this information wrong and you probably read it from one of the sources of misinformation but Apollo13 is actually P75 x genius. P75 is Princess back crossed one time or Princess squared. Soul never crossed C88 (same as P88) to genius which is too bad really. I'm thinking that would have been one potent double back cross. They say Cinderella 88 was more trippy and potent than C99.
P75 was said to smell like Chanel #5 perfume and that's about all I know other than it was used as the father of A13.
P75 = Princess Squared or Princess bx1
C88 = Princess Hexed or Princess bx2
C99 = Princess Cubed or Princess bx3
A13 = P75xGenius
A11=C99xGenius
Princess, Genius and Ginger Ale or Cafe Girl (Ginger Ale & Cafe Girl = same exact plant) all came from the original bag seed that was labeled as Jack Herrer and acquired by Mr. Soul in an Amsterdam coffee shop. The Brothers Grimm made some killer stuff with those seeds and had a serious knack for selecting premium breeding plants. Most of the best strains and crosses around today have some of Souls work in them somewhere.

Bi0hazard

Veteran
Found a post going over direct quotes from Soul concerning the heritage of the Princess's and Cinderella's.
Pretty interesting...

British Hempire's Post:

Originally Posted by British Hempire

Back in the late nineties, a breeder called Mr Soul, who with his partner Sly formed the Bros Grimm was in Amsterdam. At the time Sensi Seeds had a Coffeeshop where you could buy buds from their mother plants to sample the strains before you bought the seeds. Mr Soul visited this shop and found some seeds in a bag of weed:, as he explained in an internet post:

“I bought a 2 gram bag of Jack Herer buds (1996 Cannabis Cup winner) in Amsterdam at "Sensi Smile" coffee shop on Achterburghwal straat. The buds were supposed to be sinsemilla, but I was pleasantly surprised to find about a dozen seeds in the bud. I found the high to be cerebral and energetic, but not too long lasting; the buds appeared almost white due to resin coating. Of the 6 seeds I attempted to germinate, every one was successful and I got a 50% male/female ratio.”

One of those three females turned out to be very special and was given the name Princess:

"Princess was obtained from growing out seeds found in buds of Jack Herer that was purchased in Amsterdam at the "Sensi-Smile" coffee shop, an authorized outlet of Sensi Seed Bank. Thus, it is considered to be an f2 generation Jack Herer. The seeds were found only in the deepest part of the buds indicating that the father was an unusually early-maturing JH that the growers missed at first."

Mr Soul wrote a very vivid description of Princess:

Princess smells very much like pineapple both during flowering and when dried, but there's this "evil" scent in it too, like rotting meat, which has been linked with the most devastating weed (notably the Durban/Thai hybrid from SSSC, years ago). The taste is connoisseur quality when it's cured; VERY fruity. The high is almost too intense for a lot of people; Dr. Atomic actually refused to smoke any on our second meeting, after getting rather "hazed and confused" on the first sampling we did together a couple of weeks before, so he decided to try Shiva Skunk and found that more mellow and to his liking. Two hits of Princess will induce your body to tremble involuntarily and your heart to race and paranoid thoughts... very much like Haze, but not quite as intense. It also has a "creeper" quality that makes it easy to over-indulge...you get progressively higher during the first 10 minutes after smoking.

He sure does make it sound like a special plant! A plant with the power of a Haze is bound to be a worthwhile smoking experience, but what was really special about Princess was her vital statistics, as Mr Soul described:

“Princess grows vigorously, and is rapidly-maturing... 6 to 7 weeks of 12/12. It feeds heavily and requires about 50% stronger nutrient solution than an Indica does. It stays short, for a Sativa-dominant strain, and finishes at about 3 ft indoors. The yield from such a plant is about 20 grams.”

Highs of the order of Haze are usually only to be found in long flowering sativas, and such plants are difficult to grow indoors, rarely producing a worthwhile harvest. In Princess, Mr Soul had found a plant that had a sativa high of the highest order encapsulated in a plant with superb growth pattern for indoor growers. No wonder Mr Soul described her as a 'Holy Grail'. Canadian breeder Vic High was impressed by Princess and recognized her rare attributes:

“This strain is exactly what most people believe doesn't exist; a Sativa which grows VERY well indoors, stays short, and matures as rapidly as an Indica (faster than many), and has the great KILLER Sativa high/flavor. The yield is fine too. Mr Soul finds that the Indica strains are too leafy/stalky and much goes to waste with them, whereas Princess has an extremely high flower/leaf
ratio and therefore almost no waste.”

