What's new

6x600W Amnesia Haze Core Cut on mapito (Simpicity with pballs)mix with

BroughtSuperior

Veteran
nice amnesia you got rocking around there mang, I've had one for almost 10 years, I've just lost it this year and I'm remembering her seeing your pics!!
1L

chase1

Ya don't see many Mapito grows I'm thinking about giving it a go as I like the fact it's reusable
How often do you need to water
Do you keep medium slightly wet or let dry a bit before next watering

chase1

I wasn't sure if you would answer as I'm a bit late to your grow but thanks for the reply
I brought 80ltr bag of Mapito the other day so in a room I have some coco plants I'm going to try it on maybe 5 plants just hand watered to see how it compares
I like the idea of reusing it an the fact that you said it doesn't need watering every day
Have you ever tryd growing bigger plants with it

chase1

������ I get the picture seems like big plants are fine In Mapito
One other question does it have to be flooded from the bottom I can I just hand water

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Of course, but the EC of the nutes needs to be lower in a drain to waste or hand watered setup, than it needs to be for a recirculating system.

chase1

Ok thanks
I've got some well rooted plants in 1ltr pots so Ile give a few a go using mapito Ile let ya no how it goes

chase1

Well I struggled to find Mapito in bigger bags .the biggest I found was 80ltr and I don't believe what I got is proper Mapito as it looks like just rock wool chunks without any of the foam in with it
Any way I put 4 seedlings in it an the rest I have in coco and I must say the 4 test ones out grew the rest in coco by about 50% so my view so far is pretty impressed but the problem I got is it works out to expensive around 3.5 times the cost of coco
Does any one no a cheap place in uk to buy Mapito

simplicity

Real mapito has foam. You have the cultilein mapito, it has coco. It will work but the foam is better. Hidro uses the styro balls to supplement the foam in his version.

Karma Up

simplicity

chase1

Thanks simplicity
Ye actually did look like it had dry coco bark bits in
I need to find some real Mapito at a good price

and a cross we made Fusion seeds Lemonthai male (from Smilestyle) vs Amnesia (Core Cut)

grown by Sharky:

bottom buds....totally full under canopy also!

nice tops also

good bud leaf ratio

thanks for watching

hidronesia

Nadrzajda

This is so useful and beautifull, having my mapito and testing it, i wish i would have a core cut of amnezia one day! Thanks K+