What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looking for a indica that's consistently potent

I'm looking for some indica dominant strains, that will consistently produce POTENT plants(FROM SEED) without so many shitty phenotypes. I only have a handful of plants/ strains that are decently potent. Those are w.o.s mazar x white rhino, white widow x big bud, lemon kush, and northern lights x skunk #1. Other than that I've had a lot of duds.

Pineapple chunk, autobomb, skunk#1, master kush, grand daddy purp, jack herer, all duds.
Now part of the problem was for each of those strains I probably killed 4 out of 5 seeds(I had damping off issues at first). So I'm sure it's my fault.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bodhi seeds Goji OG.. There are a few Phenos but all are very good. I found 1 that's very special.. The Original mother cost $20k to obtain it.

picture.php

smokeyla1

LA confidential if you want kushy, coffee taste and medium yielder or sweettooth #3 for heavier yielding, fruity buds. 2 best indica's I've personally grown and can vouch for. Very consistent as well, only variation in LA was 1 pheno purpled but was all 8.5-9 potency and 9 in taste. Yield could use a bump... Swt#3 can yield fat dense buds that you gotta watch for mold if your ventilation isn't up to par. Potency was about 7-7.5, taste was 7.

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
Yeah Sour Bubble takes the cake here.

You can count on every seed being potent. Just gotta find the one with the structure and flavor you like.

Only downside is its a tad slow to veg and low yields. Although i have seen improvement in the vigor recently. Primo headstash though... doesnt get any better imo. :2cents:

Jhhnn

Veteran
Of what we've grown, Yumbolt was the most consistent in all ways. Of 5 females, 4 were nearly identical & branchy, one merely shorter & stockier. Yield, flavor, aroma & effect was indistinguishable between them. Unique & robust flavor of pine & earth that lingers. thick & somewhat expansive smoke. Very stoney complex high w/o being total couch lock. Quite potent. I suspect it would probably breed pretty true, as well.

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
Another vote for sour bubble...my keeper Lime branch pheno has hollow stem faster vegger and yielded better than the cornstalk and tighter phenos all were potent though. Some good suggestions in this thread :tiphat:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 10

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Sour bubble is a nobrainer for what ya look for... It's one of the most consistent uniformity indeed form.... That goji looks redicolous ... Killer work pf u take some awesome photos..

smokeyla1

Fwiw I grew sour bubble bx1 alongside the La Con and I personally thought La was better in every category...actually had a similar taste but La was stronger in the actual smoke and had extra something to it, like it stayed in your mouth long after exhale. La was at least double the yield. Potency sb I would give a slight edge to but both were 1-hit and quit types...crystal content/bag appeal I'd give to SB also had some purpling and La Con was a bit easier to grow. Again just giving an opinion as someone who has grown both.

Last edited:

Chrondiddle O

Veteran
I agree with the poster who mentioned paradises sensi star,it has to be the regular version though.As is so often the case when these well reputed varieties are selfed everything the male(s) in the original cross brought to the table is lost.

Oh for more seed companies who made open pollinations....

I found my Goji to be more on the sativa dom side of things? nice functional day high for me.
I've grown BOGs sour bubble, take her 10 weeks and you'll struggle to find better indica smoke, but she doesn't yield much and really lacks vigor, his sour boggle yields better and is still a good indica

Tigers milk and Jabbas stash from Bodhi are both great indicas

Latest posts

Latest posts