Being a breeder, Mr Soul decided to begin a breeding program to create a seedline that embodied the Princess qualities:

“Her characteristics were so fine I wanted to create seeds that would "replicate" this plant. She has the KILLER Haze-influenced high with the most DELICIOUS pineapple/evil scent, 50 day maturation in 12/12, and incredible resin production, doesn't stretch - yet clearly Sativa-dominant! Last but not least: Never a hint of hermaphrodism after 2 years of cloning & many different styles of grow.”

Princess ticked all the boxes, in Mr Soul's eyes she was worthy of replication. This was the genesis of one of the most famous breeding programs in cannabis history. Creating a stable seedline from a single F2 female of an unstable three-way polyhybrid was going to take some effort, I shall let Mr Soul explain:

“Jack Herer is an unstable strain bred from an unequal combination of Sk#1, NL#5, and Haze. Crossing a male and female Jack Herer creates an F2 generation which has a HUGE number of possible recombinations of the genes. I grew out some Jack Herer F2's and discovered a SPECIAL one, "Princess", which has many improvements on the original JH such as a shorter flowering time, denser bud structure and pineapple scent/flavour.”

So how to go about stabilising a female? The obvious step would be to cross her to one of the three males that were grown from the same seeds, but Mr Soul wanted to improve one of the less desirable traits of Princess:

“I wanted to "cube" Princess but add a little beef to her branches because the buds were always too heavy at harvest and branches needed staking to keep from flopping over. I crossed my ShivaSkunk female with one of the males from the same group of seeds that Princess came from. THIS cross produced a male which was then crossed to Princess, creating "P.50" (using a shorthand notation I developed to indicate the fraction of Princess genes in the cross).”

Mr Soul now had a batch of seeds composed of 50% Princess genes, 25% Shiva Skunk genes and 25% Princess' brother. From here, the route to stabilisation lay through backcrossing a male from this seed generation to the Princess mother plant. Mr Soul then did three more backcrosses to Princess, each using male pollen from the latest seed generation. The progression Mr Soul went through was:

P.50 = Princess/(ShivaSkunk/Princess'Brother)
P.75 = Princess/P.50
Cinderella 88 = Princess/P.75
Cinderella 99 = Princess/Cinderella 88

Mr Soul described the breeding process:

“I have been continually back crossing Princess with her male offspring (generation after generation) which eventually creates a stabilized strain having her special characteristics found reliably in most females grown from those seeds. Each generation is composed of a 50% genetic contribution from Princess (since she's the seed parent) and a 50% contribution from the pollen parent (which also has an increasing percentage of Princess' genetics with each generation). The progression goes: P.50, P.75, P.88, P.94, and P.97...at that point it's considered stabilized (a male and female P.97 can be crossed and the offspring are essentially the same as the parents). I have been VERY pleased with the way this project is going; even the P.75 generation was rather stable in the sense that the individuals were all rather uniform and HIGH quality. “

He also described each of the filial generations, which gives much insight into the stabilization process:

“Each generation is the result of crossing a male from the previous generation to Princess herself

Blow-by-blow description of the generations:
P.50 = Heavy, single-cola type plants with mellow high (too much influence from the ShivaSkunk) Sweet fruity scent/flavor. Unstable in most traits - for example, 10 days difference in fastest/slowest maturation period in a group of 20 seedlings.
P.75 = Plants leaning MUCH more in the direction of Princess in floral cluster and bud structure, scent/flavor turned more "tropical" like pineapple. The stability was becoming better - two major phenotypes; short & dense (potent too) or tall/HUGE (Not so potent).
P.88 = Renamed Cinderella 88 when first released on the market. It grows fast and produces excellent yields of FROSTY buds in 7 weeks! Generally uniform seedlings with minor differences in floral formation and some height variance, but the smoke is quite consistent from all plants - Dense, heavy nuggets of fruity scented & flavored (like wild berries) and covered in resin glands, the dried buds have distinctly ORANGE pistils.
And now P.94 = Cinderella 99. This project has been a huge success. The strain has been embraced by the "net"work of growers with rave reviews. “

The seed from of the P88 generation were released onto the market as Cinderella 88 and received glowing praise from many growers. A year later, the P94 generations seeds were released as Cinderella 99 and a legend was born. Mr Soul wrote what has become a legendary description to accompany the Cinderella 99 release:

