What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Apollo 11 f3 and discussion

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Genius clone has been in circulation for a while, but from what I hear, she's lost a bit of her old vigor.
Tho you can see a lot of Genius in my offspring, I consider my cross to be pretty much 50/50 Cindy/Genius. ;)

Z

zen_trikester

The Genius clone has been in circulation for a while, but from what I hear, she's lost a bit of her old vigor.
Tho you can see a lot of Genius in my offspring, I consider my cross to be pretty much 50/50 Cindy/Genius. ;)
I seem to recall that Genius was tough to grow too... maybe it was a support issue or production, I can't remember. That may be why it isn't a common clone at clubs, or maybe it is such a great breeder that it is being horded? wasn't somebody selling Genius x DC seeds? Cannabiogen maybe? Either way I'm happy with my A11 cut and it sounds like most people are.

Are most people getting just the lemon based scent? Is anyone else getting that black pepper thing half way through like I have?

Jed

edit to add a photo I found of my A11 cut outdoors... crappy shot and a first time grower doing this but you can see the structure.

Attachments

• a11-outdoor-sept.jpg
    a11-outdoor-sept.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 22

Darwin

Cannanaut
ICMag Donor
Hi everyone, thanks for the the great replies. I just got home yesterday from a 10 day stint in the hospital due to pain so as soon as I get back on my feet I'll be posting some harvest pics and some more discussion/responses. Sorry for being absent, I've been in a bad place with now my second chronic pain issue.

I wish you all the best!

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good to have you back Darwin. :wave:

My plants almost died, as it was several day's home before I was able to get to them. They were totally drooping, got to them just in time. They bounced back quite nicely!

F13 x A11
picture.php

Really happy with the way these two worked together.

I'll let you steer things back to all things Apollo, Darwin. ;)
Best wishes for a quick and relatively painless recovery!

Last edited:

Ulysses

Keep rocking the Apollo 11, Darwin!

I've only seen pics of the Genius pheno but from your pic and description, I'd say you are pretty damn close... I'd like to smoke her!

A backcross with your genetic pool to Apollo G4 or even the Genius clone itself may prove very interesting...

The Cindy I smoked was a wild buzzy tachicardia/paranoia inducing toke- kinda the opposite of what you seek???

It was Cannacopia that crossed Genius to DeepChunk but I feel the 'thinking' buzz was probably sacrificed for yield and vigor...

Best of Luck

Darwin

Cannanaut
ICMag Donor
High everyone!

I've had a rough couple of weeks with pain, and I'm still dealing with it but conversing with you guys is a great way to take my mind off of it. The following pictures are the final set in this grow. The desired phenotype is labeled as 10 wks but it's actually 9 weeks 12/12 and even that was probably a little bit too long. The Cindy pheno is 10 weeks.

zen_trikester: Nice lady. The pepper scent is definitely in these genetics. I'm inclined to say that it comes more from the Cindy side just because the plants I have had that demonstrated this trait always were more Cindy leaning. I've never seen (or smelled ;) ) it go past 6 weeks though.

g0vnaa:Thanks for stopping by!

Highlighter: I imagine that cross must be heady for sure. I know what you're talking about with being in the hospital and worrying about your plants. Luckily I have a significant other who loves the plants almost as much as I do so my ladies were taken care of :)

Ulysses: Yeah I've never smoked Genius either but it certainly does sound like a winner. I think the plants I select definitely lean towards Genius' genetic lineage simply because they are nothing like Cindy. A backcross to Genius would be incredibly interesting, but alas I don't think that will happen any time soon. I really keep to myself and have no idea if Genius is floating around in my area. And yes, that paranoia you describe is the complete opposite of what I go for. I just don't like that high and I don't find it helps me any.

Anyway, on with the pics:

picture.php

picture.php

and this is a quick snap of one of the "undesirable" phenotypes. Sorry it's blurry, I just can barely be upright right now and taking a pic of this pheno wasn't my top priority. These yield way more than my breeding parents but yield really isn't my concern.

picture.php

I hope you all enjoy. These are all drying now so I will post dried pics as well as a smoke report as soon as it is feasible. BTW I have pollen from 5 males in storage and another 15 desirable males getting ready to go into flower. The next seed round (resulting in F4) will be underway in the next few days!

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
Apollo 11 is my all time favorite smoke :)! Your selection process looks like it's coming along nicely.

I am also inbreeding for Genius characteristics. Just wish I could've started with F1s like you! Good luck, and I hope you find what you're looking for.

PS: Are you planning on shipping any of your F3 or F4s to the bay? I would love to run some of your seeds :smoke:.

Darwin

Cannanaut
ICMag Donor
CARE giver:Thanks for stopping by. It looks like you and I have some very similar interests. Regarding sending things into the bay, the original purpose of the line really wasn't for selling or anything like that. I grew an F1 strain that I really liked and said to myself "can I make this stable in a seedline?" Clones are great and all but I truly believe that seedlines are the only way to truly preserve a strain.

I'm running low on F3's but that's because I'm at the end of the selection period for this generation. I will be sending in Apollo 11 F3xSWT#4 into the bay for freebies though. It looks like I got quite a good crop of these and this cross is something I have always had in mind. SWT is another one of my faves and I think it will add much needed yield and stem strength to the Apollo line. This batch is going to be variable though because the Apollo 11 isn't fully inbred. It's really more of a sneak-peak of things to come and I'm going to share with everyone. To get back to your original question, I guess I don't know. I don't think the F4's are going to be quite there yet and I would never think of selling anything that wasn't up to my own personal standards. I guess we'll have to see how things go :)

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
Keep rocking the Apollo 11, Darwin!