Growers quickly discovered that Cinderella 99 was indeed a special strain, it grew well in all types of gardens and had only 3 main phenotypes, showing that Mr Soul had succeeded in creating a stable seedline. The taste and high were consistently superb between individual females and the plants were finished in 50-60 days with most preferring to harvest at 56 days. The yield proved to be as good as the breeder's description. C99 soon became known as one of the best all-round strains on the market. Mr Soul wrote a fitting description of his 'holy grail'

“I personally think the plants these Cinderella 99 seeds produce are every bit as good as a cutting from Princess herself (or better). I say better because the flavor of no two plants is "identical"; there's a personality to all living things. Like Princess herself, Cinderella is sweet & fruity to the palette and nose, and when you take a hit you're BLASTED...with the same "racy" high as Princess! The improvement comes in the yield department; 25% greater yield and a stronger branch structure, which I accomplished by starting with some ShivaSkunk genes in the original father in the cubing process. I knew I'd blend out the majority of the traits from ShivaSkunk in the cubing process, but I was hoping to incorporate the ShivaSkunk's stronger branches because Princess had a tendency to need supports in the final two weeks of flowering. As it turns out, I got lucky and it worked. The name suits the strain IMO - it's a true Cinderella Story."

Here is the version I remember. Basically the same. I had forgotten that there were males in the JH bag

Here is the quote from the man himself, Mr. Soul of Bros. Grimm:

I’ve been seeing a lot of posts from people asking for the “Cinderella Story”, so here it is:
In 1997, I discovered a few seeds in a bud of Jack Herer I bought @ “Sensi Smile” coffeeshop in Amsterdam while there to buy seeds. I didn’t expect much when I grew them, but one of those seeds from the JH bud produced a very special female that I call “Princess”.
Therefore Princess’ mother was a Jack Herer (IF we can believe what Sensi Smile printed on the package) and her father is a totally unidentified mystery plant.
I also got 2 more females (Genius & Cafe’Girl) & several males from those seeds. I used pollen from one of the males on a heavy-yielding, dense, resinous ShivaSkunk (from Sensi Seedbank) female, then grew the resulting seeds to get males to produce pollen to cross Princess with, beginning the cubing process.
The first generation of seeds from Princess were called P.50 because they were 50% Princess. I used males from the P.50 generation to back-cross to Princess to get P.75 and again back-crossed with the P.75 pollen to get P.88 and again with the P.88 pollen to get P.94 which is “Cinderella 99″, a cubed version of Princess.
The name “Cinderella” was chosen because of the parallels between this story and the well-known fairy tale in which Cinderella becomes a Princess despite her humble beginning. It’s also VERY similar to the story of the “Morgan Horse”…go Figure
I ALWAYS see preflowers between the age of 4 and 6 weeks. Node 6 is commonly where they start, so I’d say you’re probably seeing them. The plants that show first are usually males. Look over each plant carefully, using a loupe. If you see a preflower at such an early age, it’ll most likely be male, but be SURE before culling it. If you can’t find a preflower on a plant, while most of the others HAVE shown… it’s most likely a female. Isn’t that uniformity NICE? Cinderella 99 is a STABLE strain. Cinderella 88 was close, but this generation is there.
(Cinderella needs odor control?) I don’t know if it helps you, but the scent is very sweet and fruity. It won’t “fool” anyone who’s familiar with MJ, but the average person might not recognize the scent as pot. They start to smell after 3 weeks of 12/12 and they’re harvested 4 weeks later, so the SHORT flowering cycle helps a bit by lessening the amount of time your garden “stinks”.
Yields are highly dependant on the methods used. Pruning style and number of plants/area make a BIG difference. I get about 2 lbs every 50 days under 2kW. I grow a combination of bushes and single-cola clones (about 12-20 of ‘em) in 2 gallon pots of organic soil, feeding them “teas” of dissolved worm castings, PSG, high phosphorus bat guano and kelp meal. My yields are average at best. Professional growers write me saying they get 2lbs/kW, which I’m sure is true.
The scent given off by Cinderella is NOT the typical “pot stench”…not at all skunky -she’s sweet and fruity. Someone passing by the flowering room MIGHT not recognize the scent as pot and mistake it for tropical flowers. When you rub the resin you can definitely smell it. C-99 is more “psychedelic”… I think that’s what you’re looking for eh? Just be sure to smoke a LITTLE, wait 10 minutes, then think about whether or not you need any more…it’s easy to over-indulge and become paranoid.
Haze is my favourite high. Very “trippy” C-99 is has more of the Haze type of high because the mother (Princess), has that kind of high and each time I back-cross to her the next generation gets a bit more of it. Smoking PURE Princess buds is a bit scary… it’s too “speedy” and paranoia-inducing for most people. But she’s so RESINOUS (see photo) and her flavour is just so delicious and fruity that I knew back-crossing her to her offspring over several generations would create a strain which is actually BETTER than the original mother in terms of a more PLEASING high. It was successful beyond my expectations.
The progression I went through was:
P.50 = Princess/(ShivaSkunk/Princess’Brother)
P.75 = Princess/P.50
Cinderella 88 = Princess/P.75
Cinderella 99 = Princess/Cinderella 88
Each generation exhibited a MAJOR jump in potency: P.50 was rather mellow, P.75 has a well-balanced body/mind high with a citrus flavour, Cinderella 88 is cerebral and paralyzing with a tropical fruit flavour, and Cinderella 99 is “TRIP WEED” with more of the fruity flavour and speedy effect from Princess.
C-99 will be a bigger yielder and faster finisher (than D/T) – which I personally think makes more sense to begin a grow with. If you’re growing under 1000W lamps, you should easily get a pound of C-99 per lamp after a 7 week flowering period. When you have all the weed you need and can take your time waiting for a long-flowering Sativa, THEN start those “extra” beans (included in your order)… I don’t know what the Bros Grimm sent you, but it’s NOT Durban/Thai. I’m still developing it, so they won’t see it for about 6 months.
Thanks for noticing her she IS beautiful! Cafe’Girl is a sister of “Princess” – Princess is the mother of the Cinderella series. Cafe’Girl smells like a combination of ginger, orange and cream… kinda smells like a “Creamsicle” -you know those ice cream bars? She has the highest YIELD of the 3 Sisters (Princess, Genius and Cafe’Girl). Cafe’Girl makes HUGE, DENSE, SPARKLING buds with a lovely high. A really sweet high, in that you never feel paranoid and it continues to “creep up” over the first 15 minutes after you smoke, leaving you feeling warm and at peace with life. Bros Grimm may offer an hybrid of Cafe’Girl when enough testing of her offspring has been completed.
Sure, I’d be glad to answer your q’s:
1. I flower clones when they’re about a foot tall and they double in height during flowering.
2. They clone SUPER EASY.
3. Crossing Cindy 88’s will you a variety of phenotypes… they’re not stable. Cindy 99 IS STABLE.
4. The seeds are small, tan in colour and “speckled” not striped. If you ordered from either Bros.Grimm or Heaven’s Stairway you WON’T get ripped off…but I’ll describe the plants: As seedlings they’re fast-growing, Indica-dominant with fairly wide leaves. They show preflowers @ 5-6 weeks old WITHOUT FAIL. They NEVER herm, so if the preflowers have pistils, it’s FEMALE forever. They flower RAPIDLY – you probably won’t believe how fat and dense and frosty they’ll be @ 4-5 weeks 12/12. The flower/leaf is EXTREMELY high; the tops of the colas go NUTS at about 5 weeks into flowering, sending braid-like floral cluster projections out in all directions without any leaves. Just before that happens, hundreds of SNOW WHITE pistils make the tip of the colas look like they’re wearing fur caps! The resin production is HEAVY (again, you won’t believe it), a HEAVENLY scent of tropical fruit and berries begins to fill the room @ 3 weeks of 12/12 and just keeps getting more overpowering ’til they’re done. The finished smoke is the type of high that keeps you UP; it’s very cerebral – the only body effect is the “jitters”. I certainly wouldn’t recommend it to anyone looking to “mellow out” on the sofa, BUT if you wanted to smoke before going running or cycling – PERFECT!
I smoked C-88 one eve after trying Silver Haze and the C-88 buzz cut RIGHT THROUGH the high of the Haze so badly that my wife asked me, “what did you do?… smoke too much?” The flavour is just like the scent; fruity and sweet…not at all hashy (not that there’s anything WRONG with that!…heehee.
Outdoors, Apollo 13 and Cinderella 88 will finish before October 15th at 43 degrees north lattitude.
If you liked NL#5/Haze, you’ll like C-99 too. It’s got a sweet, fruity taste and some of that “paranoia inducing” effect, very cerebral and speedy. The major advantages of C-99 over the old Haze x NL#5 from the original seed bank are rapid maturation and bigger yield. The highs and flavours are “different” but in the same class.