I've only seen pics of the Genius pheno but from your pic and description, I'd say you are pretty damn close... I'd like to smoke her!

A backcross with your genetic pool to Apollo G4 or even the Genius clone itself may prove very interesting...

The Cindy I smoked was a wild buzzy tachicardia/paranoia inducing toke- kinda the opposite of what you seek???

It was Cannacopia that crossed Genius to DeepChunk but I feel the 'thinking' buzz was probably sacrificed for yield and vigor...

Best of Luck
Yeah somebody needs to get this man Darwin a clone of Genius!

CARE giver:Thanks for stopping by. It looks like you and I have some very similar interests. Regarding sending things into the bay, the original purpose of the line really wasn't for selling or anything like that. I grew an F1 strain that I really liked and said to myself "can I make this stable in a seedline?" Clones are great and all but I truly believe that seedlines are the only way to truly preserve a strain.

I'm running low on F3's but that's because I'm at the end of the selection period for this generation. I will be sending in Apollo 11 F3xSWT#4 into the bay for freebies though. It looks like I got quite a good crop of these and this cross is something I have always had in mind. SWT is another one of my faves and I think it will add much needed yield and stem strength to the Apollo line. This batch is going to be variable though because the Apollo 11 isn't fully inbred. It's really more of a sneak-peak of things to come and I'm going to share with everyone. To get back to your original question, I guess I don't know. I don't think the F4's are going to be quite there yet and I would never think of selling anything that wasn't up to my own personal standards. I guess we'll have to see how things go :)
That SWT cross sounds amazing. That would be a solid ass plant.

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran

anyone remember that picture of a genius nug that won the pic of the month one time on overgrow? it was a freshly trimmed nug with the stem stuck through the button hole of a nicely toned chick's jeans with her bare stomach as the backdrop. always made me want that clone.

C

csedge

I wouldn't consider it slow but she is deffinitly beautiful.

Darwin

Cannanaut
ICMag Donor
Well the ladies have had a good three week cure and I think this gives a decent view of what this strain is able to do:

picture.php

Scent: Upon opening the jar the scent is reminiscent of a well cured cigar. Rich, earthy and thick. Almost no lemon scent but a satisfying scent non the less. Earthy with hints of leather would be the best way I could put it. The scent reminds me of old leather filled rooms with wood paneling if that makes any sense.

As the bud is broken up the lemon aroma starts to come through, particularly on the fingers.

Smoke: Upon inhale the smoke is incredibly smooth with a first layer of earthiness. Upon exhale the intense aroma and taste of lemon Pledge is almost overwhelming. I say almost overwhelming because it's not just lemon, it has a strong backbone which is hard to describe. Exhale the smoke and you might think you accidentally got some cleaning products on your buds ;) A very enjoyable smoke to say the least.

High: Not a whole lot of indica in this one. No creeper, the high kicks in almost immediately in your head, almost dizzying if you smoke too much at once. Shortly after the buzz mellows to a warm bath for your brain, not numbing but enlightening. As I've said before, this is thinking weed; great to sit around and come up with ideas on. You will repeatedly find yourself going inside your head, visualizing ideas (even abstract ideas that have no visuals to them ;) ) while being oblivious to your surroundings. Unfortunately, not a whole lot of pain relief, although I do find it is good as a mood enhancer as it has no paranoia.

The F4 seed run is in full force now. I will be posting pics as soon as I get a chance. I grew out another set of F3's for fun and found some other phenotypes that I may work with in the future also. As for the seeds I promised, they are harvested, cured and stored in the fridge. I just have to figure out packaging and they will be sent in. Any ideas on packaging would be great. I would like to do something a little different that the small plastic baggie.

I hope you all doing well, thanks for stopping by!

Cheerful

Also: if you are talking about sending in bulk seeds to the Bay, I believe I read on another thread that the folks at the Bay prefer to break it down themselves, into tiny baggies, so you can just send 1 container. Hope that helps.

hydroclops

You can pick you friends and you can pick your nos
Veteran
Great plant the A11,
don't see it to much.
I've been running a cut I was given almost 6 or 7 years now.
yours is looking great.
As soon as I get my camera cable(somewhere in the freeking house)
I wll post some if you don't mind

Stay safe and high.
......HYDRO.......

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
Exhale the smoke and you might think you accidentally got some cleaning products on your buds ;) A very enjoyable smoke to say the least.

Haha love it :). Great descriptive smoke report man. I always love checking back on this thread every week or so :tiphat:.

I

Iron_Lion

My only real gripe against this strain is that it seemed like it would only get me high once a day, smoking over a certain amount was just a waste of weed, but it did provide a good quality high.

Last edited:

i.love.scotch

Hey Darwin, great thread! Sorry to hear about your pain bro.

I had a question, what do you look for in your A11 males? Have you discovered any traits that help you pinpoint a desirable male?

one Q

Quality
Veteran
good stuff in here! thanks all.

IBJ I can see how you may think it;s week cause your looking for stupefying strong sativas.

Darwin great report. I remember her curing to a pure candy smell and taste. This was 6years ago tho. Im enjoying hearing about the process your in.